• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping the older you get.

Pupnik is someone I silently mentor. To be 68 and going strong. Me in 12 years. :) The only thing I remember was being more carefree when I was young. Thought nothing of camping out at Grateful Dead shows and didn't have the "fear" I have now that I got older. Not sure it is all the weight of responsibility that I feel that I did not have when I was younger. I think I trusted more when I was younger, yet as I age I realize I have to trust even more. So it is a paradox. I learned, I grew, yet have more fear as I age. And it is not mental fear. It feels like my body collected anxiety through the years and stored it. I can not put my finger on it. But set and setting is the most important thing these days if I trip. I use to be able to take 2 blotters, put on sunglasses and go to work. I would shrink if I did that now. So I was braver.

Damn life chisel at the nervous system and to me it feels cumulative. That care free person is not around anymore and I can for sure feel more uptight. I feel wiser for sure, but my body aged and feels it.

Oh and I am a lot crankier. I realized why people get old and cranky. Years and years of doing doing doing, eating to maintain the body, a house to house the body, the body breaking down. I can not think of a better term when someone dies as Rest In Peace. No more doing. (just being.....maybe...lol)

Last edited:
Rest In Peace. No more doing. (just being
Indeed, the $64 question. I often wonder, as stiff and tight are these reins currently in this life, should it come to only potentially relieving end, who is to say that I will not end up end up more difficult situation somewhere else somebody else have some significant karma and a step down the ladder for a few lessons to learn.

I honestly, genuinely don't think we get to hang our feet up for too long.
After this current 39 year old experience in life so far, I'm reallynot that keen on doing it again, and a part of me used to envy the idea suggested by the Bible that we only live once and therefore the unfortunate young who do not even make it out of the womb, who will then basically know nothing until being resurrected in the Golden Age of Utopia on earth after the last days have been and passed, and simply given the choice do you want to live according to gods Rose in this perfect world or are you not willing to agree to this in which case you will simply cease to exist?

I mean if that is really how it goes then that is definitely showcase of pros and cons to me. Talk about fast track.

If you do it right, I agree. It's gotten better and better for me, though also different, much more comfortable, much less world-shaking. Which is cool because now I can use them in more subtle ways, and as fun recreational experiences much more reliably. I find I don't really even seek world-shaking experiences anymore, I've had those and learned from them and incorporated them into myself already.

I'm currently in pause from tripping as nothing interesting came up for a while and it was just a light show and good feelings... but no more dark corners to discover inside of me.

I could see tripping be of better potential for young adults and experienced adults rather than starting too late.

I'd say forget about the "abilify" and lamotrigine, what you need is a nice trip to re-center yourself

I'd say forget about the "abilify" and lamotrigine, what you need is a nice trip to re-center yourself
Ya but Crispche is on 4 meds, and each one will diminish his trip.
There are dopamine and serotonin antagonist/blockers, a sodium channel blocker, and a benzodiazepine.
I would not think it would be advisable that he attempts to trip or even take any stimulant, unless he can taper off his meds first.