Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Dead Like Me.

Although it appears that GL and I are the only ones watching.. ;) I was just wondering if anybody else is

I think this season is definitely tops, it's definitely been hilarious and dramatic.. blah blah blah. The last episode (10) was an absolute riot.

Your thoughts, Rick?

I still love this show & feel its only goten better. There are a few cringe-worthy moments here & there (they sometimes make Mason into WAYY too much of a buffoon) but overall its a great show that I hope gets picked up for another season.

Best episode so far: the one with the swimming pool (kept cutting to George when she was a kid). That one was brilliantly written & imaginatively photographed.

SPOILERS WARNING

I agree. I liked the ending.. where it sort of insinuated that perhaps George was always meant to be a reaper.. ie the gravelings leaving her alone in the pool. :)

KILL MASON!!!

OK the time has long past for the "Mason" character to depart the series. Mason has become the black hole in the show & has devolved into a character you'd see on a UPN sitcom. I say get rid of him & don't t replace him either. Between George, Joy, Reggie, Delores, Crystal, Rube, Roxie & Diasy & the creepy "kid reaper" there are enough characters.

Perhaps they are making Mason such a stridently doofy character so that we're all happy when he leaves.

I don't know .. I kind of like Mason and the possible storyline that can develop between him and Daisy. I'm not sure if where everyone is, so I won't post any spoilers, but I think the developing storyline is going to be good.

Does anyone know if the show has been picked up by Showtime for another season?

Is it me or were the last several episodes a bit lackluster? After that one GREAT episode--the one that kept flashing back to George as a little girl in the pool--the show gor progressively dopier & the Mason became harder & harder to take.

The season (series) finale was a bit of a let down as well.

On the one hand I'd like to see a Season Three as the George, Joy, Reggie, Rube, Roxy & Dolores characters are interesting & I'd like to see where the writers go with them. If its just more of the same with Daisy & Mason though I'd rather the series end before it suffers from TWIN PEAKS SEASON 3 disease (thats when a once great show becomes almost a satire of what it once was)

I enjoyed the second season. :\

Im bummed b/c of the rumors that it wont be renewed..

I don't know how much these polls help, but if you like the show, it doesn't hurt to try to save it.

www.mediavillage.com The poll is on the left side.

randycaver said:
I enjoyed the second season. :\

Im bummed b/c of the rumors that it wont be renewed..

Same here. Personally, I liked the season finale - I thought it tied into the gravelings interaction with George in the pool very well. I thought the 2nd season had kind of settled on a direction to go with some of the characters and the writing had matured a bit over the 1st season. To each his own though.....

I really like this show I think it's extremely funny. The theme of reapers is really interesting.
[edited for RC]:D

Last edited:
I like run on sentences they are neat and I like homophones.

There's already a thread on this topic. ;)

Wasn't Dead Like Me cancelled to make room for Fat Actress?? Whoever made that call is an idiot. "Hmm.....instead of keeping this funny, thought out show on the air I think we should cancel it so everyone can watch Kirstie Alley bitch and whine for an hour."

randycaver said:
I like run on sentences they are neat and I like homophones.

There's already a thread on this topic. ;)

Yeah I was multitasking while writing this.

I searched for this thread and didn't find anything, ANYTHING. But searching now I found your thread. :)

will merge.

Ok Dead like me is about 4 people who are dead and they become Grim reapers and take other peoples souls after they die. Six feet under is about a family of people who are undertakers and prepare funerals etc. Two totally different shows.

And yes dead like me rocks

^^
Sorry I was comenting on Daisybabes coment
"Isn't this show just a ripoff of Six Feet Under?"