• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trips not the same as my first one - Down to LSD quality, or 'losing the magic'?

Firth

Bluelighter
I first tried acid a good few months back now (must have been early summer), I decided to ignore the advice of one small dose for the first time and jumped straight in at the deep end, purchasing what was advertised to be around 200ug, it seemed expensive compared to the rest of the acid on the market, but vendor reviews indicated that the quality was absolutely fantastic and LSD very clean.

The trip was good, it didn't turn bad once, and it made me super creative.

Since then, I have been using a different vendor to save money, the acid is advertised as being cheaper, however when I use it (1 month apart minimum) I just don't get the creativeness that I did on my first trip and sometimes get anxious; the body high the first time felt a fair bit nicer; too, I was able to let go comfortably. Everything else is good, I get all of the other effects I find enjoyable; visual stimuli, lots of appreciation for music, a chilled out feeling most of the time.

So, is this likely to be down to me, or the acid? I've been thinking that I should invest the extra couple of £ for acid that is said to be 'clean'.

Poorer quality acid can come with a little nastier body load imo but this is debatable. Could be the mindset, or the lower dose. the first time trying anything is often always best though.

Unfortunately, you can't just have your ideal trip by command. It could very well be the quality of the acid you've been getting. It may also just be that the novelty of that initial trip is now gone.

I think part of it is the novelty and how much you inspire yourself to reap maximum benefit from the trip... and about superior vs inferior trips - I used to be sensitive to the whole LSD quality discussion, but after some time I believe it is very likely that the reviews / reputation of the acid alone influence us enough to hugely 'color' the trip. If I were you I would forget about LSD quality having any significant meaning, and that only potency counts - and that what determines your trip is trust / faith in your acid and preparing a most excellent set and setting.

LSD is incredibly dose dependent - hitting the sweet spot takes a lot of experimentation/luck. Moving to a different batch usually means you're getting a different dose which affects the trip. I don't think it pays to worry about the "quality" of the LSD. Just concentrate on getting the dose right.

One thing to try is splitting your dose in two and taking it 30 mins apart rather than dropping it all at once. Turns the character of the trip much more into an Ecstasy body-high feel.

Bingo Solipsis

I feel strongly about Set & Setting and 250 plus ug, Faith in the product & your expectations...

Now what do you think about; LSD crystal memory, and the intent absorbed by the LSD, by the maker and handlers...
I give my paper an intent before I take it... that's my ritual