Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: 90's babies-Cartoons

Randomly, this Mexican restaurant was playing 'Yo Gabba Gabba' while I was eating. It was very WTF for me

yogabbagabba.jpg

I was born in the 80's, so my favourite cartoons were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, M.A.S.K., Rugrats, Duck Tales, Henry's Cat, Inspector Gadget, Captain Planet, Widget, and no doubt more I can't remember right now.

Definitely good memories from those times, but I think Belisarius is right. We were all fond of what was around when we were kids. I thought most late 90's stuff and beyond sucked. By then, I was of course in my teens and too cool for anything.

Not cartoons, but have probably even better memories of live action children's TV. There's Monkey Magic, which after travelling recently (which included China, no less, where they have a new version of Monkey, which legitimately sucks), EVERYONE used to watch. Most of the others are Australian shows, which a lot of posters on these boards most likely wouldn't recognise. The best of all is Round the Twist. I watched every episode again in the last 6 months and I still found it very entertaining, it was a great show.

Its funny to me all yall who is naming these cartoons that *I* always considered to be too "new" and shitty when I was a kid, LOL, Like cow and chicken and ed ed and eddy and all those ones, aw man, i hated that shit! I would have killed the angry beavers if I coulda. There was lots of that style of cartoons that I was not a fan of.

I always thought those was a great example of the "new school" cartoons that kinda left away from the style of the ones that we had in the late 80s and early early 90s.. I aint actually sayin yall suck for likin them, its just that the "better back in da day" syndrome is always gonna apply to everyone, so all these cartoons that the OP is saying "these was the REAL cartoons, the ones they got now suck" I am lookin at the cartoons he liked as bein the new cartoons that suck u feel me? J

ohny bravo, dragon ball z, cat dog, I think the OP must be under 20 yrs old cuz that shit was all on when i had stopped watchin cartoons and would only see them here and there flippin thru channels and think damn, wat happened to the good cartoons? :D Its funny how its different for everyone u kno?

I didnt have cable when i was a kid, and just got it a few yrs ago matter fact, so i mised out on alot o the nickeloden cartoons but there was always friends houses to see it at.

I liked Teenage mutant ninja turtles, David the Gnome, and lots more that i will think of, but since i aint had cable i was stuck with the network cartoons so i watched alot of (these aint necessarily favorites, they are just the ones i grew up watching cuz of nothing else better on, but some of them def. are favorites, just sayin I know some of em sucked so dont hate and think I was a big fan of the shittier ones that we all know were beat ;) ):

Chip and dale rescue rangers, Goof Troop, Tailspin, Duck Tales, Dark Wing Duck, Scooby doo, gumby, garfield, muppet babies. Also there was this Winnie the Pooh show that was on saturday mornings pretty early that i remember.

But there was also the ones from cable that i got to see at friend houses like Aah, real monsters, i liked that one...rugrats, even tho i remember feeling like I was a little bit old to be watching it by the time it got popular, Doug.....

I dont remember a whole lot of them, but Im just sayin....I was a in between kid , i was born in the late 80s so I aint totally a 80s baby with all the much older shows that a 80s kid would be saying, but i aint a 90s kid with all these new style cartoons with the ADD-style animation that makes kids hyper as hell.

Even as a kid i appreciated the animation and art work in shows and i feel like it has got so much simpler over time that now they aint nothing like the quality that they used to be. There is hardly any even semi-normal looking people in cartoons these days, its all these weird-ass, super angular exaggerated-drawn type bodies and faces and heads that dont even look a lil like a human body. i aint against creativitity or nothing, just sayin that these days its like EVVERYTHING follows that crazy animation style like in that dexter labratory show, etc.

Every cartoon with the thick-ass outlines, or moving vibrating outlines like edd and eddy, etc. There aint no attention put to the drawing of the scenes or the characters. its all super-bright colors, fast moving hyperactive style shit.

I always loved to watch cartoons like David the Gnome and see all the details of the forest, of his house, etc....And I aint sayin that the new shit all sucks even if it sounds like i am, haha, just sayin. It seems like there aint much craftmanship in the cartoons they been makin for the past 10 or 15 years.

I remember when the show earth worm jim came out was around the time that i felt like cartoons was starting to go down the draim. So all these late 90's shows was already gettin ignored by me , i was like 11 in 99 i think, so i was gettin too old for that shit anways, but i feel like you can tell there is a very distinct seperation that happened some time in the mid 90's with the quality of kids cartoons , maybe its just me tho.

I always thought those was a great example of the "new school" cartoons that kinda left away from the style of the ones that we had in the late 80s and early early 90s.. I aint actually sayin yall suck for likin them, its just that the "better back in da day" syndrome is always gonna apply to everyone, so all these cartoons that the OP is saying "these was the REAL cartoons, the ones they got now suck" I am lookin at the cartoons he liked as bein the new cartoons that suck u feel me?

I hear you. I think when we look back a lot of the stuff we liked as kids (and you could apply that to just about anything) we still like because it reminds us of a certain time, and not necessarily cuz it was good. I look at modern day cartoons and think they're absolutely terrible in comparison to stuff from the 80s, or even Hanna-Barbera cartoons which were great. I mean, have you seen the newer episodes of Scooby-Doo?. wtf.

Chip and dale rescue rangers, Goof Troop, Tailspin, Duck Tales, Dark Wing Duck, Scooby doo, gumby, garfield, muppet babies. Also there was this Winnie the Pooh show that was on saturday mornings pretty early that i remember.

Those were some of the ones I enjoyed as a kid. :)

I was born in the early 80s, but I still watched some of the ones from the 90s cuz I just enjoy cartoons. Powerpuff Girls, Dextor's Laboratory, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Tiny Toon Adventures, Hey Arnold, Eek! The Cat, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, The Wild Thornberrys, Angela Anaconda, and Daria were some of my favourites. Yes, I googled. There's no way I'd have been able to remember all those from the top of my head. :D

Ah, Eek! the Cat...thought I was the only one who remembered that one, because every single time I bring it up with my peers I get a raised eyebrow.

gargoyles_cast.gif

I watched a few episodes . . .

tempted to change the title to 80s babies because they are superior in all ways.

MaxPowers, I remember bein like 7 and thinking Gargoyles was lame for some reason. I think that I thought the idea of the show was dumb, like gargoyles coming to life or somethin. The thing is, that i never watched it, i only watched the intro with the theme song and shit, so I got no idea WTF it was actually about, but i just remember refusing to watch it becuz i thought that it must be about stone gargoyles that came to life and that was dumb.

Kids think of such stupid shit sometimes, but im happy to share that lil dose of dumb with you if it give you a laugh :D

Cartoons are just like music, it has all become complete and adulterated shite. Remember during the holidays when there were the Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween Specials? Garfield, Snoopy, fuck Family Circus had a few...

Now, they have the clay based ones from the 60s, "A Christmas Special", which are classic, but, where is everything else...