• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying meth just once

The liklihood of becoming a meth addict has a lot more to do with perception than reality. Meth is just like any other drug you have taken. Molly is actually more addictive, I think, because it is soooooo much fun! But while the come down from molly really, REALLY sux if you don't have weed, meth doesn't have a come down IF you make sure you 1.) Drink ONLY WATER. Deep Spring Water preferably, and hopefully not tap. Meth raises your body temp, just like molly, but depletes the liquid in your body at a faster rate. I have noticed that most of the threads on here where people had concerns about side effects from meth, were really just displaying signs of dehydration. Unlike molly, you will be so thirsty and still not drink. I know better and I still have to remind my self to drink the water. DO NOT mix with Alcohol, and avoid store bought juices, sports drinks, and teas. All are full of sugar, and all contribute to dehydration.
2.) Don't try it out in public. Remember the first time you did Mushrooms? How it was hard to understand people who weren't on them, like you and your friends were speaking in a different world?? Wellll.... its like the opposite. You are on all the worlds and you know everything about them and you just need to get it all out right now and people might over look your massive pupils, but that kind of scattered fast talking is noticeable, and if it is your first time, you really want to feel safe. If you go out and get sketch, it fucks with you the whole time and then the come down feels like it lasts the whole time.
3.) It is ok to skip food for a bit, but don't go more than 8 hours without it optimally. It is really important to NOT give in to the sugar cravings and instead eat something that will help your body to repair. VEGGIES!
4.) Have something you like to do nearby. Talking is the most fun you have ever had, but having something for your hands to focus on is a good idea just in case. Also, if you are creative AT ALL.... get ready. The ideas never stop coming or slow down, until you do.
5.) Make sure you have the next day off. You are young, but nothing is worse than going into work after an experimental evening awake. Or skip .class. Whichever it is. Either way. A lot of the "come down" is sleep deprivation, coupled with dehydration. So, when it is all over try to control your breathing and sleep It is really hard your first time, and If you can;t that is fine, don't. You will be ok. Just don't make a habit of it. Also, I would recommend snorting it, even tho is hurts like a biatch, over eating it. Eating you lose that JOLT that is part of the point. Take Ibuprofen before snorting and when you are about ready for sleep. If you can't pee or have a headached DRINK MORE WATER. Those are very common symptoms of mild dehydration.
All right, well if you have any other questions, I have answers!
IceQueen247365

Last edited:
The liklihood of becoming a meth addict has a lot more to do with perception than reality. Meth is just like any other drug you have taken. Molly is actually more addictive, I think, because it is soooooo much fun! But while the come down from molly really, REALLY sux if you don't have weed, meth doesn't have a come down IF you make sure you 1.) Drink ONLY WATER. Deep Spring Water preferably, and hopefully not tap. Meth raises your body temp, just like molly, but depletes the liquid in your body at a faster rate. I have noticed that most of the threads on here where people had concerns about side effects from meth, were really just displaying signs of dehydration. Unlike molly, you will be so thirsty and still not drink. I know better and I still have to remind my self to drink the water. DO NOT mix with Alcohol, and avoid store bought juices, sports drinks, and teas. All are full of sugar, and all contribute to dehydration.
2.) Don't try it out in public. Remember the first time you did Mushrooms? How it was hard to understand people who weren't on them, like you and your friends were speaking in a different world?? Wellll.... its like the opposite. You are on all the worlds and you know everything about them and you just need to get it all out right now and people might over look your massive pupils, but that kind of scattered fast talking is noticeable, and if it is your first time, you really want to feel safe. If you go out and get sketch, it fucks with you the whole time and then the come down feels like it lasts the whole time.
3.) It is ok to skip food for a bit, but don't go more than 8 hours without it optimally. It is really important to NOT give in to the sugar cravings and instead eat something that will help your body to repair. VEGGIES!
4.) Have something you like to do nearby. Talking is the most fun you have ever had, but having something for your hands to focus on is a good idea just in case. Also, if you are creative AT ALL.... get ready. The ideas never stop coming or slow down, until you do.
5.) Make sure you have the next day off. You are young, but nothing is worse than going into work after an experimental evening awake. Or skip .class. Whichever it is. Either way. A lot of the "come down" is sleep deprivation, coupled with dehydration. So, when it is all over try to control your breathing and sleep It is really hard your first time, and If you can;t that is fine, don't. You will be ok. Just don't make a habit of it. Also, I would recommend snorting it, even tho is hurts like a biatch, over eating it. Eating you lose that JOLT that is part of the point. Take Ibuprofen before snorting and when you are about ready for sleep. If you can't pee or have a headached DRINK MORE WATER. Those are very common symptoms of mild dehydration.
All right, well if you have any other questions, I have answers!
IceQueen247365
One of the bigger comedowns is bad depression when its wearing off and i didnt see you mention that

