• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trouble with ADHD meds

Sinful87

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'm new to this thread. But I am having a problem with adhd meds. I've tried adderall, focalin,ritalin, vyvanse, desoxyn, and currently I am on dextroamphetamine and it makes me jittery and clench my jaw. I'm currently thinking of adding ritalin or adderall. What's your thoughts on that? And might I add desoxyn is not all it's chalked up to be.

in my adhd experience ritalin IR is the best for concentrate and don't get jiterry, at right dosages, but i also take another meds, about vyvanse too much long lasting for me, i like short action ones, but everyone is different just my 0,02.

I live in a country where amphetamine is rarely used for ADHD, so I can't comment on it's medical use. I have used amphetamine recreationally and also noticed uncomfortable side effect that were similar to the ones you complained about.

I agree with konee that ritalin is a very helpful medication and after some time on it you won't feel any side effects anymore. Please let your doctor have a look a your dose, I'm sure this will help you and it's always trial and error with psychiatric medications.
I wouldn't recomment desoxyn as it contains methamphetamine, which is a known neurotoxin and I have no idea why it's still on the market? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine#Neurotoxicity_and_neuroimmune_response