• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying a Tab for First Time (a little anxious)

ddkk1

Greenlighter
So for years I've been eager to try L. I've had mushies a bunch and never really had a bad experience. I just have a little anxiety about going into this one because I've never tried and also because of the duration of the trip. I'm thinking of just trying half a tab to start at home so it's a comfortable environment I know well. Do you have any suggestions? does half a tab sound ok for a first time? Any calming music or background noise you recommend, or movies to watch? Is it unlikely I could have a bad trip on just a half?

Is it unlikely I could have a bad trip on just a half?

At home? Alone? With prior mushroom experience? That's damn unlikely imo, unless they are dosed stupidly strong. Just chill and do what you feel like. Listen to your favorite music with earphones on etc. Maybe go for a walk in the park when you begin to come down. Ideally you'd have some one to share the trip with, because of the duration. but it doesn't matter really. Just enjoy :)

One good thing about LSD imo is it is less mentally straining than mushrooms, hence why many people have had "bad" mushroom trips where their thoughts took a scary turn, usually because psilocybin mushrooms sometimes force you to overanalyze yourself, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but any underlying issues in your life might surface in your head during the trip. LSD is much easier to control as far as the intensity of the negative thoughts about oneself/issues going on in this world.

However, acid has a much longer duration of the trip as you mentioned, often 8+ hours. To cope with the uncomfortable physical feelings/comedown many people get, I have found that my friends and I prefer to take a low dose of a benzo (usually 1 mg of xanax) towards the end of the trip to ease off the acid body high.

You should keep a xanax or valium on hand if you are able to get any, or at least have a few beers (alcohol counteracts the effects of psychedelics nicely) in case your trips turns "bad" or you feel you can't handle it any more, another good reason to have those handy.

Imo I wouldn't recommend taking a half tab because it's unlikely you will full-on trip unless it's a very high dosed tab. Although for harm reduction purposes perhaps that would work best for you.

Remember while you are tripping that it's just a drug, and you are going to stop tripping within a few hours even if those few hours feels like a year to you haha.
You know the deal, you've taken psychedelics before. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Hope you enjoy it!

what are some of the comedown affects for L? For mushies I just feel a little edgy and off for a while like I need to lay down until it passes (usually smoking helps a lot with that).

Smoking helps at the end of a trip (even after the peak) because it makes the exit smoother. You slide back into reality rather than emergency mid warp stop. LSD makes it hard to fall asleep after, if I don't have benzos on hand I just watch a movie or two before I'm ready to sleep.

Don't worry, your situation sounds ideal: safe environment check - starting with reserved dosage rather than hubrous, check!

The duration is in my opinion a trick... how much and how long it messes you up is much more important in my experience - I shit my pants for DMT which lasts about 5 minutes and don't get me started about Salvia, I find mushrooms a bit scary because of sometimes feeling like I lose my mind on it, but with LSD usually I feel mostly fine unless I eat a TON of it. Sure, sometimes it's pretty wild but somehow to me it feels reasonable. Then again, I am a reason sort of guy.

You would be right to be scared of a trip-gone-wrong with a long lasting psychedelic (for me that would be the 24+ hours kind), THEN the concern is so very warranted... but it's not a linear sort of thing. It's more complex.

Just make sure you're not too hung up in one place... move around, explore, have faith that moving from one weird crazy thing to the next will ultimately be benign... it's like a journey but you WILL come home. Your sense might tell you that if you get an "accident" during that journey you won't be able to go anywhere ever again... but actually fear itself is more something to fear / avoid than anything else.

Sometimes I have heavy trips and I fall into one of those traps: I panic or despair, I think: boy I really dun did it this time...:( 8( but what saves me then is realizations of positive thinking... examples:
"Putting trust in yourself means you receive trust from yourself" [you can't go wrong there].... or:
"Make the best of it"

Maybe with mushrooms type psychedelics this is less important because there is a lot of unconscious stuff and feelings at the wheel - you have less control, but you will also come around. I guess with acid it's a bit more lucid and your own responsibility, but generally that is a huge advantage.

For the most part - LSD type substances make me feel deeply amazing in a relatively stable sort of way. :) enjoy

Someone I spoke to that has been taking L for a while said that a half tab or less could potentially induce more anxiety than taking a whole. I'm just wondering if that makes sense to anyone here? Have you experienced that or see that occur?

Someone I spoke to that has been taking L for a while said that a half tab or less could potentially induce more anxiety than taking a whole. I'm just wondering if that makes sense to anyone here? Have you experienced that or see that occur?

when i take LSD, any pre-trip anxiety (really just "jitters") just melts away once i start tripping. unless you have very strong hits, 1/2 hit isn't likely to make you trip. so you may just be left thinking "am i feeling it? is it kicking in?"
also, tolerance kicks in quickly, so re-dosing after one hour is not all that effective.

my advice is to make sure the blotter does not have any strong bitter taste or numbing sensation. if not, it's less likely to be another drug.

I would say go for the entire tab it sounds like you know a little bit about set and setting and you have expierence with mushrooms which in my opinion is way less forgiving then lsd so with that being said have a great trip man!

I have a question if I took a 200 mg tab how many mg would I need 2 days later to achieve the same effect?

200 mg ? You'd still be tripping 2 days later. If you mean 200 ug then 400 maybe 500.

Always an interesting one. I'd side with those who say that if you're sure it's acid then go the whole tab.
It really shouldn't be too overwhelming as you do have experience. One thing i have found helpful if feeling overwhelmed (in conjunction with the other advice) is to say to myself that I'm getting what i paid for. Sounds dumb, but i bought the substance in order to experience what i am feeling; it may seem overwhelming at the time but that will pass and you can then enjoy it.

I once took 300ug of ETH-LAD along with 125ug of ALD52. It's one of the only times I've taken xanax during a trip and i regretted it an hour later. Ride the wave and a gentler one will follow...