Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Anthony Jeselnik (one of the main writers on the show) is the greatest living joke-writer in the Universe, you simpletons.

People trashed Conan in his first season, too.

Give it time.

^ i hate to admit it... AGAIN... but i'm with this guy. :D

i've always been a fan of jimmy fallon for some reason anyways, the ONLY complaint i have about the show is that sometimes he seems too starstruck. other than that... the show itself to me is fine.

As reported by Page 6, Morgan said he and the other SNLers were bothered by the "laughing and all that dumb [bleep] he used to do - he wouldn't mess with me because I didn't bleep-ing play that shit. That's taking all the attention off of everybody else and putting it on you, like, 'Oh, look at me, I'm the cute one.' I told him not to do that shit in my sketches, so he never did.

- Tracy on Jimmy. Love it.

I hereby challenge Tracy Morgan to a ten-minute head-to-head stand-up showdown for $10,000 and bragging rights, as long as the competition is voted upon by anyone other than his celebrity friends.

I've seen him literally PASS OUT ONSTAGE because he got too drunk before the show.

He deservedly got booed off the stage.

OK - I'll go ahead and say it:

If Tracy Morgan was white, he would be standing in line for auditions and working temp jobs during the day to pay his rent.

His acting is decent - his comedy is sub-par.

There.

I said it.

I hereby challenge Tracy Morgan to a ten-minute head-to-head stand-up showdown for $10,000 and bragging rights, as long as the competition is voted upon by anyone other than his celebrity friends.

I've seen him literally PASS OUT ONSTAGE because he got too drunk before the show.

He deservedly got booed off the stage.

OK - I'll go ahead and say it:

If Tracy Morgan was white, he would be standing in line for auditions and working temp jobs during the day to pay his rent.

His acting is decent - his comedy is sub-par.

There.

I said it.

He hasn't drank in like 2 years. I can't believe you'd fault someone for having a substance abuse problem on bluelight of all places. Anyway, he's taken care of it. I love Tracy. I think he's really funny. Jimmy on the other hand.......... :\

Being a talk show host is tough. Lots of genuinely funny people have flopped trying to do talk shows. Remember Jon Stewart's first talk show on MTV?
Dennis Millers has had at least 300 different talk shows get cancelled and yet he always finds a network willing to give him a new one.
I'm reserving judgement on this one. He's at least better than Chevy Chase.

Hey can we all agree to love Louis CK at least? ;)

It's NOT even a matter of opinion.

CK is per se brilliant.

As for my beef with Morgan, I couldn't care less if he has heroin and meth fueled orgies on his own time, BUT with that said:

(1) He was paid about $30,000 for ONE WEEK of shows - middle-class couples saved up to spend $150-ish (including the drink minimums) to watching him do his thing.

When you're lucky enough to get paid that kind of money to tell fucking jokes, it's your ETHICAL OBLIGATION to show up EVERY FUCKING SHOW, ready to KILL.

He gladly cashed their check, but got so hammered before the show that he was speaking incoherently and actually fell asleep on the stage!

I was there.

I saw it happen.

I, for one, enjoy my chemicals, but I know not to so much as smoke a joint, let alone down ten drinks, just before a gig where people are investing their time and energy so that I can entertain them, and I don't exactly pull in $30,000 a WEEK (yet).

(2) Just my opinion, he's just NOT funny.

Charismatic?

Perhaps.

Good actor?

Absolutely.

Funny?

Not really, in my opinion - certainly not at stand-up.

i haven't caught much of the show to be honest, but i did see part of his monologue on one occasion and it was as if he felt like he was going to bomb before he got out. he just had that aura about him that he just didn't think the material was funny, and he wasn't confident at all that he's was entertaining anyone. he almost looked embarrassed.

i wish him luck. not an easy job.

as to the other...

the only funny thing i've ever seen morgan do is the brian fellows skits off SNL. other than that he seems to be cast as the half drunk black guy. he may be sober, but he sure doesn't sound it, ever. i can see how that may be his delivery style, and some may find it funny. to each their own.

Anthony Jeselnik (one of the main writers on the show) is the greatest living joke-writer in the Universe, you simpletons.

People trashed Conan in his first season, too.

Give it time.

*bump*

I've given it time and I still find Jimmy Fallon to be more irritating than funny most of the time. Anthony Jeselnik may be a very good joke-writer, but that means nothing if the comedian/host/entertainer can't deliver the joke properly. Jimmy Fallon fails in his delivery imo, and generally doesn't have that 'host' ability, atleast not yet. Conan could be given terrible material from his writers but still have the crowd in hysterics.