View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trippy Party!

an0n_m0n

Greenlighter
So, as finals week draws to a close, and I'm getting ready to head home, I've been planning a trippy party.

My parents are going out of town Memorial Day weekend, and while they are pretty cool about me smoking pot and doing psychedelics, most of my experiences tripping balls around my parents have been... awkward.

Anyway, I'm having around six friends come over, and we're chilling on the beach (my parents' house is on a lake). We're going to have a big ass bonfire, and the more experienced among us are taking three hits of acid and two to three grams of mushrooms. I have two first time trippers coming, one kid I've known since grade school and his brother (I'm only giving them three grams of shrooms each), and a possible third person that I'd only give one hit of acid and no more than two grams of mushrooms to.

Additionally, I'm picking up ten grams to a half 0 of some high-grade-choke-your-ass-off dankity-dank.

Anyway, I was looking for advice on some trippy party decorations we could put up. Namely, I'd like to see if anyone has any suggestions on the brightest brand of glow sticks I could order from the interweb, and other ideas for trippy things I could put around the beach. One idea I had was taking those LED lights you put in balloons, putting them in balloons, tying them to bricks and dropping them off the shore so they'd sit maybe three or four feet under the surface.

I'd also like to ask for input on trippy activities we can do when semi sober(ish), and general ideas for the night. =D

I wouldn't recommend combining shrooms and acid. Stick to one or the other, they don't play nice together. The trip can be very chaotic and it makes it very hard to think or talk to others in a coherent way. Just take a higher dose of acid or mushies by themselves, adding the two together isn't going to change anything about the experience... they're both very typical psychedelics that share most of their effects.

Coleman glowsticks have always worked great for me, they're pretty serious camping ones. Very bright and VERY trippy. Tie some on strings and practice poi for a few weeks before the trip, if you get good at all you'll be able to blow all your friends minds ;) Other than that, I'd also recommend those foam light up toys. They're usually 12-18 inches and have LED lights inside.. the multicolored ones have several modes and are MUCH better than glowsticks. You can get a dozen for like $10, so get like 3 dozen and put them EVERYWHERE lol

Also, have your wood ready for a fire BEFORE you dose. Hatchets and psychedelics are a bad idea, always.

Thanks man! Honestly, the first time I did acid, I did two hits and a gram of shrooms (I took one hit, and took the second two hours later, then at some shrooms at the peak). I've never had an issue combining the two, but I have heard of people having issues. I've done it several times, tripped freaking face and had a great time. Of course I don't all of it at the same time. I'll probably take all of the acid at one, eat a gram of shrooms three hours in, another gram an hour or two after that, and see how I feel about the third one later.

I've done the two a few times as well and it was usually pretty disorienting for myself.. it was always a good time, but I feel you can get much more out of either trip alone than you can combined. You're right though, you'll certainly "trip freaking face", lol. That was the problem most times though, I was tripping so hard I couldn't really decipher one thought from the next.... it just became a blob of psychedelic, compared to LSD + MDMA or something else that has substantial differences where you get the best of both worlds. Since the best of both worlds of LSD and mushrooms are so close, they really "fight" for control of the trip instead of working together. That's just my feelings on the subject though, i'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't be afraid of having some friends on mushrooms and some on acid, either. I've thrown parties where everyone was on a different psychedelic and all the trips seem to go exactly in the same direction. There's something to be said about the group mentality affecting people's thoughts, just take a look at a "contact high".

For activities, it's harder to say. I'm usually the one throwing these types of parties but I always just end up DJing for hours while my friends talk or play with the trippy stuff I have set out lol. Most of the time, planned activities will end up seeming trivial or boring anyway.. it's usually better to just go with the flow and let the night take it's course.

Do make sure to have everything you'll need on hand - Food, water, weed. The rest should just come naturally.

Right on man. Several of my friends DJ, so we're all bringing our gear, I mostly do some drum stuff (not really trap, but just jamming with my mandala pads and an electronic bass pedal) and two my other friends do electronic stuff with synthesizers and whatnot too, so we were planning on seeing if we couldn't make magic happen jamming together, haha. Other than that, swimming and general tripping. I'm fucking jacked though.

Get different colored glowsticks and poke holes in them and sray them all over the place...don't get any in your eyes though.
the glow bracelets or necklaces work well...just activate, cut off one end and twirl in a circle over your head.

I personally enjoyed combining mushrooms with acid at low dosages. IMO they level each other out nicely. Weed thrown on top of that will surely put an exclamation point on the experience ;)

Make sure you will not interfere with anyone around too much though - neighbours, bypassers etc...Avoid any unwelcome attention as much as possible.

I do sound old, lol.

We'll be well away from any other people. The nearest houses are on the other side of the lake from my family's ground (about 400 yards), I have neighbors that like to watch every detail that goes on down at the beach, but they won't interfere and mostly just want to live vicariously. I used to have huge parties there back in high school and never got busted. I've been contemplating dose a bit more, and I'm considering rolling with less shrooms. I did the highest dose I've ever done last weekend (a little over 5 grams), and I think I might just do two grams, but I'm not totally sure on that. My best friend still wants to go balls to the walls, but I know he can handle it, and he's paying for his own dose, so I won't stop him.

As far as spraying glow sticks everywhere, I don't want to pollute the area. I would be particularly concerned about harming the fish. I think I'm getting a few glow sticks, but those LED foam batons Folley mentioned seem ideal. I'd probably just plant them in the sand. I also found a beach ball that you put a glow stick in the center on.

This many people all tripping on a beach with a bonfire and a large body of water with first timers sounds like a recipe for disaster. Do you have a trip sitter planned? Maybe someone that's cool with just chilling sober or just smoking weed or somthing light?

I'm not worried about a babysitter. Considering that everyone but two people has dozens of trips under our belts and the two first timers are seasoned outdoorsmen, I don't think fire and water are too big a concern. Haha, all we ever do in my home town is get fucked up, have bonfires, and go swimming :) If I can think of anyone to babysit, we'll have someone babysit, but I can't immediately think of anyone that would be willing.

Damn this sounds like a hell of a time. Make sure all the newbie trippers have the right mindset going into the trip - they should know the basics about tripping and that it has a ton to do with your initial mindset and what not (especially since they may be starting out on 3g, which IMO is a slightly large dose for first timers)

The last thing you want is a bunch of your close friends having a bad trip and freaking out at your party

I always used to start newbies out at a small dose, but in my experience with events like this, three grams works okay for newbies. If you go in with the mindset that a bad trip is more or less impossible, once your ego dissolves, there's nothing in the way of a fantastic time. I've already told them to do plenty of research and how much they take is totally up to them, three being one hundred percent the maximum. I for sure won't let them do all three at once. Two grams to start and a gram a few hours later if they're still up to it.