• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping with a friend new to pyschs tonight, advice?

DOJOLOACH

Greenlighter
I will be doing twice my usual dose (2 hits instead of 1), 1 hit is around 105ug accurately dosed. I am going to have my pal do one hit. We will be tripping inside with a nearby nature area, I explored it before though on acid so I might find somewhere different. Any advice on how I can help my friend out if he starts to get in a bad cycle? If he realizes there are things he doesn't like about himself as a person should I tell him to accept it as positive that he is realizing these things? Was also gonna go get a bunch of glowsticks.
We are both about to graduate and be on our own in life and he wants to trip to find out who he really is. I've told him this is a substance you need to respect just like other drugs and is not something to be abused

Last edited:
Just be careful (Most important), pack snacks and water, no phones (unless there are extenuating circumstances(then again if you have extenuating circumstances you probably shouldn't be tripping)) and (second most important) have fun

My friend is freaking out bad time. crying on the floor, i have told him everything is ok and that he will be fine in the morning. In his best interests what should I do? I have given him two sleeping pills and some anti-anxiety medicine in the mean time (he requested the benzo and sleepaid) I know it will dull his experience to calm him down but i don't know what else to do.

dropped the acid 4 hours ago. I've hit my peak and am coming down

Wow sounds like a scary situation, I feel you need to stay awake and keep an eye on him till he starts to come round but obviously if either of you deteriorate in a physical manor you need to get to hospital.
Sounds like a good idea to read the links that Negi posted a few comments up.
I feel like you need someone to tell you that you will be ok too. Im guessing you are not knew to this experience so if something was not quite right you would be able to tell so Just try and keep calm and hopefully it will begin to feel less intense..

let let us know how you are getting on

Ok we are both in my room, i previously took him outside to tryand get him into nature but he wanted to stay inside. he said he felt safe there. i could not get it through his head that we were going on a hike to be in a secluded area. so im just hanging with him. im definitely coming down. Will read the links above. I feel it will be too little too late at this point. The room we are in is my bedroom and we were loving the vibes earlier, i don't know what happened.

I'm really bummed I couldn't find a way to help him out.

Calming music and maybe some stretching to get him out of his mind and into his body again ?

edit: any follow-up ?

Last edited:
Yeah i got him to calm down. such a bummer, I can't believe how badly the situation turned. He didn't want to leave my room. I had tripped previously before and had a bad time so I went outside on a walk in secluded area and everything was beautiful. I couldn't get it through his head that he was going to be ok. He laid on the ground of my room (where he would sleep for the night) crying for an hour until the sleeping pills and xanax knocked him out. He eventually came to it and realized everything was ok. I just wish I could've communicated to him that the outside was better. It was a very nice night out and just the outside air made me feel refreshed, personally.

Before we had tripped I told him weeks prior that he needed to research the drug, read trip reports so he had a general idea of what would happen to his mind and body. I told him it wasn't a "lets go get really fucked up drug" such as alcohol, weed, etc. He did not. Now that he understands pscyhadelics better he said he may trip after graduation in a few months but I am definitely not going to offer him anything. I think he has a lot of things that he learned about himself as a person and he didn't like it.

Personally, I thought we were about to go on a nice little walk/adventure through nature but got bummed out when he didn't like it or feel comfortable. It was kind of like getting to the top of the lift of a roller coaster but then not going down. I know yearn to go trip again on an nature walk, but i'll probably do that with some buddies into shrooms.

Having said all that, the first 4 hours of the trip was nice for him and me too, it was nice tripping with someone, especially a good friend. he was just laying on the floor enjoying the music and visuals, I bought some glowsticks (he previously didn't understand why) and they amazed him and myself. I wanted to go outside but didn't want to leave him, I'm glad I didn't because he could be dead right now.

Last edited: