• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trouble With Adderall Prescription

^I read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky whiles on adderall in high school . . in about 2 days on adderall.. without the adderall it would have truly been "crime and punishment" lol

I hope you enjoyed it ;)

Anyways, I suppose I am going to make this thread an epic story of my quest to get treated for ADHD while also being a recovering drug addict. Hopefully, if I am ever successful, it can help somebody out who finds themselves in my position.

I left my fucking ID at my last doctors office (the one who was way too thorough), so I haven't been able to get much done these last couple weeks. The office has been closed. The fuckers are trying to steal my ID!

Because of all of these problems obtaining the prescription that I need to have any success, I have to spend at least another 4 months away from school (it is too late to register now). So, fuck. I'm pissed. And all of these doctor's offices are closed for the holidays, and I'm starting to run low on suboxone.

It's not quite time to panic yet, I am sure I can secure a prescription on a visit to any random doctor, but that is just another $250 down the drain, without much hope of finding the perfect match.

I've considered going to pain clinics that offer suboxone treatment, since they have a reputation for being corrupt down here in Florida, but they are so damn far.

Anyways, I'll update this thread later when I see another doctor.

Once again, any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

my RX suboxone makes no difference when i combine it with adderall, or even benzos (yet they say its very dangerous to mix benzos and suboxone) give me a break, i used to shoot a bundle of dope at a time and pop 5 xanax bars, i think i can do fine with a partial agonist and benzos.
K'dOutAZ- You're right, i would say almost all suboxone doctors dont give a crap about any other medical problem your having except opioid dependency, if you bother asking for something they will tell you probably in an asshole tone "i am your suboxone doctor only, and i will only give you suboxone, you have to see your primary doctor or a psychiatrist for any other medical problem" it's all about money. ANY IDIOT can get on suboxone, you just walk to the appointment, fill out a survery and say ur a bad opiate abuser, and make sure you pop any opioid a day before you go, and blam you got a suboxone script. My Suboxone doctor is really cool Oddly, he isnt in it for the money, i actually see him free thru my insurance, he gave me suboxone for my dependency, helped wean me off benzos and kept me at a low level. if i was in pain or sick, he would give me fioronal for headaches and naproxen, and amoxicillin. at one point he gave me adderall until i could find a psychiatrist to take over his script. my last suboxone doctor was only cool for #2 reasons : didnt monitor urine samples, and told him im hooked on 4mg xanax a day, so e tapered me off of it .5 a week, but i had to pay $100 a week for my xanax fill, and go the whole way ntil m .5 reduction is down all the way, hence them getting more money, sometimes he wouldnt decrease me at a certain week and said "just stay steady there, he dont weanna do this too fast, u can die from withdrawl, which he was exaggerating just to delay me getting off of it to collect money, i found a primary after $100 week too expensive, after that, he was the strict "suboxone only" the office visits were so stupid "hello, everything good? Yes Doctor" "okay see you next month here is your month supply, good day" but thats how most sub docs are! my sub doc now, atleast he has a patient cell phone and will call in emergency suboxone to the pharmacy if i run short, or talk to me, one time he drove 2hrs oyut his way to meet me at a mcdonalds cu i had no ride and was house jumping at the time, he was real cool, took me out for dinner, bought me cigarettes,, gave me my scripts in his car, went to pharmacy with me, paid for my Co-pays, and gave me money for the road, and even offered anything i needed, but i declined, i felt bad. Off topic again i go, but yeah suboxone doctors only RX suboxone, they are to the book, and in it for the money, dont count on any other meds except suboxone and maybe a trazadone for sleep or something...i just happen to have a decent suboxone doctor.

I hope you enjoyed it ;)

Anyways, I suppose I am going to make this thread an epic story of my quest to get treated for ADHD while also being a recovering drug addict. Hopefully, if I am ever successful, it can help somebody out who finds themselves in my position.

I left my fucking ID at my last doctors office (the one who was way too thorough), so I haven't been able to get much done these last couple weeks. The office has been closed. The fuckers are trying to steal my ID!

Because of all of these problems obtaining the prescription that I need to have any success, I have to spend at least another 4 months away from school (it is too late to register now). So, fuck. I'm pissed. And all of these doctor's offices are closed for the holidays, and I'm starting to run low on suboxone.

It's not quite time to panic yet, I am sure I can secure a prescription on a visit to any random doctor, but that is just another $250 down the drain, without much hope of finding the perfect match.

I've considered going to pain clinics that offer suboxone treatment, since they have a reputation for being corrupt down here in Florida, but they are so damn far.

Anyways, I'll update this thread later when I see another doctor.

Once again, any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

you can use anyones ID to refill scripts.

My Suboxone doctor would be damned to write me a prescription for anything other than Suboxone. I was just starting to get the flu when I had an appointment with him and asked if he could help out since I was seeing him anyway and the first thing he said was "go see your primary" and I told him I had no primary and he followed by "go to the emergency to get checked out". I'll never ask him again for something.

