Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Band of Brothers (HBO mini-series)

I'm glad some other people love this series as much as I did. I was really impressed with the authenticity of it. Blue, I also felt the shivers down my spine when the greenlight switched and they jumped and it was a breathtaking view of the deep blue night sky filled with flak explosions, death, anti aircraft fire, and total chaos parachuting right into the heart of hell.

One of my favorite episodes was #3 CARENTAN when they were ambushed and pinned down on the road out of Carentan. The scene with Blith in the Foxhole scared shitless. I don't remember the exact quote but one of the CO's said to Blith " You know why you laid in that ditch all day instead of find your company and fight? Blith answers: "Because I was scared" CO says: "No Blith, we're ALL scared. You laid in that ditch all day because you have hope, you have hope that you'll live through this. The second you realize you're already dead is when you become an effective soldier."

That sequence was pretty intense whe the Tiger tanks were pounding their dug in positions and Hallelujah the Sherman armored division rolls up and wastes the Germans.

Also the scenes where Winters keeps having flashbacks of killing the young German soldier, that hit home. Especially knowing that in those last desparate days of the war, Hitler sent every last young kid he could at us, usually to their death, 14-year-olds with rifles.

Shit, every episode was great. I liked at the end where they finally infiltrated the Eagles Nest and found Hitlers personal photo albums.

I watched the series pretty much all the way through and I could not stop watching it. And during the battles scenes I was totally riveted and zoned out like I was there. I can't believe how brave some of these people were. It gave me a healthier appreciation for my grandad 89 years old who fought in that war. I recently went through his trunk of WWII stuff, very interesting pieces of history.

Been a long time since i've seen my dvd's but i remember enjoying them quite a bit. Must revise soon.

BlueAdonis said:
Am I the only one who likes Ron Livingston (Office Space, Sex in the City)?

no. everyone has a mother =D

Nah, he's cool.

Question: was it hard to divorce the humorous aura of Ron Livingston's Office Space persona while watching BoB? Office Space is in my top 20 list and at first it was really weird seeing him in a dramatic role because I've only ever seen him in Office Space. I got over pretty quick, I think he did a solid job in BoB. I wonder where he' gonna pop up next.

I'm so out of touch, he's been in all these spots since Office Space in 99 and I've only seen him BoB:
Pretty Persuasion (2005) .... Percy Anderson
American Crude (2005) .... Johnny
Holly (2005) .... Patrick
The Life Coach (2005) .... Ron
Little Black Book (2004) .... Derek
Winter Solstice (2004/I) .... Mr. Bricker
VH1 50 Greatest Album Covers (2003) (TV) .... Host
King of the Ants (2003/I) .... Eric Gatley
44 Minutes: The North Hollywood Shoot-Out (2003) (TV) .... Donnie Anderson
The Cooler (2003) .... Larry Sokolov
Pirates (2003)
Adaptation. (2002) .... Marty Bowen
Buying the Cow (2002) .... Tyler Carter Bellows
"Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini) TV Series .... Capt. Lewis Nixon
A Rumor of Angels (2000) .... Uncle Charlie
Beat (2000) .... Allen Ginsberg
Body Shots (1999) .... Trent
Two Ninas (1999) .... Marty Sachs

My god I even saw The Cooler and have no recollection of him.