Personally, I've never done methamphetamine. But I have done Adderall, Concerta, and cocaine, and stimulants just aren't for me. If you don't have any experience with the basic ones, and if you must try meth, please listen to everyone and start with the low dose. 25mg seems like a very good idea, but either throw the rest out or give it to someone who won't indulge in it with you to hold on to for another time.

Yes, you can always add more if you like the effects, but there's a such thing as adding too much. Some of the general side effects may give you a scare, not to mention the comedown isn't too great IMO. My experience with Adderall just involved talking about anything and everything for hours on end, into the late night. I would play scenarios in my head then laugh about it out loud. My mind raced! Then, I crashed and finally slept for a long time. With Concerta, I had the urge to clean EVERYTHING. Even stuff that was already clean, I'd find a way to make it.. cleaner. I've done cocaine so much more than the former drugs, and it makes my throat so numb sometimes that I can't breathe, but the bursts of energy are amazing. But like I said, stimulants aren't my thing. I love opiates and dissociatives, drugs that you can really FEEL.

Hydration is important. I experienced tachycardia a few times on coke but a few glasses of ice water (as said above, avoid drinks that contain sugar) made me feel a lot better, seemed to bring my heart rate down. It also helps to have a fan on, to stay cool, and be in a comfortable environment with people you trust.

And like always, have access to a phone where you can call for medical attention incase it gets too out of hand. After all, you ARE jumping up the stimulant spectrum.

just wondering Why not tap water justtakethat?

Also pure MDMA had absolutely no comedown for me, more of an afterglow sure you guys had MDMA?

there's a pattern in this thread, and it's that all of the people talking about how exceedingly dangerous meth is are the same ones that have NEVER tried it. c'mon people, if you haven't tried it you probably shouldn't try to sound like an authority about it.

anyways - trying meth is honestly not that big of a deal. no, there is no risk that you will get addicted to it after a single use, the human body biologically doesn't work that way. also, it honestly doesn't really matter that you haven't tried prescription amphetamines before, because - as someone who's used both on multiple occasions - they are EXTREMELY similar experiences(yes, we're basically prescribing our children methamphetamine - fucked up...). no worries about staying away from the rest of the meth that you don't use - you are NOT going to become a fiend just because you've tried it once.

don't get me wrong, BE CAREFUL with ANY substance that you try, as overconfidence and carelessness is THE cause of addiction and overdose. but, as someone who has tried almost everything under the sun, there is not a single substance out there that will hook you on the first try. so with that said, start out with a small dosage, crush it up & snort it, and have some fun! take heed to the previous suggestions of food, water, location, and emergency medical access(I.E., a phone to dial 911).
meth is not this great mythical 'boogeyman' - it is *JUST* a drug!

Everyone who eventually became addicted had a moment when they used their drug of choice for the first time, though.

Otherwise I basically agree with you though.

^ I don't think that's a very solid argument against anything though, because there are more factors at play. Of course you can't really get addicted to something without trying it first.

"Everyone who eventually died had a moment when they were born into this world"?