When he begun forcing me to taper me from 4mg of Klonopin he offered me a one month prescription of Librium and expected me to be off them when it was finished. Dumb.

Well, I saw a new Suboxone doctor yesterday and...

He gave me my fucking Adderall! Starting on it early this morning in order to finish my reading (I've already taken 15 miligrams, once my nose clears up I will probably get up to 45-60mg and then get going).

I didn't catch any shit about it either, I was honest about all relapses and my drug abuse history, and he seems like a genuinely caring doctor who doesn't condescend me for being an addict. He took my word, and I thank him for it. And he has a sense of humor, made me crack the fuck up a couple times. Finally I got a Suboxone doctor I can relate to.

Its a crazy costly game w

These drug dealers are playing ...... I mean Drs are playing. I am replying to your comment not because this is news to you I'm sure ( you came across street smart to me ) rather w some advice on how to play it better than them is what I'd recommend you or anyone in your or my position . You unfortunately have to pay sometimes unless u luck out and have insurance. From a kind Dr accepting new patients. But hanging there the phone and internet are allies in the fight . Zocdoc.com (find another perscriber). Google Cash Paying Patients . All dealers love cash. Hate cuffing love cash tho:)
U mentioned going back to school and that's the way to do it . When I was in school it was super simple to get my prescription of aderall and benzos and perks .The horse sized ones , member those ? Yeah I know who wants to remember that poison.My point is that as early as the 2000's hit it wasn't uncommon to get that script from a PCP to ur DENTIST ( The perks) .....
Not one of those Drug dealers I mean Drs (forgive me) thought to start a movement that this drug once introduced and abused especially by young kids .....in school.... like me........ would probably get out of control. If I only made that hypothesis could I have helped start a movement so that I wouldn't have to attend countless friends funerals. Two in my immediate family . ALL taken too soon to become what? A statistic? Really!
This is what drove me to want to show up for life . EVERYDAY! Only nodding when I'm in bed .
Of course i live, work and study around both legal and illegal dealers;) but neither will catch me w my guard down.Only the 1% get the get out of jail card . I'm not in that group. So I'll pay the 200 buck TO TJE Dealer I mean Dr who will not accept the poor people s insurance s for my wanted meds . Obviously the perks had become e SUBOXONE. The price never changed but what I wanted and needed did .So Aderall Kali no pin are what I've surrendered to and thus far need or want . But the SUBOXONE I've finally kicked that poison. Yet it's I still have to pick I up w the other meds . The price never changed. Which got me thinking on maybe I should find a school so I could be a DOCTOR ,Like part time . Just think of all the people wanting and just needing a break to get clean . Maybe suboxoe is the correct medication. Question for the teachers . My faith in god , in life , my friends, family, dogs and myself is worth LIVING.

I wish you all the best will say a prayer for you and hang in there a door always opens . Just find it. I know it sucks sometime but it could be worse. GOD SPEED to u ur famikybfriends and all u love GODSPEED!

With respect ,

- A never was and never will be Addict bit rather another Human BEING.

I hope this is in the right forum, but it looks like it.
. They have to me :) but my faith in god , in life and in myself is just as worthy of LIVING. For a while I had o e of those t
The short story is that I am both ADHD and on Suboxone. My old Suboxone doctor decided to take me off of Adderall on a whim that I was high for a visit (I was not). Since then, I have been looking for doctors who are willing to accept the fact that I can be a former junkie and not get addicted to Adderall. Most have stereotyped me as a manipulative junkie and refuse to treat my ADHD with the one thing that has worked for it. Others have tried to give me these full battery tests that cost $1200, which I cannot afford.

I am not looking to abuse my Adderall, which is why I hope this is not against any guidelines.

Has anybody here been in the same position? I am planning to go back to school again for the first time in years and I need Adderall to function in the classroom. It is not a matter of want.

Anyways, just looking for advice on the matter, not being able to finish the book I am currently reading and being stuck in place without being treated is killing me inside, and I am a long way from being off my Suboxone.

I wouldn't label my self an addict when trying to reason w Drs . They are the smartest people on the planet. I'd for sure plea to b whelmed off the Addie's first . Is that even legal? It might be but I wish u the best . Be well and take care

It's been my experience that sooner or later something happens that prevents you from getting your scripts. Except for blood pressure and thyroid meds I'm done with doctors for now. I'm not saying any of you did, but I have a long history of trying to manipulate doctors. It seems like it's something I can't not do, even subconsciously. Sometimes I bring my wife with me to make sure I'm not doing it.

The medical landscape is changing fast. I think doctors that wouldn't bat an eye writing something 5 or 10 years ago have definitely changed their behavior. Like this even needs to be said it's so obvious. I would not advise doctor shopping because I believe this database they have nowadays is almost airtight.

I hope everything works out for you.