• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping when 20.

it depends more on your state of mind (are you prone to depression, anxiousness...) and maturity, i took my first LSD trip at 18 and i was too young.... i'm 22 now and have a fair experience with psychs, and i think its really something you should do when YOU decide the time is right...

and yes, tripping with good friends is much more fun than alone... maybe start with mushies, then LSD

I only recommend mushrooms as opposed to say LSD (provided that 2C-B or maybe 2C-C or 2C-D aren't available) simply because you can know how much you're doing. I.e. you can't take a tab of LSD and know it's not a 100-200mic hit whereas you can know you're doing 2g of shrooms. If I had taken 3.5g of mush as my first psych I would have had a terrible experience. High dose shrooms is like a bus; it runs you over, takes you along and doesn't stop no matter how much you ask the busdriver to slow down. I took 3.5g staggered and experienced incredible euphoria, manageable hallucinations, and not too intense psychological effects. I was always in control and wasn't literally trying to smash my body through a brick wall in order to become part of the infinite as I was on a more intense mush trip.

Many of us have started far younger....

I was 16 when i first tried acid, and it was one of the most beautiful and life changing experiences of my life. That trip very well may have saved my life.

I believe its far more in your level of mental maturity rather than physical age.

My advice is to get on erowid, and read about the various psychs your interested in....

I don't consider MDMA to be a true psychedelic, although a drug very much worth trying at some point.

If your looking for something that is going to be easy on the mind and the body, my highest reccomendation goes out to 2c-b if you can find it. its a wonderfully colorful psychedelic, warm in nature, gentle on the body without any heavy amount of mindfuck. While being a psych, it also has qualities of the MDxx drugs, such as tactile sesations becoming more intense, and highly social... I reccomend doseing orally or plugging, the dose can be halfed by snorting but you do not want that kind of pain to be the beginning of your first trip....

The first psychs i ever tried was LSD. It was the single most beautiful and happy experiences of my life, i felt more joy in those hours than i ever dreamed would be possible for the mind to feel.... It went beyond all words we have to describe emotions, joy, happiness, ecstasy, all fall far below anything sufficicent to describe it. It left the kind of memory in me when you look back on it you have to fight back tears years after it happened.... It changed my entire outlook on life into a far more optimistic one. I was shown the light for lack of any better explanation.... Was i ready for this trip? Far from it, i thought i knew what to expect but when it comes down to it, reading on erowid is not going to give you a great idea of what something is like. Its difficult to put the experience into words that will actually translate into something useful... Best thing to do is have a little bit of faith in yourself and your mind, and see where it takes you...

Mushrooms are another first psych for most people, I have never had a muhsroom trip that i felt like i was overwhelmed enough to enjoy it... Very visual for me, i get a little cold on them, they feel rather "earthy" and natural. Some people love them, i consider myself and acknowlege that i am biased towards acid.

As far as other advice does, make your first trip one with a friend. Your going to be having a lot of really crazy ideas and its great to have someone on the same level to talk with and express your ideas....

Go for an illegal first psych, i hear LSA is alright, but a lot of people get nausea....

STAY AWAY FROM SALVIA, at least dont make it your first psych, your asking to get a really bad first impression of what the psychedelic experience is about if you try salvia.... A salvia trip is what feels like having reality as you have always known it being torn into a billion little pieces, sucked down the drain, and reconstructed into a whole new strange reality.... What this reality is exactly, seems kind of random for everyone.... I have been to the abyss, and experienced my death and judgement in the form of a talk show...

