• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying shrooms for the first time. Need answers and tips. this friday the 14th.

samdacat_

Greenlighter
Hey guys, names Sam. im 17 years old, female, and i weigh about 150.
this friday me and my best friend are trying shrooms for the first time. we're both gonna eat 2 grams each. we will be in her basement, which i feel completely safe in since i am over there quite a bit. her parents wont bother us, im not worried about that aspect of it at all.
I smoke weed almost daily, sometimes i get paranoid or filled with anxiety but im always able to calm myself down. I suffer from anxiety and i have been hospitalized for it. im sorry if this information is useless but i feel to get a proper answer you guys need proper information.
anywho, like i said i smoke weed regularly. I use to drink quite a bit but now it really isnt my thing. just dont like feeling so stupid.
also, about a year ago i did molly. it was not pure molly, it was MDA or something. after about a week of using molly everyday, my brain was fried and i had a panic attack (my friend held me while i cried and vomited. i could only say the word hospital.) which caused me to freak out even when i smoked/drank. but ive gained control back over smoking, havent touched MDMA since.
my question is what might i feel?
do you think i have a higher chance of freaking out while tripping because of my history?
will i tell any secrets that i want to remain secret?
is it okay if we smoke a bowl or two before?
and if youre wondering my purpose for tripping i would say my first trip i want to figure myself out. since i am young and what not. but i do hope to have some good laughs with my friend.

if anyone could answer these, even throw in some more knowledge on things i didnt ask about, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank ya!
-Samdacat

Well, given that you have some anxiety issues already (though I expect smoking weed has a fair bit to do with that) it probably is more likely to crop up during a trip. I know a lot of people would say it's never a good idea to mix drugs for your first experience, but I'd suggest that you have some benzo's on hand for your trip, given your history of anxiety. Anxiety is a common occurrence for me when coming up on hallucinogens, but when ever I've taken a benzo or two prior to tripping it's never been an issue. Even if you don't want to take them before the trip, just having them to hand can be enough to put your mind at rest knowing that you have the option to abort the trip if shit gets hairy. With that said though, chances are you'll be fine, but as they say: "prepare for the worst but hope for the best".

As for your other questions...
my question is what might i feel? -- Well, it's sort of indescribable, but besides visuals you should expect increased music appreciation, euphoria, giggles and a feeling of tranquillity and oneness with everything. The come up can feel a bit uneasy and can sometimes feel a bit like you're going insane, but if this happens, just remember that it's totally normal and will pass once you've peaked. The mind seems to take a little while to adjust the the effects which makes you feel weird, but once you peak it catches up and the mind quickly adapts so "weird" soon becomes "normal".

will i tell any secrets that i want to remain secret? -- No, I very much doubt it - if anything you may be a bit less open and sociable with others, but more introspective and open with yourself.

is it okay if we smoke a bowl or two before?
-- Sure, smoking weed before and after should be fine but I'd steer clear of it once you start coming up until you start to come down, as weed can potentiate trips somewhat and is a pretty common trigger for anxiety.

Don't add weed to the mix, and like freak said keep a benzo or two handy just in case.
That's a fairly safe starting dose for a first time shroom trip... but don't exceed it.
Also, if you have some anxiety issues coming up try and hold off taking the benzos unless the anxiety is overpowering. You will feel some anxiety on the come-up anyway, it's normal. So don't freak out and kill your trip prematurely.
Have fun.

Have you ever taken any psychedelics at all? Depending on the potency of the mushrooms 2.0g could give you a very intense trip/experience. Just eat 1.5g instead if you decide to take mushrooms.

Given your history of anxiety/panic attacks, and how you've been hospitalized I wouldn't take mushrooms. Or if you do, don't smoke pot with them as some people do get anxiety/panic from herb. Good luck.

i think anyone even without history of anxiety has a chance of freaking out on shrooms if they go unprepared. emotions get very intense and while tripping your mind easily convinces you of the weirdest shit, so a bit of worry can easily become a panic attack.

having benzos on hand would be killer, as if you get too nervous just take them and you'll calm the fuck down, able to enjoy the trip. if you feel confident taking the shrooms i'd go for it. it helps remembering that the effects WILL wear off. shrooms with friends is awesome and i think if you're comfortable enough with your friends around it will even make you feel safer.

one big tip to first timers

your brain may freak out and tell you that you are going to be this way forever, and it may feel like forever

don't fall for it....this is one of the cosmic jokes.......you will come down, you will return to normal

have someone that you can call that knows whats going on so if needed they can tell you "you took a drug and it will end when it is through your system"

If you get a strong trip then it'll intensify your emotions a lot, usually in a good way. Smoking weed will intensify the experience, it's good if you're not feeling it much, but don't try to use weed to calm down, it'll do the opposite. Probably shouldn't be too intense off 2g anyway, but it depends, they vary in strength a lot. The after effects aren't as severe as MDMA, freaking out while you're on it is a little more likely, but you should be totally fine after about 8 hours & 2g should be a small dose unlikely to cause freak outs. If you're in a comfortable place with good friend(s) then it should be fine, might not even feel much off 2g if they're not strong shrooms.

