• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Trying To Get Tipsy Or Drunk For The First Time

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Hello, I am a 29 year old male living in the USA (pacific northwest). I've spent most of my life staying away from any kind of substance to make sure I can grow to my full potential.
Now that I feel like I have no more growing to do, I want to experience what common recreational substances people like to dabble with. I've already experienced cigarettes, coffee, opioids (during hospital visits), and kratom.

Yesterday I bought a pack of 16 oz. Miller High Life Beer as a recommendation from people I've asked. I drank a can with food but felt nothing and it tasted very unpleasant to me and overall it wasn't very enjoyable. I've been told I need to chuge it with no food and drink a few more to get a buzz going. Tonight I will be trying 1 can of underwood wine (with food) with my significant other to see if that will do anything.

But I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a better way to get tipsy/buzzed that most people enjoy from drinking. I just want the experience so I can know for myself what it feels like and why it is so popular. What should I try and what would be the best way or fastest method to get at least a little tipsy for the first time in the comfort of my home. Thanks for reading and I hope this thread is appropriate!

Also if this helps:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155lbs.
(I also suffer from crohn's disease *currently under control*)

Hey!

Smart decision to stay away from substances for so long. I wished I would've had the same determination.

On alcohol; yeah, it tastes kind of shit at first. Most people I know, including myself, have shared that sentiment.
Beer is kind of heavy, both taste wise and it makes you feel stuffed/filled up pretty fast. I'd go for a wine as you've written, or some kind of rum.
Rum is sweet compared to say whiskey or tequila, it has high alcohol % so you don't need a lot. If you like Coca Cola, rum & coke is a pretty basic and tasty drink.
Other people swear by Vodka instead, with for example O.J (screwdriver). I can't stand the taste, but it accomplishes the same thing.

If you just wanna get buzzed, I'd do shots. Take a 6ml shot, wait 20-30 minutes, take another. Once you feel the buzz, you can decide whether you want more or not.

However - remember to PACE YOURSELF. It's better to drink too slow. Have a glass of water between each drink/glass of wine/can of beer.
It's no fun at all to get too drunk, vomit and generally make an ass of yourself.

Good luck!

Had a few beers last night and fell asleep sitting on the sofa with the laptop on my lap lol. Only had like 4 Foster's. I don't really drink nowadays so it hits me like a train sometimes.

I would personally recommend a decent quality red wine rather than beer or spirits. If you're not used to drinking, then beer can bloat you up too much which can detract from the experience. Spirits are so strong that although effective, its easy to overdo it.

A nice red wine around 12% abv has a nice sedating effect. Don't chug it and take with food (drinking on an empty stomach is for us hard-core alcoholics).

Try not to enjoy it too much...

I used to think alcoholic beverages tasted terrible, it's an acquired taste. Byut do yourself a favor and get some better beer than High Life, that shit is nasty. Get some nice beer, personally I love a good IPA but whatever your taste is. Beer can be delicious, but High Life is nasty.

Given fall is right around the corner, Octoberfest beers are just being released. These taste great (like caramel) and have a little more alcohol than standard beer which helps get the job done.

I don't really drink anymore due to horrible next day effects even from relatively small amounts of alcohol, but every year around this time I become terribly sad about the fact that I don't drink because I like this style of beer so much.

You should be able to find the Sam Adam's Octoberfest at pretty much any grocery store in the USA and it's pretty good. Great Lakes Oktoberfest is another one I recommend, as well the ones imported from Germany.

I used to think alcoholic beverages tasted terrible, it's an acquired taste. Byut do yourself a favor and get some better beer than High Life, that shit is nasty. Get some nice beer, personally I love a good IPA but whatever your taste is. Beer can be delicious, but High Life is nasty.
Michelob Ultra is an excellent beer for me.

With any new drug there can sometimes be a threshold one has to cross to get proper effects, and thereafter you need less. It’s cuz the body has to learn the effects, for instance my first time smoking weed I had to smoke bowl after bowl to myself until I got tripping high to feel it then after that my tolerance was normal.

-GC

I’ll notice a buzz for I drink 2 beers on an empty stomach in a half hours time.

If I were you I'd drink a cocktail instead, beer is more of an acquired taste and it has a relatively low alcohol content. Pick a classic one like: vodka+orange juice, whiskey/rum+coca cola, gin&tonic, mojito, etc...
Or a nice glass of red wine with food.

Hello, I am a 29 year old male living in the USA (pacific northwest). I've spent most of my life staying away from any kind of substance to make sure I can grow to my full potential.
Now that I feel like I have no more growing to do, I want to experience what common recreational substances people like to dabble with. I've already experienced cigarettes, coffee, opioids (during hospital visits), and kratom.

Yesterday I bought a pack of 16 oz. Miller High Life Beer as a recommendation from people I've asked. I drank a can with food but felt nothing and it tasted very unpleasant to me and overall it wasn't very enjoyable. I've been told I need to chuge it with no food and drink a few more to get a buzz going. Tonight I will be trying 1 can of underwood wine (with food) with my significant other to see if that will do anything.

But I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a better way to get tipsy/buzzed that most people enjoy from drinking. I just want the experience so I can know for myself what it feels like and why it is so popular. What should I try and what would be the best way or fastest method to get at least a little tipsy for the first time in the comfort of my home. Thanks for reading and I hope this thread is appropriate!

Also if this helps:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155lbs.
(I also suffer from crohn's disease *currently under control*)
Drink some hard liquor to get drunk quicker! Vodka Punch is really good! Get a regular drinking glass, fill half with vodka and half with fruit punch…stir drink and repeat!

Don't do it....booze of one of those things....if you enjoy it, you are in trouble. If you waited this long you don't need to get hammered and see if you turn into a monster or not....if you still want to get drunk, forget beer, it's weak. Bottle of vodka, mix with juice of your choice. Cranberry is nice, 30 percent vodka to juice to start with. 6 of those and you will have a start.

Don't do it....booze of one of those things....if you enjoy it, you are in trouble. If you waited this long you don't need to get hammered and see if you turn into a monster or not....if you still want to get drunk, forget beer, it's weak. Bottle of vodka, mix with juice of your choice. Cranberry is nice, 30 percent vodka to juice to start with. 6 of those and you will have a start.
Trust me, dont get on the vodka kick. I've withdrawn from vodka more times than I'd like to admit. Each one is worse than the last. And I'm not kidding when I say its a psychological withdraw just as much as a physical withdraw. I'm sure to head to the ER coming off of vodka because it literally throws me into sheer anxiety and panic attacks where librium saved my ass every time. Drink a strong couple of 5.9% alc beers. I'd much rather do those now than evil vodka! 😉

Trust me, dont get on the vodka kick. I've withdrawn from vodka more times than I'd like to admit. Each one is worse than the last. And I'm not kidding when I say its a psychological withdraw just as much as a physical withdraw. I'm sure to head to the ER coming off of vodka because it literally throws me into sheer anxiety and panic attacks where librium saved my ass every time. Drink a strong couple of 5.9% alc beers. I'd much rather do those now than evil vodka! 😉
I'm 3 years sober from booze. Not a drop, not a drink. I do other stuff...but not the booze. Librium really helps..sorry you struggled too. Vodka or rum. 151. Those were my drinks.