Last edited:
I'm gonna agree with most of the posts thus far that age is a somewhat arbitrary factor, mental stability is much more important. My 1st experience with psych's was shrooms, at it was pretty out of this world and unreal, but a great time as well. This being said I dunno if i would recommend that as anyone's 1st. Regardless of what substance you're using, psychedelic or otherwise, if you're with good people and being at least somewhat responsible its much more likely to turn out well. The problem with LSD and shrooms and cacti is that there's no easy way to get an accurate dose. You can weigh shrooms & cacti, but the potency of these, or any biological psych is going to vary alot. With LSD the dose is too small for most people to accurately weigh. However, I personally still enjoy all 3 of these. I think if i were to recommend a 1st psych for anyone I'd go with either smoked low to mid dose dmt or a 2c-x, as these are easily weighed into what the user can consider a reasonable dose for him or her, after doing the requisite reading of course. DMT can be quite intense, but its short lived. 2c's have substantial duration, but if weighed properly won't be overly intense, and are generally regarded to have less of a mental component than things like shrooms, LSD & DMT. Just remember, every substance affects each individual differently, so read up on whatever it is you're going to do and be careful, but don't forget to have fun either.

Should I do it with friends or solo?

Try solo. I hear that dressing up as a woman is an excellent thing to do whilst tripping. Apparantly when you are peaking on acid walking past a full-length mirror and seeing yourself in stockings and suspenders throws the trip into a whole other mindset.

Apparantly when you are peaking on acid walking past a full-length mirror and seeing yourself in stockings and suspenders throws the trip into a whole other mindset.
lol wut?

On-topic:

By the sheer fact that you are willing to wait, I can see that you're responsible enough to know the difference between safe and dangerous activity. If you're hesitant to try it on your own, tripping with friends can certainly help to stabilise your mood (although you can as-easily be swept up in someone else's experience as your own, so that's something to watch out for). Personally I have yet to trip solo on more than half a tab.

Just remember that your mind will do things it's probably never done before, thus, some things that will happen cannot be explained - don't stress over these! Just enjoy the experience.

Try solo. I hear that dressing up as a woman is an excellent thing to do whilst tripping. Apparantly when you are peaking on acid walking past a full-length mirror and seeing yourself in stockings and suspenders throws the trip into a whole other mindset.

Interesting though; I prefer dressing like the Tin-man, but I should give that one a try. Thanks :D

I dont think anyone mention this but..

Keep a good mindset that day, good mood, and have a good place to trip at with nothing to worry about (getting caught, confrontation with police, etc--shouldnt be a problem for you).

LSD...!

Just remember that your mind will do things it's probably never done before, thus, some things that will happen cannot be explained - don't stress over these! Just enjoy the experience.

Yes, your mind is going to be working in a whole new way during the experience, and maybe a little different afterward....

Dont be alarmed if strange sensations or feelings happen, because they will... There is no logical reason to taste purple, but instead of trying to figure out why your tasting purple just marvel at the fact that you managed to taste a color.

The thing that seems to seperate those who can truely handle psychs and those who can't seems to be the difference between those who can just let go of everything and embrace the experience for everything it can truley be.... Never try to fight psychedelics, its trying to fight yourself, and in that fight there will never be a real winner. Just go with it and wherever it may take you.... One bit of advice the girl who got me into acid gave me was "Just let the lovin' take hold"... Just go with whatever may happen, try to have fun with it, you will be very much like a small child... Everything seems so new and fasinating... Color stuff, if your into instruments by all means play them.... Some of the best music in history has been written on psychs.

For your first trip, i do reccomend staying away from mirrors, unless your comfortable with your appearance and have no issues with your body and still can maintain "what im seeing is only the effects of this drug, others do not see me as this" you can lose yourself in the looking glass for quite some time if you can handle it.... Mirrors are one of the single most trippy things you will ever witness, your used to looking into a mirror and seeing your own face.... On hallucinogens, what is looking back at you morphs and changes into something far from you... I personally enjoy it, I get lost in it.... I stare at myself, everything but me starts to blur into nothingness, my face contorts, things smooth over, eyes leave and come back, and then i snap myself out of this little trance and just say "what the fuck?"...

Avoid heavy machinery, like cars.... Driving and tripping, not a good idea.... I made a 40 minute drive on 2c-b on molly sunday morning.... I wanted to kiss my driveway when i got home.... I wasn't tripping face or anything, and visuals were down to a tolerable level, it was a dose where i understood traffic laws like stay between the lines... Drive on the correct side of road. Once i was out of the city i knew i would be fine getting home...