• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

trying to get off valium,need some type of plan

SarcasticCaptain

Greenlighter
i've been on benzos for 5 years now daily,had some side effects I dont like at all,brainfog,fatigue,and no libido on valium,....I recently changed I was trying to get off xanax with ativan..it didnt work out,the ativan had a reaction to certain things I eat and drink,especially when I drunk something with caffeine in it..so i switched to valium..up to 30 mg daily but i usually take just 10mg,when it wears off i have to take another of course..it fucking sucks,i honestly dont know what tf to do.Im dependent on them because I have really bad Social anxiety,and i've tried tapering before with xanax and that didnt go well at all,ended up having a seizure,i was taking 4 mg a day of xanax,usually 2 mg twice a day..but couldnt take it so tryed to get off like I said and failed miserably.Does anyone have some advise for me,I also really on valium for my OCD which is also really bad but dont take SSRI's for it because they fuck with me too much...any advise would be great...

Have you heard of The Ashton Manual? its a comprehensive study on benzos, chapter 2 is dedicated to helping people get off them. read it here.
but you mentioned you've been having seizures which is really serious, you should be on a medically supervised taper in conjunction with the ashton manual as that ca be life-threatening.

good luck man

Have you heard of The Ashton Manual? its a comprehensive study on benzos, chapter 2 is dedicated to helping people get off them. read it here.
but you mentioned you've been having seizures which is really serious, you should be on a medically supervised taper in conjunction with the ashton manual as that ca be life-threatening.

good luck man

just one when tapering off xanax,I was prescribed ativan to get off and that didnt go well so was put on valium,it was the only seizure i've ever had...i was shaking really bad and started to like blackout...with what i had in me reached in my pocket and took the xanax i had stuffed in there..it wasn't a pleasant experience at all..i didn't know what
was happening just knew something was wrong...everything had started to fade out and when the xanax kicked in it all stopped..thats why im so afraid of getting off benzo's because even with the ativan it wasnt enough to help me taper...the seizure was when i had reduced the xanax by .5 and was just on xanax trying to taper myself but felt like something was leading up with the ativan ...because i felt the same shit as when i tryed to taper from xanax without anything ...now on valium.I've taken benzos everyday now for about 5 years coming off's going to to be one of the toughest things im going to go through i know it

I know this is something not many people are a fan of talking about but I wonder if the generic im taking has something to do with it...I know the main argument diazepam is diazepam but I definitely disagree with it..i've taken some that literally have like 0 effect and that shits not placebo,but my main issue now is no libido,fatigue,and brainfog..since its banned talking about it on the forum if someone can "PM ME" if they know if it has anything to do with it...im taking about 30 mg...mostly 20 now but taken it years ago and this didn't happen..im still going trying to come up with a plan to get off and just take in moderation/ just wanted to get some info on this...im aware these are symptom of long term use though..one thing that i will say though is clonazepam definitely didn't have the effects on libido..increased if anything but I couldn't handle it..It fucked me up pretty bad