• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on an Airplane

Don't do it!!

Have any of you ever thought of dropping while on a flight? I am flying this Friday, commercially, and am toying with the idea of eating some acid before I board.
Now, I know there would certainly be things to be cautious of, but I think the rush during takeoff and watching the land below would be awesome! My only concern would be knowing that I am stuck in this huge metal cylinder for 3 1/2 hours at 30,000 feet.
Any thoughts on this?
Dr. J
------------------
Trust me, unless you would like to get lost and lose all your belongings. I had 4 tabs of acid before my flight to Germany from SFO. Thing about acid is you forget who you are and what your are doing, luckily I was with my sober brother. I literally would forget everything I said just after a few seconds of saying it, also your mind turns into a 3 year olds mind. People can tell there is something wrong with you. First , when I was passing through the TSA checkpoint I had to put my belongings into a tray so they could be x-rayed , it took me about 5 mins to do that which really should have taken 30 seconds, I also stuck my hand in the machine for some reason. I held up the line and caught everyone's attention. Once I went through the x-Ray for your body there was a TSA agent waiting on the other side I stepped out and stared at her for about 30 seconds . She asked me if "I was good" I tripping so hard that I thought she was drug testing me smh lol. Surpringly I made it through security. Once I made it on the plane my and my brother sat next a lady. I was so high on acid that all my answers when we talked her were with enthusiasm and loud. She then asked my brother if I was "late" meaning retared. At this point I was already regretting taking acid!! I couldn't even speak to the flight attendants!!! Only reason I made it on the flight was because of my bro I didn't know where I was going I was just following him. Point of the long story is don't do it!!! Also since acid causes vasoconstriction I'm pretty sure it can damage your body especially at 40'000 feet I thought I was gonna have a stroke for a period in the flight which was pretty scary. It's up to you at the end just my recommendation folks.

Don't do it!!
[QUOTEr. J;609114]Have any of you ever thought of dropping while on a flight? I am flying this Friday, commercially, and am toying with the idea of eating some acid before I board.
Now, I know there would certainly be things to be cautious of, but I think the rush during takeoff and watching the land below would be awesome! My only concern would be knowing that I am stuck in this huge metal cylinder for 3 1/2 hours at 30,000 feet.
Any thoughts on this?
Dr. J
------------------
Trust me, unless you would like to get lost and lose all your belongings. I had 4 tabs of acid before my flight to Germany from SFO. Thing about acid is you forget who you are and what your are doing, luckily I was with my sober brother. I literally would forget everything I said just after a few seconds of saying it, also your mind turns into a 3 year olds mind. People can tell there is something wrong with you. First , when I was passing through the TSA checkpoint I had to put my belongings into a tray so they could be x-rayed , it took me about 5 mins to do that which really should have taken 30 seconds, I also stuck my hand in the machine for some reason. I held up the line and caught everyone's attention. Once I went through the x-Ray for your body there was a TSA agent waiting on the other side I stepped out and stared at her for about 30 seconds . She asked me if "I was good" I tripping so hard that I thought she was drug testing me smh lol. Surpringly I made it through security. Once I made it on the plane my and my brother sat next a lady. I was so high on acid that all my answers when we talked her were with enthusiasm and loud. She then asked my brother if I was "late" meaning retared. At this point I was already regretting taking acid!! I couldn't even speak to the flight attendants!!! Only reason I made it on the flight was because of my bro I didn't know where I was going I was just following him. Point of the long story is don't do it!!! Also since acid causes vasoconstriction I'm pretty sure it can damage your body especially at 40'000 feet I thought I was gonna have a stroke for a period in the flight which was pretty scary. It's up to you at the end just my recommendation folks.

tripping on a plane sounds horrible. Benzos and alcohol on the plane for me. I hate enclosed spaces and being next to weird random strangers tho.

I could be sober and I'd probably find some benzos or at least drink enough to pass out flying.
Greyhound is better, I can just bring some weed edibles and sleep forever.

Yeah tripping on a plane honestly sounds awful, absolutely awful.

I know this is an old thread, but tripping on a plane sounds awful. Just utterly fucking awful, basically guaranteeing a bad trip IMO. The crowded space combined with not wanting people to know you're tripping. Fuck that. Fuck flying in general, but seriously fuck tripping on a plane. For me at least, it'd be a petri dish for paranoia. Though, obviously it's different for everyone, but I doubt there are many people who would enjoy tripping on a plane. I'd take a lightly dosed weed edible for a flight perhaps, might enhance the window views a bit. But tripping on a plane, fuck that.

I wouldn't take LSD on a plane as I'm afraid of heights. But MXE on one was wonderful. Only regret was I couldn't take a hole level dose for fear of being medically attended to.

Yeah I've done dissos on an airplane, that's fine (for me anyway).

the plane is confining, but a low dose does not make me squirm too much, and if I have a window seat for an evening flight home it is lovely watching my sparkling city welcoming the big bird back.

I wouldn't take LSD on a plane as I'm afraid of heights. But MXE on one was wonderful. Only regret was I couldn't take a hole level dose for fear of being medically attended to.

I did mxe before a plane ride while severely sleep deprived. Fun experience but don't intent on repeating it.
I almost missed my connecting flight buying headphones for my ipod.

It hit me as my first flight was taking off and I just blended into the white noise.

jefferson-airplane-white-rabbit-thomas-pollart.jpg

Pretty sure we were on this particular flight. A bit rickety, but we arrived on time... :)

Last edited:
I mean, as long as I didn't dose too high, I'm sure it would make the flight more enjoyable. Tripping makes it almost impossible to be bored. But I can only have so many psychedelic trips in one lifetime... why would I want to waste them in an airplane when I could take them in much more enjoyable settings?

Shulgin had this to say about the subject:

I was on the red-eye flight to Atlanta, and tried a new level of 2C-B, 16 milligrams, sitting in first class with a totally unresponsive crowd of fellow travelers of the airplane sort, rather than of the psychedelic sort. I learned the hard way that one should never try to evaluate a new level of a drug in the environmentally dull atmosphere of a midnight flight. It was a waste of time and a waste of energy. I squirmed in my seat for hours, feeling utterly stupid, since all I could do was sip orange juice and wish I could find some way to get to sleep.