View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying to figure out what exactly happened

drawp

Greenlighter
Okay so yesterday I took a tab of what was assumed to be very clean L.
I was already stoned when I took it and I misplaced the tab then I felt myself swallow it accidentally. It wasn't under my tongue/on my gums for very long so I thought I wouldn't trip. I did but it wasn't a very visual trip, more of just a feeling of the come up and a bunch of paranoia/weird thoughts one has when tripping.
But something else happened and I fell, hit my head, and apparently had a seizure? This had never happened before in my years of tripping. My friends told me I was just dehydrated and hadn't eaten for a while. But right before the incident I had some Mac and cheese(wasn't very much but I thought it would have enough nutrients to keep a seizure away)
Anyways I'm still trying to figure out why the seizure happened, right now I'm thinking it was a combination of the trauma + acid putting my mind in a weird place.
Like my friends said my eyes rolled back and all, which sounds terrifying.
If anyone has had any similar experiences feel free to add to this.

My friend once had a very similar sounding episode on mushrooms. I wasn't there at the time, but apparently he banged his head on a garage door, fell and had a seizure. He had done mushrooms several times before and since too without that happening. But I think psychedelics in general lower the seizure threshold and with a knock to the head, it probably sets you up even more likely to seize.
I wouldn't be too concerned, but I would take care not to trip alone for a while in case it happens again and indeed to make sure your hydrated and well-fed when you do trip.

I would have to agree with the above post. Psychedelics definitely do lower the seizure threshold, even if some like LSD won't generally cause them just for no reason, but it can be seen with more selective 5-HT2A agonists like DOx (to an extent) and 25x-NBOMe chemicals. Everyone will have individual variances in this way as well, so you may have just set it off. Given that you only took one hit and swallowed it almost immediately it's very unlikely that it was a NBOMe that caused it, as that happens from higher doses; it probably was just LSD if you had a good reason to think it was. As professseur said, just try to stay healthy and trip with friends for a little while. If it doesn't happen again, you're probably good to go. You may want to check out your head too if you haven't already just because of that fall and the resultant effects....

Also, just to be sure... you haven't recently been put on lithium supplements have you? These in combination with psychedelics can cause seizures, though they usually drastically intensify the trip as well, which it doesn't sound like your trip was.