View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines ruin lives?

tittysnacks74

Bluelighter
A friend of mine was recently threatened with physical violence for trying to find people who would like to pitch on some 5-meo-dmt. The people e was asking weren't ignorant either, they were fairly experienced with tryptamines and psychedelics in general, and cautioned him menacingly that tryptamines ruin lives. The whole situation was very vague and cryptic.

I have found no literature on DMT or 5-meo-dmt causing chronic psychological problems. Can any of you inform me on what the mental hazards may be of using these substances, aside from the obvious trip?

Tryptamines are extremely powerful mind-altering compounds. Certainly some people aren't ready to have their worlds turned upside down in such a forceful manner -- I wouldn't say that is a problem with the drugs but a psychological problem originating with the individual person (probably similar in mechanism to PTSD).

Personally I've found tryptamines in general to be very rewarding compounds. Particularly 4-aco-dmt, DMT, and mushrooms; among others.

A friend of mine was recently threatened with physical violence for trying to find people who would like to pitch on some 5-meo-dmt. The people e was asking weren't ignorant either, they were fairly experienced with tryptamines and psychedelics in general, and cautioned him menacingly that tryptamines ruin lives. The whole situation was very vague and cryptic.

I have found no literature on DMT or 5-meo-dmt causing chronic psychological problems. Can any of you inform me on what the mental hazards may be of using these substances, aside from the obvious trip?

There's not a single report of HPPD or other negative psychological aftereffects from 5-MeO-DMT use. These people are tarded. "Tryptamines ruin lives" haha. They ruin lives as much as guns kill people.

So tryptamines DO ruin lives? Guns kill people alot so your saying me taking shrooms will ruin my life? or were you sarcastic?

These people sound pretty ignorant to me. They need to explain their thinking or shut up. And to threaten someone with violence for seeking a psychedelic? That is fucked up.

That being said, 5-meo-dmt is undoubtedly the tryptamine mostly likely to cause reactions of extreme terror.

There are several reports online from people who claim that upon closing their eyes at night for sleep they are shocked into total Fear, this being caused by a negative 5-meo experience.

I also know of a chemist (friend of a friend) who plugged 35 mg of 5-meo (incredibly stupid) and subsequently developed some kind of post-traumatic stress disorder; he's never been the same since.

My guess would be that someone among this group of people had a bad 5-meo experience, and now they're all carrying on like terrified, clueless peasants trying to find a witch to burn... 8)

tryptamines ruin lives? I cant imagine a life without tryptamines.. I would probably be like a zombie.
But I can understand that an intense bad trip can hurt someone deep in his soul.

Yeah, I think their reasoning probably lies in seeing someone they know personally take a superfluous 5-meo toke while undergoing preexisting mental imbalances.

You're not supposed to smoke more than 10 mg, right?

^ ~10 mg is definitely as far as most people are willing to take it. 8-12 is typical full breakthrough range. More than that is very very hard on body and mind.

This happened to me one time when I was at a house party tripping on acid with a friend who had DMT. There was some "experienced" (in a lot sort of way) hippie cat there who literally BEGGED my friend to throw out his DMT because "it turns people into zombies man, they're not who they are anymore, that stuff is like death man, after they smoke it people don't want friends, they just want to smoke DMT, they'll do anything for it, it makes you insane" and all of this ridiculous nonsense.

He was like, "throw it out man, I'll do anything, I'll blaze you up with all the herb I've got". He was really being really serious and impassioned about it. My friend threw it out, and then he blazed us up with some fine nugget.

It was really ridiculous though, because I totally knew better, but my friend wouldn't take no for an answer. Also, ironically enough, there was a very knowledgeable bluelighter in the same house. I wish he had witnessed that conversation...

Sometimes people who use drugs knew even less about them than people that don't.

P.S. in retrospect, it was a good thing, because fuck it - if you'll believe that, you shouldn't even have access to DMT to begin with.

Nothing is inherently bad or good, its all about whether you use it responsibly.

Nothing is inherently bad or good, its all about whether you use it responsibly.

I like that Mr. White <3

Tryptamines do not ruin lives.... they can ruin minds if not used with intelligence and foresight. But DMT is one of the most loving and friendly compounds that I have experimented with to date.

OP its good to ask questions like this, you should not inherently believe anything that you are told... all statements are subject to inaccuracies and opinions. <3

Yeah, that sounds about right. I don't really fuck around with any drugs, especially not drugs as powerful as DMT, so when I finally am ready to do it I will take all necessary physical, mental, and spiritual precautions necessary to prevent myself from becoming a "zombie." :p

Tryps are pretty intense...I have a feeling said person went into a heroic shroom dose with a "party" mentality or something of the sort.

Of all of the classes of drugs I've seen in peoples' lives, tryptamines have probably ruined the least.

^Nah, tryptamines ruined my life. That is if you consider being an unhappy, anxious mess a life. So I was gladly ruined :D The real risk involved in tryptamines is being overwhelmed by astonishment, to steal/paraphrase someone or other :D <3

Tryptamines are trippy amines.

They save more lifes than they ruin.

They also fill you with figure-8 shaped mystical god-energy... <3