Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Idol

I don't watch it because I can't stand terrible pop music. But I do understand how you (Randy) can find it humorus and entertaining. :)

^^ luckily they're not singing terrible pop music during the show!! It's only AFTER they win do they sing that ;)

They sing themes from motown to disco and other genres. :) I dont know why, the point is to sing pop, not be VARIED!! ;)

Bo's rendition of for the Love of Money, was simply fantastic.

I got him above CArrie this week

AI Power Rankings

1. Bo Bice
2. Carrie Underwood
3. Vonzell
4. Anthony Federov

I don't watch it because I can't stand terrible pop music.

Gee... I must have watched a different American Idol. The one I watched had music from many genres and time periods. Lots of quality song selections.

All this negativism towards American Idol makes me laugh. Especially when it comes from a lot of people who'll pay to see some yahoo spin other peoples music and bob his head while pretending it took him years to master his skillz.

YOU watch American Idol?!??! LOL! Really? that's so fucking cool =D

I like Carrie too, Laura. For some reason, altho I was looking at the show objectively last night b/c at the time I didn't really care who won (and frankly it's not going to change my life either way but I still formed an opinion) and I decided that Bo is just.. blah. I love Carrie's voice, and she's worked really hard this season to get where she is, I think, and Bo just seems like a generic rocker to me. I'd even prefer Constantine's theatrics ;)

/end geekiness

Although I will admit that each year the singing in the finale sucks big hairy donkey balls.

YAY! The winner is.............NOBODY!
coz we have another useless popstar in the industry, god bless america, here's to this girl getting into country music so i never have to hear anything from her again

Carrie will sell a lot of records. In the country music scene it's a lot easier to put a hit record together and get it some play. The kid who came in fourth place in the first season who sang country, currently has the number 1 country music song on the charts and he was in 4th place with the vote.

Carrie fits the mode perfectly of the country western female singers, and will sell a few mil albums before all is said and done.

so who thinks kelly (wait is that her first name i forget) pickler...is a LOT like carrie underwood?

lol

yeah, she is :D i am sick of the country shit tho. I really can't stand it and I'd never EVER buy/download. ;)

I think my current favorite is the last one. I think her name is Katherine?

katherine mcphee, indeed.
katharine.jpg

i don't watch the show, but someone pointed her out to me - i might have to start watching the show muted... she is beautiful! although seems a bit ditsy.

Shit i like that sista from new york who bared her claws at the judges. RAWRRRRR. she has lots of spunk. Fuck if I can remember names !

i dislike the girl becky donahue. also dislike that guy gideon...his smile bothers me too LOL

this hasn't been bumped for this season?

did anybody see it tonight - they were doing bon jovi. i thought everybody rocked.

alasdair

This is the first season I've followed by actually watching it, rather than by letting Best Week Ever of a Jib Jab video tell me whats up. Being a johnny come lately is kinda nice.

IMO, its pretty obvious who is going and who is staying. Well, at least one of them.

chris_richardson.jpg

Chris Richardson.... he just doesn't belong.

I know the showdown I want to see is Blake the beatboxer (thats just fucking insipid to me, but I love that somebody is doing something a little challenging and risky) and Melinda (who is a nice happy medium between Lakisha who has a frighteningly strong voice, but also a frightening grill, and Jordin, who is easy on the eyes, but consistently underwhelms me.)

This is about the only context in which I find this much bon jovi not just acceptable, but exciting, too. ;)

Okay, so I will admit I've been following this season too.

I was one of those who voted for Sanjaya over, and over, and over because he was the worst. It was fun to see how far that kid would go. I'd say my excitement for the show dropped by 50% when he was voted off.

Blake: He's only getting by because of that stupid beat-boxing schtick. It's a gimick, and it looks like it's working. Millions of teenie bopper broads must be doing the voting.

Chris: Terrible. When we first saw him in the auditions would anyone have guessed he'd be in the final 6?!

Phil: Not too bad, creepy looking. But not finalist material.

Jordin: Great singer. She delivered probably my favorite performance of the season ( see youtube video here) . Cute girl, great voice. I say she's final 2 material for sure.

Lakisha: Not finalist material. I will go ahead and be shallow and say it's because she's just too fat. In a hoity-toity TV world pretty girls go far, and she's just not that typical thin, pretty girl. She's an enormous single mom with a gap between her teeth the size of Rhode Island. Great voice, don't get me wrong, but sooner or later superficial voting will take over. Tough luck.

Melinda: Besides the fact that she looks like Shrek, she's a good singer. Probably the most talented of the bunch, but I wish she'd quit that humble, "oh I'm a good singer? Really?!?" schtick. In the end, she'll go up against Jordin and lose.

OH PLEASE for the love of god send LaKisha or Blake home tonite!! :X