• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

tumblr

i made a new tumblr, after PB suggested I scan, tumbl, and tag all my paper correspondence, a lot of which are so delicate and old they are falling apart. i'm willing to make a project out of it.

http://lettersfromgirls.tumblr.com

Awesome. :]

Edit: Tempted to write you a letter but I don't really know the first thing about you so I wouldn't know where to begin! Oh wait. It's for girls only? How come?

Last edited:
Edit: Tempted to write you a letter but I don't really know the first thing about you so I wouldn't know where to begin! Oh wait. It's for girls only? How come?

erm, i don't know! i guess because only girls write me letters? it started out as just my archive, but now i'm not sure how much i'm willing to put into it. these letters are interesting because they tell stories about their lives in whatever way they want to, and they aren't really about me. it's just interesting to look at the inside lives of whoever. i think i'll keep it girls only, if people decide to send me letters or submit their own saved letters. girl stories don't get told as often as they should, and it keeps the scope smaller, so i can manage it. as it is only like .005% of the scans i've made have gone up, and it feels daunting.

That's really cool Kenickie!

thanks!

LOLOL. Damn you're on point with the bunch of emo lil teens. only negative thing about tumblr is when i see a dope tumblr i always look to see how old the person is if there's a description. I hate when i find a dope tumblr and the foo is 14...lol

i gave up tumblr for lent :( but i did make a massive queue on both tumblrs (well, as much as i could on the letters one) and it's now on my blacklist of sites until april 8th :( i spent way too much time on that site and have a lot of writing work that needs to be done without any of that distraction.

virgas, your latest avatar is good stuff. so is the text that reads across the top of your page, "my sister says the saddest things." what a beautiful song title.

http://lydiachaos.tumblr.com/
b/c i only have like 4 followers. good if you like gifs of robert downey jr.

Having a lot of followers isn't that great. It fills you with a false sense of grandeur that isn't particularly healthy for ones ego. I preferred it when I only had a few hundred, it's more intimate and social.

“A while back, Dick, Barry and I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like… Books, records, films — these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fucking truth. And by this measure, I was having one of the best dates of my life.”

Pretty much sums up tumblr for me. You can gain a mass of followers just by shit-posting stuff you like, rather than blogging about what you actually are like. That said, it's a fucking great multimedia source and a good platform to get some of your own stuff out there.