• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Turning Pills Into Oral Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

twentyeggs

Greenlighter
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here knows the best way to convert Amoxicillin into an oral solution. The doses I need are extremely small, 1.1mg and 4mg. I have 500mg pills. I tried mixing it with 6ml water and 4ml syrup (for taste), And not surprisingly it's formed a heterogeneous mixture. I know there are other ingredients in the pill. But upon looking up the solubility of Amoxicillin it says Expiramental sulability 3540/L and predicted solubility is 0.98XXmg/ml. However i know that oral solutions of Amoxicillin are much more concentrated. Is there any way to convert this into a more potent solution. I'm sure you are wondering why i need such small doses both in MG and Volume, it's for 2 rats with an URI. Yeah, rats... I ended up with one that somehow, after many years, convinced me not to feed it to my snakes, and rats need a cage mate so I picked another. Anyways, It's gotta fit on their food, so 10 drops at the most. With whatever I've concocted, the doses are 2 and 8 units. The therapeutic dosage for rats is 22mg/kg. One weighs 0.18kg the other 0.05kg. I've got the math right, just realizing I may not be able to get the dose into an acceptable volume.

Any suggestions would be nice

Here is the list of other ingredients in my brand of capsule.
-microcrystalline Cellulose
-Colors
-Gelatin
-Magnesium Sterate
-titanium dioxide
-Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

I'm sorry but we really aren't the place to advise anyone on veterinary medicine. I don't think anyone here has experience with diluting Amoxicillin. Maybe adding the powder in small increments might suit your needs better. Sorry.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.