If you're going to have benzos then save them for if you do get bad anxiety during the trip, emergency use only if you can't be talked down, otherwise it'll kill a lot of the best parts.

Last edited:
Well you most likely will see some insight into yourself, but it doesn't mean you will solve anything. Some people are in worse situations than others, but you might find that you are just gonna see some bizarre colors and stuff. Be prepared that it might alter things, like when you look at a star, it might shift a little. I knew that about it, and it didn't bother me. For me it opened up a door that I had multiple personalities, and the person in my body was a programmed person outside of my control for the most part and I'm being serious.

Anxiety , parents , 2g's of shrooms and being confined in a basement , I'm sorry but seems like a bad trip waiting to happen. My advice would be to wait and make your first shroom trip worthwhile , being out in nature and away from parents or at the very least away from parents and at an open crib. Shrooms are a wonderful thing and they've changed my life. My last trip was 2.5 g's in a dark room while my parents were sleeping lead to a very bad trip , havent touched them since , you decide whats best though.

anytime where you will feel confined or are worried about 'acting normal' or having a need to act normal can lead to anxiety IMO. Granted I have been in plenty of situation where once I was in my comfort zone I found that I can do anything, I can talk to anyone kinda vibe take to some very good places, in a good trip positivity can take you very far, but finding a comfort zone in any environment were you have to think about acting normal or being confined is a bad idea. Unless your friends parents are cool hippy types and could care less about drug use of this kind in their house, I recommend you DONOT trip in a confined basement

As Phuckingnuts already said stay away from marijuana for pre trip, come up, and peak, don't touch it till you are way down..... May bring on some slight new visuals at the very end when most have passed

2 grams seems wise, I really say though have a open environment, I know it is getting chilly but Mushrooms are built for NATURE, go camping take some food, pack water and warm gear and work with nature

Terrible idea to do it in a basement for your first time. You'll want to go and explore, or go get juice, or something and then you'll realize you can't leave the basement, then you're trapped, etc etc

well i know that doing shrooms around your parents is a terrible idea for a first time (experienced it first-handedly, terrible trip) but i guess what matters is that OP said she feels confident about not being bothered. furthermore, it's going to be a lower dose and she's gonna be with a friend, which in my experience only makes you feel safer and less likely to freak out, provided she trusts the friend. if OP gets some benzos then it kind of kills the anxiety option.

of course that not being fully free spoils a bit of the trip imo, but you know... organizing the place where you'll trip before helps too. get everything you think you might need where you can reach it easily later when stuff stops making sense

i guess in the end, if you're not scared to try and with good company... why not

This is one of those things where it could go either way (heh, much like a shroom trip). She feels safe in there, but the rents are there too. Hmm...

After glossing over the post again, I think it's okay. If possible, it's better to go out for the day and trip somewhere else. At least where you wouldn't have to worry about not being sober. But the whole basement idea could work too. I'll echo the poster above me about making sure you have all the stuff you need in there, and try to take the shrooms when the rents are sleeping.

Keep yourself busy too, and try to find something to do. For example, this will sound lame, but try reading a magazine while shroomed out. For me, it was super trippy because I could only make out the first letter of a word, and the rest were just jumbled up letters and numbers. It was so alien to me but it kept me entertained for a little while.

Though as a warning, if this is your first time and you have to hide the fact that you're tripping, a bad trip can occur. It's doable, but it's not advisable at the same time. Bad trips can happen real quickly. But then again, they can turn around just as quickly too. You're young, so remember to have fun, keep calm and always remind yourself that the effects are temporary if things get difficult.

Well, with mushrooms you are going to have euphoria most likely, and see a bunch of beautiful visual distortions.

If you've never had hallucinations before you may get panicky, I did my first time.
Had a really really fucking bad trip my first time, but only for maybe 45 min, then I calmed down and it was great.
(Although you are in a far better setting than I)

Smoking pot with it will make you trip harder, but since you have anxiety it will probably make that worse so I'd skip on the pot your first time.

If you can keep in mind that it's just a drug and that you'll be normal in a few hours that should help with the anxiety.

How much do you plan to do?

I'd suggest maybe not taking all you planned to if they are strong, and then taking the rest if you feel like it after you start tripping.

Because mushrooms can vary greatly from really weak to super strong.
Taking one gram of one batch could be like taking 5 of another. So you should ask whomever you got them from how strong they are, what the effects at x amount are, etc.
I think most of the reason I freaked out us because I took way too much fit a first timer.

Terrible idea to do it in a basement for your first time. You'll want to go and explore, or go get juice, or something and then you'll realize you can't leave the basement, then you're trapped, etc etc

I disagree completely.
Basements have been my best trips.

Being outside means you'll probably run in to people or large animals unless it's late night, having a stranger talk to you can be too much for a first timer with anxiety.

IMO being inside chilling will be way better for someone with anxiety.

Yeah, not all parents suck, and basements aren't necessarily dark, gloomy places.. I'd quite happily trip with my or a fair few of my friends' parents. What I certainly wouldn't do and probably would be a recipe for disaster, would be sneakily tripping around my or others' parents without giving them some sort of warning.

Last edited: