View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Tripping while on AP's

Drug_Head

Bluelighter
Which AP-drugs would I be able to trip on, (apart from abilify) while being on the medication?

I've had great success tripping on invega. Not that invega is good, but I can trip face on acid, shrooms, mdma. K. Coke isn't as speedy and stimulants in general don't work on invega like coffee. Addy was kind of weak. But coke still is euphoric if it's good enough. Cannabis is my go to and that works all the time.

Antipsychotics tend to produce more side effects than finding any one benefit. So a psychedelic, it's quite nice.

I've had great success tripping on invega. Not that invega is good, but I can trip face on acid, shrooms, mdma. K. Coke isn't as speedy and stimulants in general don't work on invega like coffee. Addy was kind of weak. But coke still is euphoric if it's good enough. Cannabis is my go to and that works all the time.

Antipsychotics tend to produce more side effects than finding any one benefit. So a psychedelic, it's quite nice.
Ok. Did you have to up the dose of acid, compared to not being an anti-psychotic?

No. I could feel it at 133ug. The others were dosed at 250ug or higher and those were strong. Maybe a little more, but I've also had times where I felt i was losing my shit.
Ok. Did you have to up the dose of acid, compared to not being an anti-psychotic?
I took acid twice in college my first two times and the second time was an out of this world experience. But then 10 years later I started taking acid again and by this time I was on invega sustenna. It works. but maybe not for everyone.

Ok. Anyone with the same, or similar experiences, who can confirm too, that they also, have successfully tripped while being on invega?

Last edited:
And how about xeplion?
Also, will acid under any circumstance, work, despite of me currently being on zyphadera? Will a high enough dose work at all?

Last edited:
What exactly is your end game here? Request your doctor to change your to a particular drug, by name, so you can trip? It doesn't really work like that.

I said this in the other thread: typical neuroleptics are a diverse group of drugs and as a group are not as antiserotonergic (some/many not at all.) Atypical neuroleptics tend to be very antiserotonergic, even more than they are antidopaminergic. Taking something with less 5HT blockade might theoretically make it easier to trip, but I can tell you right now you won't like those drugs and their D2 blockade would likely muffle, or muddle, or both, your trip anyway. Not to mention your doctor won't prescribe them to begin with, especially if you're being treated for bipolar. They're just not first line treatments.

To those who mentioned tripping on Invega, @ions that's very curious, I'd expect the same effect as risperidone. Anyone experienced both and can compare?

Regardless, don't stop your meds. It's just a bad idea all around. See my very long post in the other thread about this if you like.

Last edited:
The thing is that I am currently on Zyphadera (a heavy AP) and want a milder drug, and am also just wondering if I can trip on a milder AP (since I enjoy tripping a lot.)

Last edited:
Meaning that I AM going to take some kind of psychedelic again, even though I've being medicated... just not sure which drug to choose, because of bad side effects, and wanting to be able to trip again, on some form of milder AP.

Invega takes some time adjusting to the first shot. And there is significant weight gain and side effects. But I'm able to trip on it. Not everybody is though. You can still operate at like 50% on invega and you get better as time goes on. But really, there's no need for these APs other than to make psychiatrists money.

Ok. maybe I'll get my doctor to switch...
But, seriously, have no one here been able to trip while being on zypahrera?

Last edited:
Invega takes some time adjusting to the first shot. And there is significant weight gain and side effects. But I'm able to trip on it. Not everybody is though. You can still operate at like 50% on invega and you get better as time goes on. But really, there's no need for these APs other than to make psychiatrists money.
Yes there is a need for antipsychotic drugs. If my friends had taken them, they would not have killed themselves while in a psychotic state/episode.

If you are schizophrenic, schizoaffective, bipolar, manic, etc. you should not be taking psychedelic drugs, or stopping your medications.

Cannabis is much more benign than APs.
Yes there is a need for antipsychotic drugs. If my friends had taken them, they would not have killed themselves while in a psychotic state/episode.

If you are schizophrenic, schizoaffective, bipolar, manic, etc. you should not be taking psychedelic drugs, or stopping your medications.
Cannabis brought me out of the AP depression when I found it again. I've explained my feelings before on this. Psychiatry does more harm than good.

this would suggest that it will interfere with psychedelic drugs.
I understand that will interfere with a trip, but will it hinder me in tripping alltogether? Will I not be able to trip at all, no matter what dosage of acid I take? Like say, I take 1500micrograms? I find it kinda hard to believe...

Last edited:
I understand that will interfere with a trip, but will it hinder me in tripping alltogether? Will I not be able to trip at all, no matter what dosage of acid I take? Like say, I take 1500micrograms? I find it kinda hard to believe...
OK;
lets check on binding affinities,
hmm...
Olanzapine - 5HT3 (Ki=57 nM) - the high number means moderate bonding
LSD can affect 5-HT1A (Ki=1.1nM), 5-HT2A (Ki=2.9nM), 5-HT2B (Ki=4.9nM), 5-HT2C (Ki=23nM), 5-HT5A (Ki=9nM [in cloned rat tissues]), and 5-HT6 receptors (Ki=2.3nM) - the low K-numbers are stronger binding.

this would indicate no direct interference, however, the 5HT interactions are not necessarily additive, the O action at 5HT3 might modulate the L bindings but it seems not superficially

definitely try one first, do not go for 15 tabs, better yet try 1/4 tab 25 mics and see if you can feel something, then titrate up,

Having already tried 500micrograms, with not much success, I'd gladly try half to a whole strip of acid just as long as I can trip on this horrible drug...

Last edited: