• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to get back on my subs

Maryjane410

Bluelighter
I'm so ashamed of myself. I went over 2 years with nothing but subs but after a recent breakup i started using heroin again. And since the covid 19 I've only been getting my subs once a month. Well pretty much the whole month i haven't used my subs and been using h daily. Im trying my best to get back on my subs but cant never wait long enough. I cant get my hands in anything else to just help me make it til i can take the subs. Idk what to do. Its been less the 12 hours and im already starting to feel bad. I've only had pwd 1 time and im so scared of it happening again. Whats the soonest after h that would be safe to take a sub? Or just a piece of 1.

OK well, first I just wanna emphasize that I've never been on subuxone. So I'm just going on what I've learned not first hand experience.

But it's my understanding that you should judge by your symptoms rather than a set amount of time for when you start subuxone so as to avoid precipitated withdrawal.

Most doctors use the clinical opioid withdrawal scale. You can Google it and try and gauge how sick you are. I believe you're supposed to score somewhere around 6-10 before you start subuxone.

Once you're sick enough, start with a low dose, such as 2mg, and wait a few hours to see how you feel. That way if you feel worse you'll know you're not in enough withdrawal to start yet without being thrown into full on PW.

If you feel better though, take another 2mg and wait another hour or so. Continue till you're on your full dose again and then you should be reinducted.

Again though, I don't have first hand experience with subuxone. I looked into it when I first looked into opioid substitution therapy, but ultimately I went with methadone instead.

So, you may wanna wait for another opinion to compare with mine.

Either way, I wanna tell you, I know it's hard but try not to get too down on yourself. I'm sure you've heard it before, but relapse is a part of recovery. You're by no means alone in this experience. It's super common for even those of us who've managed to stay away from heroin a long time to have an occasional relapse. It's kinda the nature of the disease.

The important thing is to try and work out why you relapsed so you can try and avoid it happening in future, then just keep moving forward.

Good luck man.

Last edited:
As the above poster suggests, you.should wait.until you're in full withdrawals before taking sub.
It.Can vary wildly between 6 and 36 hours, depending on your habit, active cuts I'm the H and body chemistry.
24 hours and ensuring you feel really sick (search for.COWS opiate withdrawals to help) and start with 0.5mg. Wait an hour.and if you feel better but not 100% or even 80% then try another 1mg.
Normally 3-4mg is enough for most habits. It's better to start low with bupe as the less you take, the more satisfying it is as there's more room on ya receptors for bupes secondary metabolite, mobile which is a full opioid agonist, and feels nicer than regular bupe.
Also try and avoid snorting your doses of possible, but if you do then use less.

Yeah i messed up and took a piece to soon and now in pwd how long does it usually last for ? And will will it be safe to try the subs again?

No. If you have bemzos ride out the pad and wait.until to tomorrow when it.should definitely be safe to.take subs.

No problem. I would wait until it's been over 24 hours since you last did smack.and you're still feeling bad or even worse. Try.and get pregabs or gabapentin and benzodiazepines etc. To help out. Then take 0.5mg bupe and it.should help. Try and stay as low as possible with the bupe.
I dunno what country you're in nut in the.US especially I've heard of 32mg doses which is fuckimg mental!!!

I've never had proper pwd as I've always been too scared of feeling even worse but taking bupe too early. When you wait long enough then it's as good a relief as any opioid

Im in the U.S. Im prescribed 2 8mg a day but since i started messing up i havent been taking it. I wish i never did this to myself i was doing so good. I really cant get ahold of anything right now. Im trying to figure something out so i can be more comfortable.

I've never had proper pwd as I've always been too scared of feeling even worse but taking bupe too early. When you wait long enough then it's as good a relief as any opioid
Yes you are right. When i first went on it had been in wd for a couple days and went right to sleep after getting on the sub. Now im having the hardest time.

It's short lived at least, don't worry too much 😊 u got downers other than opiates?

Man, i do heroin when i get my hands on it, but most of the time i do subs. From my experience, you don't actually have to wait unless you're going from subs to heroin. Other way around i have done subs same day or the next one. However this is just my experience, so don't take it from a fact. There's many funny things about subs, like subuxone naloxonin not even affecting if you shoot it up, they just claim it does because it would be bad to market if it didn't have some kind of system to prevent abuse.