Meth is a love it or hate it kind of drug IMO. It doesn't "grow on you" like opiates do, people are either into it or they're not. If you're not into strong stimulants than I'd stay away, because you won't have fun. If you take to it than that probably isn't good either, because there's no way that you're just going to do a certain amount of your "stash" and chuck the rest...you're pretty much guaranteed to hover that shit up your nose or get lost in thick white clouds of vapor for days on end. IME.
+1

There are certain pleasures that just are better left alone IMO. Meth is one of them. I love meth and wish I'd never tried it. I haven't done it for years nor was I ever a "tweaker" but I often fantasize about it.

.I'm not sure i understand what you're saying, BD. Obviously someone can't be addicted to something with one use, because addiction would assume some sort of physical and/or psychological need based on former use, and I don't think that can be established with only one session.

But using can establish one damn good memory. That's how it worked with me anyway, when I first started it was kind of a "one off" drug use moment...I didn't even have any sort of stable connection. But the intense high (best high of any drug I've tried) was something I always remembered and that definitely informed my future (problematic) use

I believe it's me who didn't understand what you were trying to say. To me it reads like something obvious, that goes without saying. Like saying that those people who have died, were first born at some point. Like, duh? Sorry if I'm just splitting hairs, nevermind.

Depression is just a dopamine depletion, that is easily remedied with 5 HTP. Also, I have never really had an issue with the depression side of it, I guess because I take the 5 HTP regularly so I didn't think about it. Ive found in the past the depression isn't as bad if you are doing a small amount one time as they said they intended.

Why not tap water? I dont understand

You can for hydration purpose, its just preferable to get Deep Spring Water, which is Exclusion Zone water. This is also referred to as Living Water, or EZ water, and is the same type found in human cells. It holds energy like a battery and delivers it to your cells. But, tap water is just full of heavy metals, no helping that, so any spring water is better than that if EZ isn't available.

For your first time you need about a one inch line to snort, And a pipe to get about 3 to 5 solid hits. The bowl will help supply that good 1 hour shoulder high after euphoria. This was perfect for me and meth was the first upper I ever took. Since it's the first time, I actually recommend doing it on a day you know you're going to stay at the house or somewhere there is no one who will notice your abnormal behavior(everyone is different).
PS if you're trying it is best to be around someone experienced. Js bc a friend of mine who loves his uppers, flipped the fuck out and went to jail his first time. (Sexual harassment).

"Trying meth just once".... There's no such thing. You cannot do it just once, even to try. Go out and look at all the meth addicts. Ask how they started. There answer will most likely be "I just wanted to see what it was like, I was only gonna do it once"

"Trying meth just once".... There's no such thing. You cannot do it just once, even to try. Go out and look at all the meth addicts. Ask how they started. There answer will most likely be "I just wanted to see what it was like, I was only gonna do it once"

Sorry, but that's an illogical thing to say. A lot of people may try meth once, not like the effects and never think about it again; same with practically any drug. Go out and ask homeless alcoholics how they started, you'll get the same answer - and you will for pretty much anything even somewhat addictive if you ask only the addicts how they got to where they are. Nobody tries a drug with the intention to get hopelessly addicted in order to ruin their life. It's like going to a rehab and asking every patient there how they got addicted to their DOC and then concluding that every single of those drugs is hopelessly addictive. While the other 80% of responsible users of same drugs are living more or less stable lives.

Of course, that is not to downplay the HIGH risk for getting addicted to meth, but it's not a "try once and you're hooked" type of thing. Never has and never will be.

Methamp is a helluva drug. Nobody could even come close to accurately advising you on the outcome of your experimentation because it is such a complex issue. Just know you're flirting with danger.

"you're either on Substance D or you've never tried it" ;)

Man, I have not seen THAT film in a very long time.

Also, 5-htp does not remedy dopamine depletion.

I agree deos68, it is just so not worth even trying once. You may hate it, or, unfortunately like it too much. I have seen it take the fittest people down in a matter of months. And, if you like your teeth and skin, just don't. I get my daily dose of greens =D

Don't forget about those bath/epsom salts...

..and could be bathsalts, that shite will make you climb onto your roof looking for ninjas that you believe are infiltrating your household, likely a reason they were left behind.