View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping to help accept the loss of a loved one

tired of crap

Bluelighter
I was just wondering if anyone has had any success using psychedelics to aid in the process of grieving/accepting/etc the loss of a loved one? I'm going to let the shock set in and deal with the emotions/grief etc of my loss for a while before i consider tripping.

However, I know these sorts of drugs have been successfully used in a variety of psychiatric settings and was curious if anyone has any experience using it for this specific person

I'm not trying to run from this. I'm at peace with my loss. But I feel like there is something I'm holding back (emotions) and I'd like to be able to experience them. Given psychedelics will throw me into then head first I'm ok with that. I'm quite experienced with good and bad and I'm ok with either.

Anyone have any experience?
Thanks

I do. I had a hard trip when one of my best friends died in May. It was so healing. Then when my mother died in September, I tripped again. I just meditated and thought it through. It can be difficult though. I'm very experienced with psychedelics. If I wasn't it might of been much more sketchy. Be careful. Sorry for your loss.

Threads like this get my interest.

When my brother was killed by a drunk driver slamming into his and his wifes car in 1989 I for sure used mushrooms to digest the whole situation and look over things. First off, my brother was my best friend, I followed him around and even moved to California when he did. So after the initial shock I had so many uncanny things happen. In fact the day he died I was at a Grateful Dead concert that he was suppose to be at. The girl that sat in his seat somehow knew I was grieving and comforted me in some real other wordly way. (how did she know?) But two weeks later I took some mushrooms and tripped alone. The insight on Love and being alive just about healed me. Infact it was such a good trip my roomate came home and started crying in the apartment do to a real healing vibe. And he was a skeptic. :) When the trip was over I was so drained I slept deeply for about 4 hours and it was afternoon.

Then over the next two months I had a few LSD trips too, went to the Paramahansa Yogananda Peace Shrine one day I drove to myself and tripped and had massive insights there too. Then I realized I had to be the rock here for everyone else since I believed I saw the light. I had a mission. It all seems to be about Love and connection and it makes more sense when one is in an expanded state of mind. Basically I reached a state of mind where I clearly saw Love is forever. He died, the Love did not stop. Pretty interesting.

It worked, it healed and if one is grounded it can be a wonderful healing experience probably better than years of therapy. I realized more.

Good luck and keep those eyes wide open!

I had a difficult time after the death of a parent and the fucking nonsense Jerry Springer crap that occurred at the wake/funeral. I couldn't grieve without getting angry at the Muppets and didn't want to mix the grief with anger, (understandably) so pushed the grief out of my mind for a few months. Every time I would get sad I distracted myself even though I knew it was not ideal it was the best I could do at the time.

A good friend gifted me some Liberty Caps and with the thought of dealing with my grief I took them and boom! Problem solved.I understood the antics and shit that prevented me from grieving, I understood my parents journey and accepted their departure.

All in all a great way to deal with grief in my experience.

(Sorry for your loss btw)

DMT was very helpful in my experience - brought me up to immediate acceptance and resolution with death of my father. A friend of mine noted he had encounters with the close people he lost as well, while on a peak of DMT trip.

Last edited:
So more than once I had typed this long response only for bluelight to remind me that I hadn't logged in ... Yay mobile!

So given the quality and availability of substances I think I'll go with a solo mushroom trip (>4acodmt - I feel too analytical/often disphoric>various 2Cxs - I don't find them particularly useful for insight, at varying doses>other 4 sub trypts -not much experience here>low quality lsd -this stuff is just disappointing.... DMT(smoked or oral with an making) is an option but I'm not sure Im ready for it - maybe that means I should?). I'm quite experienced with psychedelics and solo tripping so I'm not worried there.

Suppose I'll share my dream from last night
That was a trippy fucking dream
We were at the visitation. And it was at the fishing derby tent... And they used tarps instead of blankets and I was like this is weak wtf.. I gotta go.

Then there's my brother talking to mom. "Make sure you get something to eat" he says then she walks away and I kinda follow
"Like that'll do me any good I'm dead"

Then she kinda fades away and I walk in a different direction and there's a different time frame (aged) Mom talking to someone else. And I'm like whoa this is too much and hurriedly go another way.

But there's someone else talking to yet another aged Mom.

So I hurry over to make sure that she's actually in the coffin.

But I don't make it before the dream starts to fade. Flashing between all these different images (I can't recall if they were significant or not)....

When I woke there was two points I was considering
1) moms (various images) live with all of us. And she'll mean different things to us all and that is what will live on inside each of us.

But I was talking to my uncleabout the Tibetan book of the dead last night and
2) I feel like mom can't move on until each of us can let go.

I've tried mdma, lsd and shrooms. I definitely prefer mdma for enabeling emotional processing for stuff that's too hard to deal with without some type of aid.

Lsd also brings stuff to the surface, but it's much more colder and raw, and I don't use it for that at all. To me, lsd is great for moderating the emotions a while after mdma. Lsd helps me get into action mode, very good after effect for me.

Don't know about shrooms, I wasn't able to get enough euphoria to work with stuff, and was too low on adhd meds, so it was just a fun roller coaster with lots of visuals.

Setting is important. I prefer to be alone, alternatively I'd suggest someone who guides and supports you. Mdma is a very social and loving drug, so I will lose the inner focus, I start saying nice things about others instead. Pet is nice company. I work after first wave had peaked, I have described my set up earlier.