• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Trying to quit heroin/fentanyl addiction, please help!

Mike93

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on here and finally decided to post and share my story. So ever since I tried heroin in March, I stupidly fell in love with it. Since then I've been buying fingers(10 grams worth) and those last between 5-7 says depending on quality. My dealer had complaints it was too weak and added Fentanyl into it in June so i guess I've been doing both heroin and fentanyl. It has made me work harder than I ever have. I have won awards at work, I have all A's this semester at school and it was all while sneaking around snorting dope before going back to work/school. I've ran out of money this week and I'm going to have to quit. My last small line was at 2pm yesterday and I haven't had any opiates since. I've stockpiled Imodium, Xanax, Ativan, clonidine and gabapentin. I've been taking them and keeping the withdrawal at bay. Any suggestions on how to properly use them though? I'm probably doing them wrongly. I'm really done with the waste of money that dope is and was wondering how long you think my withdrawals will be coming of a ~2 gram a day habit to nothing. Any support would be terrific and guidance to how to use the meds above to keep the withdrawal at bay and to help me through this nasty withdrawal! Thank you to whoever reads this!

Take around 30mg of Lope. That should hold off most of the worst symptoms. All the other shit you have is pretty much the best comfort meds out there, for the most part.Take them as needed.
Don't trade one addiction for another blah blah blah. Too much lope is bad blah blah.

The main thing is to fucking get through this and NEVER EVER go back. It's an endless fucking cycle that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. Hell, absolute hell.

30mg of lope each time I dose? I've been taking 12mg each time and haven't had any diarrhea or stomach issues. And i take clonidine and Xanax to put me to sleep at night. Is 2 grams a day of snorted heroin/fentanyl a heavy user? And if so, does that mean my withdrawals will last a long time?

I'm 66 days sober off the fentanyl bullshit. The withdrawal will come on hard and by the end of 7ish days it will be pretty much over. Xanax was a god send, because I didnt sleep for 4 days until I took some. Had to throw some out because I started liking it a little too much and benzo withdrawal ive heard is a lot worse. You have a good stockpile of goodies to help you. Just do not go back. I made it to day 4-5 many times and went back. By that time you are almost there, do not go back. Get some kind of support, a friend, na, if you can. Try not to do it alone. And when you start feeling better, stay busy, boredom will lead to relapse. Oh and exercise.

Thank you for your response Noahkeene! I've been taking large loperamide doses and actually got the energy to work last night. However I always feel really cold. I'm currently laying down with 3 blankets on and I'm still freezing. Is that part of the withdrawals? Other than that I've been using clonidine and Xanax to sleep. I have about 70 suboxone/subutex combined that I had when I tried to get clean in a program that ended up falling because I felt they didn't care about us and only saw it as a financial opportunity. Guess I'll have to flush them all! :) I took one once when trying to detox before and went into precipitated withdrawals because the addiction doctor I was seeing never did the COWS scale and dosed me too early. Never again. That was the worst experience of my life!

Feeling cold is part of the withdrawals. I remember wearing a jacket for days, and I live in southern California, it was probably 75 degrees. Ive gone into precipitated withdrawal twice, sent me running to score. Worst feeling ever. Good luck, dont give up. You only live once

I'm still clean! I worked my full 9 hours today too. It dragged ass though and I was so tired that I was going to leave early but I stuck it out. Is it normal to be extremely tired and be very weak? I lift alot at my job and I can't lift as much as I could while on dope. I was an animal on dope and would be lifting things and pouring sweat and getting everything done quicker than anyone, and today I was as slow as the newer hired and I was so sore when usually I wouldn't be sore at all. All sounds normal to you guys?

Very normal. You are going to feel tired and weak for what seems like forever. I work construction and when I went through withdrawal I had to force myself to work. The mind is powerful, your willpower can get you through a day of work. Check out Ryan Donnelly, free from hell on YouTube. Pretty good motivation to help push through the rough week or so. He has a channel with a ton of answers to withdrawal questions and it kills time watching his videos. Time seems to stand still during withdrawal, just try to keep positive, before you know it you'll be at day 30 and this will alll be a terrible memory

30mg of lope each time I dose? I've been taking 12mg each time and haven't had any diarrhea or stomach issues. And i take clonidine and Xanax to put me to sleep at night. Is 2 grams a day of snorted heroin/fentanyl a heavy user? And if so, does that mean my withdrawals will last a long time?

