• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

trying DXM for opiate(kratom) and adderall addiction

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi bluelight!
Some of you might remember my post a few days ago about my current adderall dependance and plan to detox from it. I also think that I'm physically addicted to kratom atm after 1.5 months of daily use. I definitely feel physical and mental discomfort when i take 1-2 days break.

I've been researching adderall and opiate dependance for a long time. I know most of the common remedies for withdrawals and tolerance: magnesium, L-tyrosine, loperamide. What really got me interested was people talking how ketamine/DXM helped them overcome addiction and suppress withdrawals.

I think I'm an anxious person in general, but since last year I overcame almost all my social and general anxiety. I can still get it during certain moments, but I feel like I definitely have more control over my mind now. Last time I smoked weed was about 6 months ago, and I felt some anxiety and paranoia but I could control it much better. I also tried weed with 1mg xanax and felt almost no anxiety, but it sort of killed most of the buzz and I had to smoke much more than usual.

A year ago I thought I would NEVER try any kind of hallucinogens because of my anxious mind and a high possibility of a bad trip. But since I overcame most of my fears, I feel like a trip can actually be an opportunity to overcome my fears even more and "open up my mind". I thought a low(1st plateau) or moderate dose of DXM is worth giving a try. My main purpose of doing it is to expand my mind and try to change my outlook on life and addiction. I heard of people having trips that turned them away from serious opiate addictions through a change in perspective. I would appreciate if any of you could give me your opinion and answer some of my questions :)

TL DR: I'm thinking of trying DXM to change my outlook on life and overcome kratom and adderall addiction. My main concern is anxiety or any other possible mental side effects.

1) How likely am I to become anxious and paranoid on low (or moderate) dose of DXM? I read that DXM stimulation and trippy effects make people anxious. But so far I haven't seem anyone say this about ketamine. People actually say that it helps them with severe depression and anxiety.

2) Will xanax (or any benzo) cancel the trip or stop anxiety?

3) Can I still be functional on low or moderate doses? I know it's gonna be obvious from dilated pupils.

4) Is ketamine better for my purpose since its 'cleaner' and lasts shorter?

5) How euphoric is DXM at different plateaus?

6) Are there any drug interactions I should ABSOLUTELY avoid?

Thank you!

Avoid taking serotonergic drugs with DXM. Also avoid taking other nmda antagonists like PCP or ketamine with DXM

NMDA antagonists, like dxm, are dissociatives. You won't have a trip in the same way you can trip from taking psychadelics like shrooms or lsd.

I personally think ketamine is a safer alternative, but I have no experience using either recreationally.

Hi bluelight!
Some of you might remember my post a few days ago about my current adderall dependance and plan to detox from it. I also think that I'm physically addicted to kratom atm after 1.5 months of daily use. I definitely feel physical and mental discomfort when i take 1-2 days break.

I've been researching adderall and opiate dependance for a long time. I know most of the common remedies for withdrawals and tolerance: magnesium, L-tyrosine, loperamide. What really got me interested was people talking how ketamine/DXM helped them overcome addiction and suppress withdrawals.

I think I'm an anxious person in general, but since last year I overcame almost all my social and general anxiety. I can still get it during certain moments, but I feel like I definitely have more control over my mind now. Last time I smoked weed was about 6 months ago, and I felt some anxiety and paranoia but I could control it much better. I also tried weed with 1mg xanax and felt almost no anxiety, but it sort of killed most of the buzz and I had to smoke much more than usual.

A year ago I thought I would NEVER try any kind of hallucinogens because of my anxious mind and a high possibility of a bad trip. But since I overcame most of my fears, I feel like a trip can actually be an opportunity to overcome my fears even more and "open up my mind". I thought a low(1st plateau) or moderate dose of DXM is worth giving a try. My main purpose of doing it is to expand my mind and try to change my outlook on life and addiction. I heard of people having trips that turned them away from serious opiate addictions through a change in perspective. I would appreciate if any of you could give me your opinion and answer some of my questions :)

TL DR: I'm thinking of trying DXM to change my outlook on life and overcome kratom and adderall addiction. My main concern is anxiety or any other possible mental side effects.

1) How likely am I to become anxious and paranoid on low (or moderate) dose of DXM? I read that DXM stimulation and trippy effects make people anxious. But so far I haven't seem anyone say this about ketamine. People actually say that it helps them with severe depression and anxiety.

2) Will xanax (or any benzo) cancel the trip or stop anxiety?

3) Can I still be functional on low or moderate doses? I know it's gonna be obvious from dilated pupils.

4) Is ketamine better for my purpose since its 'cleaner' and lasts shorter?

5) How euphoric is DXM at different plateaus?

6) Are there any drug interactions I should ABSOLUTELY avoid?

Thank you!

If you are a naturally anxious person, there is a high probability it will indeed cause anxiety at recreational doses. I use dxm a couple times a week at 75mg to combat depression and it gives a nice boost and stimulation, but I cannot go any higher than that due to my anxiety as well.

Benzos will certainly negate the stimulation. To what extent it will negate the effects altogether at a higher dose than 75mg, I can't say with certainty.

As far as how functional you'll be, it all depends on the dose. I could see being completely functional at doses up to 100mg or so, but beyond that it's probably best not to do it at work or during any other activity where you don't want people knowing you're fucked up.

Ketamine is great, if you can get your hands on it and know what you're doing. It's not difficult to OD on ketamine...

At the doses I've used I don't find it euphoric, and it's difficult for me to imagine much euphoria when the anxiety level goes through the roof...

I know many chinese friends who're into ketamine. I'm not sure why its popular in that community but i assume it comes from china. And i didnt know u can od on it easily. Wikipedia says its hard to od and its not fatal

I know many chinese friends who're into ketamine. I'm not sure why its popular in that community but i assume it comes from china. And i didnt know u can od on it easily. Wikipedia says its hard to od and its not fatal

Ketamine is very powerful; it's used as an anesthetic after all. When I say OD, I don't necessarily mean fatal. I had ready access to lots of ketamine for a time in high school, and I put myself in a "k-hole" on several occasions. It didn't take much...