Mental Health Trying to put together a nootropic regimen for depression

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
I apologize if this belongs in OD, I figured I'd put it here since my main issue is mental health.

I suffer from moderate depression and I do not have access to any sort of professional. I've been taking nootropic supplements for my anxiety for almost a year now along with meditation and it is noticeably better and much more manageable, so I figured I would tackle this issue firsthand as well.

Some days I feel okay, others I feel as if I have no logical reason to live. I know it is not the ACTUAL logical feeling, but sometimes it's just so severe that no matter what I'm overtaken by it. Sometimes the change occurs at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I have a few days on and a few off.

As of right now I have at my disposal:
GABA 125 mg supplements
Many multivitamins
Fish oil
Magic mushrooms (which I microdose)
Marijuana
Kratom
Ordered some 5-HTP this morning
A gym membership

I hear that it is important to balance supplements dealing with mental health carefully since they can cause imbalances in brain chemicals. What should I add? How and when should I take these?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever experimented with the micro-dosing without kratom or marijuana? I'm curious about the effect of micro-dosing without the other two plnts muddying the water so to speak. With supplements I feel that the best information comes from your own attentive observation. Don't forget diet--diet is probably along with exercise the most powerful medicine we have. As far as contra-indicated supplements I guess carefully reading the fine print is your best bet. Sounds like you have a very proactive plan and a good attitude. Keep us posted as far as how it is going.

Have you ever experimented with the micro-dosing without kratom or marijuana? I'm curious about the effect of micro-dosing without the other two plnts muddying the water so to speak. With supplements I feel that the best information comes from your own attentive observation. Don't forget diet--diet is probably along with exercise the most powerful medicine we have. As far as contra-indicated supplements I guess carefully reading the fine print is your best bet. Sounds like you have a very proactive plan and a good attitude. Keep us posted as far as how it is going.

I've microdosed without Kratom, but I've always been using weed concurrently with the microdose. Microdosing mushrooms have probably made the most noticeable effect out of everything I use. Within a half hour of a .2 - .5g dose my mood is already lifted and all anxiety is blown away. Not only that but I actually feel smarter, as if my brain power is temporarily overclocked.

I'll definitely keep you posted, thanks for your interest :)

hard daily exercise needs to be a part of your life from here out..i know you will be tired and not up for it but lift anyways!

Kratom will definitely work for mood and anxiety but not sustainable...

honestly most of the weed smokers i know seem pretty depressed

ive been trying to find a good nootropic combo for my depression, still coming up short..phenibut helps mood,anxiety, makes you more social and sexual but isnt sustainable long term..

some people claim phenylpiracetam really helps give them energy but even that can only be used once a day without tolerance increase..

my biggest regret is not seeking help witha professional many years ago..im almost 40 and still fighting this low mood!

I'm more than likely going to take a break from weed once I get all my supplements in order. I feel like that will drastically help, plus I'll get rid of my tolerance.

I saw a doctor once who still let me take my psych medications but was big on supplements.
I'm trying to remember what all they were, I know fish oil and magnesium were amongst them as well as B12 for energy.
He also had instructions for a better diet and what time of day to eat what types of food. I can't remember a damn thing about that but it seems like something you could google.

I saw a doctor once who still let me take my psych medications but was big on supplements.
I'm trying to remember what all they were, I know fish oil and magnesium were amongst them as well as B12 for energy.
He also had instructions for a better diet and what time of day to eat what types of food. I can't remember a damn thing about that but it seems like something you could google.

I have just about all of that lying around. My mother is a health nut (don't really know how else to describe her lol) and she has told me a lot of the same thing. Appreciate the reply :)

You might try phenylpiracetam as belfort said. There was a Russian study called "evaluation of the Phenotropil effects on the depression level of the people with Parkinson." The control group who took placebo had 7.5 depression score by Hamilton scale, which remained the same after 30 days of placebo. The second group who took 100mg of phenylpiracetam had 9.25 depression level which lowered down to 6.45 after treatment.