• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble Peeing on Opiates: Urinary retention issues Q&A Megathread

1. Sit down and try to squeeze it out. It may take half a hour, but you'll eventually get to a stopping point (totally giving up / finally pissing).

2. If unsuccessful, get up and stand for 5 - 10 seconds.

3. Sit back down and give it a minute, don't force it. Some reflex will kick in and the flow will start. Repeat this step a few times if necessary.

It's worked for me the past the few times I've run into this problem. I can't guarantee that it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

I was under the impression that Urinary retention on Opiates is a sign that your Kidneys are struggling..

I always get it whenever I do any Opiate.

The way it was explained to me, if you can't empty your bladder, the backpressure puts strain on your kidneys.

I always get this. It usually lets up a couple of hours past the peak of the high. If it's several hours post-dose and you still can't pee you should cut the dose down. Try to relax your abdomen, don't strain, and be patient. I usually have to stand there for 10 min at least.

I already started tappering because I want to stop using that chemical that cause me a lot of side effect.

I actually sit down most of the time when I pee, sometime its better when I sit down, some time its better when I stand up.

I have difficulty urinate if its not urgent, is that cause by the same reason we get constipation from opioids?
Is there anyway to deal with it, its really annoying.

As said above opioids cause constipation by slowing down the bowels this allows for more time
for water to be absorbed. This could be related to your urine retention. Usually it goes away after a week or 2 call your doctor if it doesn't go away or gets worse

I have the same problem all the time. Turning on the taps helps, as does turning off the lights, for some reason. Dunno why.

Shaving cream, anyone?? :p All jokes aside, yeah....common, sucks. Don't know the mechanism, personally.

Sitting down helps for a lot of people including me have fickle bladders if im nervous or in awkward situation I cannot go for the life of me it doesn't matter if I drank 5 Glasses of water in twenty minutes being on a diuretic it still won't come. This can be a bad problem if I can't go again for a very long time after drinking those 5 glasses of water.

it's not for the same reason you get constipated you get constipated because you have opiate receptors in your intestines it's harder to piss because of the relaxation of muscles it causes

I got left at red I SIT DOWN TP PISS AND PUSH, OR RELAX AND LET IT COME OUT. SOMETIMES A SHOWR WORKS AS WATER RUNNING DOWN MY BODY HELPS, SOMETIMNES I GO TO MY SINK, SPLASH WATER ON MY DICK, ONE HAND UNDER THE HOT WATER, PUSH AND PISS, IT TAKES ALOT OF CALM THINKING AND PUSHING, BUT IT HELPS, TAKE UR TIME AND THINK CALMING THOUGHTS,. I KNPW ITS A BITCH. EVEN WHEN I WAS SOBER I USED TO GET DRUG TESTED SUPERVISED, AND HAD SHY BLADDER, AND POPPED BLOOD VESSELS IN MY EYES BY PUSHING SO HARD, YHE IDIOTS THOUGHT I NEEDED TO DRINK MORE WATER, BUT I EXPLAINED I CANT PISS WITH SOMEONE LOOKING AT MY COCK, PLUD IF I DRINK MORE WATER, MY BLADDER WILL BE FULL AND MORE PAINFUL TO WANT TO PISS, AND HARDER..........OPIATES DO THIS. DONT NPUSH TOO HARD, THINK CALM THOUGHTS, WATER HELPS@! WARM SHOWER ETC

I used to suffer from not being able to piss when I was addicted to heroin.
It would take me so long to go that I took to sitting down when I needed a piss as when standing I would be just stood for ages with nothing happening.
I found that if I sat down and kept my back straight and then started to do some deep breathing exercises that would help me be able to finally piss as the deep breathing helped my body to relax.

Sitting down helps for a lot of people including me have fickle bladders if im nervous or in awkward situation I cannot go for the life of me it doesn't matter if I drank 5 Glasses of water in twenty minutes being on a diuretic it still won't come. This can be a bad problem if I can't go again for a very long time after drinking those 5 glasses of water.

it's not for the same reason you get constipated you get constipated because you have opiate receptors in your intestines it's harder to piss because of the relaxation of muscles it causes
Oh the old shy bladder... I've suffered with this for many years :|

increasing potassium intake via a supplement or fruit can help with this... .

hold your hand under some warm water then leave the faucet on to listen to.

I read somewhere that constipation itself cause urinary retention and that make total sense because when I have my bowel movement the days after I dont suffer urinary retention much.

Peeing on heroin-- your personal secret weapon!

What are some personal tips/tricks/home remedies you guys do to pee while on heroin??

The only thing I could do was just to sit down on the toilet and do some deep breathing and wait for the piss to come out.
I found if I tried to pee standing up that I could be there for 15mins waiting for something to happen so may as well sit down and make myself comfortable.

When i saw the title ofthis thread i thought you were going to suggest we all start peeing on our heroin as some kind of purification process or something, lol.

Merging with urinary retention thread.

You will find more than enough answers in there to hopefully help you with your problem.

Splash warm water on your dick. It works.

It does help me a lot but even this along with other traditional tips likely to be found in this megathread, sometimes I literally just cannot pee no matter what. I don't like to go to sleep feeling like this because I feel like I'll wet the bed in my sleep. Fortunately every time it's this bad by the time morning comes around and I wake up often times I STILL can barely pee so I don't think it could happen in my sleep if I couldn't get it out at all the night before.