View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping in school

Mind_Games

Greenlighter
I know this sounds like a bad idea, but I think it might be a good experience to do some acid before school one time and get a new outlook on it. Do you guys think I can get away with this or no.

Are you truly expecting a lot of positive reactions on this question?
Because you won't be getting any.

School seems like a terrible setting to be on psychs, you'll be paranoid the entire time. People can tell when you're high... if you get caught, you'll get in a ton of trouble with the school / your parents.

True story... there was this one kid who spent over 3 hours on the toilet, apparently staring straight at the wall (people were looking through the crack in the door). Students started to mess with him by throwing paper towels into the stall, no idea who he was or what happened after, but I don't imagine it was good.

Sounds like a waste of a trip, and a bad time.

People on acid tend to have a really hard time acting "normal". People on acid tend to look really fucked up on drugs.
The only change in perception you're likely to get is a pretty awful one.
Save the acid for enjoying when you don't have any responsibilities or need to hide your intoxication.

I imagine tripping in an uncomfortable environment like school could put you off tripping for life.
And why would you want to do a thing like that?!

I took mushrooms at school once...I didn't have any classes that day, and it was still borderline horrific just sitting around in that environment :D

Save the tripping for a better setting!

You don't have to be in school to get a diffferent outlook on it and it would be quite offset by the fact that you'd have a lot of difficulties hiding the way you are acting or experiencing things. Even sober a lot of high school involves around how you behave, which tends to be even more terrible for this kind of thing than being around parents when underaged / living at home.

A buddy of mine when in high school took acid, he absolutely laughed his ass off hysterically while I just had a bit of a buzz from drinking - I did not trip in high school. I never heard actually good reports on this sort of plan and even the intentions have always sort of sounded like a bullshit excuse.
I think the reason my buddy got away with it - did he though, I have trouble remembering =D - was probably that we were in a special kind of program with a lot of optional and lenient classes and we live in the Netherlands anyway and it was a lax school.

Not to bash you generally getting the idea: testing the limits is something I definitely did in high school and especially college... but some plans were definitely incredibly flawed even if it seemed good on paper, while other plans were epic.

i think if you want to do this, the only way would be if it didn't matter whether you attended classes that day or not anyway, if that... or if you were absolutely ready to drop out of the entire society like my friend did.

Last edited:
People on acid tend to have a really hard time acting "normal". People on acid tend to look really fucked up on drugs.
This, you can't hide LSD trip from an entire school, and once they find out, and they will, you'll be on your way to shitsburgh. It's not like getting stoned on a lunch break and acting like nothing happened.

This, you can't hide LSD trip from an entire school, and once they find out, and they will, you'll be on your way to shitsburgh. It's not like getting stoned on a lunch break and acting like nothing happened.
I have done acid before and I knew I was likely to get a lot of responses like this but I was curious if anybody has had a good experience with it. I only have a little over a month until I'm done with high school forever and I just would like to experience it differently. If there is another psych you guys might be able to recommend I would appreciate it, if not thanks anyway. :)

No psychs in school man. Hell, I used to come in stoned, but I was in a hoitey-toitey school and all the kids would treat me like a degenerate.

In college my roommate went to classes on acid one time, just to experience it like you want to. His take was essentially that it wasn't worth it, he said the bus ride back was one of the most awkward experiences of his life. I can only imagine hahahah.

One time when I was still living on campus freshman year, my friend and I were sittin outside the dorm, high on mushies, starring at the sky with big fat grins; this guy walked up to us, said, "You guys look like you're up to something evil." then walked away. Tripped us the fuck out!

I have done acid before and I knew I was likely to get a lot of responses like this but I was curious if anybody has had a good experience with it. I only have a little over a month until I'm done with high school forever and I just would like to experience it differently. If there is another psych you guys might be able to recommend I would appreciate it, if not thanks anyway. :)
Nope, the only different outlook you'll get from turning up tripping on acid is getting expelled a month before the end. It's going to end up in your papers and that'll do you no favours.

Depends on many factors. What are kids like in your school and what drug we talking about? I would highly advise against because I can just imagine the paranoia of getting caught being intense. But I've been told by a friend whos done a tab in school that it wasn't a bad time. But then again 1 tab usualyl produces no visuals in most people soooo. In the end its your choice, just know the risks vs. rewards.

Terrible place in my opinion to do a psychadelic, just imagine if a teacher asked you a question in class and you didn't know it... bad trip is probably inevitable.

But I highly recommending taking about 1/5 of a tab to microdose. Massive energy release and you feel so alert. When I microdosed at school for the first time I did not get out in handball at all, I was in the library playing chess (because I wanted to do something that required some sort of thinking) and I couldnt stop talking to everyone and having a great time. Some people did ask why I was trying so hard in handball but other than that no one even knew, they just thought I was normal. Definitely something you should consider trying. You won't see any visuals tho.

Yes; a microdose, or something in-between a microdose and a full dose ("museum dose" as they say) could be nice.

This sounds like a bad idea.

Do you have field trips at your school? If I were going to do this I'd pick one with lots of walking around in nature and do it then with a low dose of some very friendly psychedelic.

Hehe, for us the Last School Day was a special event, abbreviated with "LSD" :>

idk *maybe* something like 2C-B but still I would mostly do this on a day when you are already one foot out the door and the atmosphere in classes is super lax or even facultative.

Question is whether experiencing it differently is still worth it if is likely to become so uncomfortable that you wouldn't want to have to do that the rest of the day. So again: hopefully you can afford to drop out for a day, as least as an option you were prepared for. If you just hope that it's ideal or interesting in some way and are dependent on that positive outcome, I wouldn't bother.

Depends on many factors. What are kids like in your school and what drug we talking about? I would highly advise against because I can just imagine the paranoia of getting caught being intense. But I've been told by a friend whos done a tab in school that it wasn't a bad time. But then again 1 tab usualyl produces no visuals in most people soooo. In the end its your choice, just know the risks vs. rewards.
I don't know what tabs you've been getting, but 100ug and above is enough to give you visuals.

Hey you asked whether I think you can get away with it or not.

I think it depends if you are in High School or University.

I think you can probably get away with a micro dose--like 10-20ug. I do it all the time.

You might be able to get away with a small museum dose like 20-45ug. I would not recommend that if you are in high school. If you are in university, you might get away with that in some classes in university. For example, it might affect my articulation with class mates before class, but my learning is increased. I would only do that extremely rarely (I've been in full-time university for 10 years). But a Full-blown trip, in class? My strong recommendation is NO. Your class mates might be like, "Yo, what the heck--your eyes seem overly aware..." And the teacher would probably end up ask you directly, "Mind_Games are you okay?!?! I want to talk to you after class!"

Nevertheless--it's your decision. I will strongly recommend you don't take a full dose if you have class, especially if you are in High School. I do trip at school sometimes--a small dose (i.e. less than one dose). I go to a stall in the library and study by myself. It is awesome. If I have class, I stick to microdosing. I would save full-blown trips to special controlled settings.

I think this would be a bad idea because the chances of you getting caught are pretty large, and that would fuck your shit up. A really low dose MAYBE, but ultimately I think it will just be stressful. I used to smoke weed in high school plenty, I would get kinda paranoid, but (as you know) psychedelics are more intense. Better to save the psychedelics for a better setting. School seems like a terrible setting for psychedelics to me, just really stressful and boring. Like, sit in class while tripping? Sounds like a pretty lame way to spend a trip.

I don't know what tabs you've been getting, but 100ug and above is enough to give you visuals.

It's extremely rare for street LSD to be dosed much higher than 60ug, even 40ug is reported.