Once a day. You can go higher, I just wouldn't go above 60mg.
You have subs? Dude, do a taper and you won't feel any withdrawals. It's been long enough since your last line of H as far as precipitated WDs go.

Quick recommendation on the feeling cold issue. Heating blanket/pad(s). It helps tremendously. I get cold still and I'm almost at 60 days off opiates - I would go batty in wds without my heating blanket.

You are doing awesome! Keep up the good work!

- VE

Once a day. You can go higher, I just wouldn't go above 60mg.
You have subs? Dude, do a taper and you won't feel any withdrawals. It's been long enough since your last line of H as far as precipitated WDs go.
Quick recommendation on the feeling cold issue. Heating blanket/pad(s). It helps tremendously. I get cold still and I'm almost at 60 days off opiates - I would go batty in wds without my heating blanket. You are doing awesome! Keep up the good work!

- VE
I ended up doing it cold turkey. The most pain but the quickest recovery time. I have all my old subutex to get rid of now! And I'll definitely get one of those heating blankets to control being cold. I noticed that I sneeze ALOT ever since quitting. Is that normal too?

Yeah I sneeze like a mother fucker. Opiates kinda dry you out so you're making up for lost time

To my opinion, u should just take subs for the w.d., gradually reducing the dose until you are clear of them. My opinion is that there is no job that worths to you get in using heroin to increase your productivity at it. If you find your self not being that productive after stopping heroin, just don't care. Do the best you can do with out drugs, and then you will see your self becoming better at your job through the time because of your expirience and skills.
My opinion is that drugs should be used for nothing but fun and ephoria.
Don't get me wrong. I know keeping your job is important but counting on heroin to keep your job is a not worth-paying price.

About the drugs you use now to deal with w.d., as I told before, I think aren't a good choise. Subs are especially desined for that. What you are doing now is just replacing an addiction with an other

I don't have any experience with heroin, but I have plenty of experience with most other opiates. I'm currently prescribed OxyContin and hydrocodone for breakthrough which barely touches my pain, but anyway, I've passed the 48 hour mark with very few WD symptoms, which is perplexing to me. I've only had mild loose stools, restless legs and sneezing fits. Oddly, the pain is less than it normally is. I, too, have Valium, Clonidine, Phenergan, and Loperimide, and of course plenty of Tylenol and Ibupfofen. In the past, my WDs were awful and I just knew I was doomed this time when I ran out of meds. I even still have an appetite and managed to sleep last night as well. I still feel a little like I have a lead apron on, but I'm very grateful that it hasn't been nearly as bad. One thing I would suggest is some high quality red vein Kratom. It really does help, although I'm not using it right now.

Feel better,
-M

Hey everyone! Still doing great and most importantly, staying CLEAN! I'm still not all there mentally and I have trouble sleeping but I'll gladly take that over withdrawals!

I'm so happy to you. I'm on day 2 night 1. Im a user of 200 to 500mg of dope a day IV for 6 months. I took lope liq hours ago and feel okay with short periods of severe depression and wanting more and the cravings ugh I can't wait for RLS coming 2nd day usually I relapse the 3rd day. I'm hoping to end up clean like you.

I'm so happy to you. I'm on day 2 night 1. Im a user of 200 to 500mg of dope a day IV for 6 months. I took lope liq hours ago and feel okay with short periods of severe depression and wanting more and the cravings ugh I can't wait for RLS coming 2nd day usually I relapse the 3rd day. I'm hoping to end up clean like you.

Keep going! You got this!

For all those who care to know and are still wondering about me, I'm still 100% CLEAN! Have not even had a drink of alcohol to speak of! And enjoying every mknute of it!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a quick update. On my birthday I threw a party and got drunk and ended up relapsing, which led to using every day for about 2 weeks. I know, it was obviously an absolutely dumb decision. I'm going through withdrawals currently and am treating it as my punishment for being so stupid.