• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Tripping Alone

Branggen

Bluelighter
Ive got some shrooms on the way right now, I have had shrooms somewhere between 5 and 10 times before but I don't think ever alone. Im curious if you guys think tripping alone would increase the chance of a bad trip? I know a lot of it comes down to how you are feeling before you take take them so Im gonna make sure im having a good day when I indulge. Should I be worried, should I just take them with a friend? What kind of solo tripping experiences have you had and how did they compare to a "social" trip?

Solo trips, IME, tend to be much more introspective than hedonistic. My most rewarding (i.e. challenging) trips are almost entirely of the solo variety. A long day hike or mountain bike ride in the backcountry with my dogs is my preferred setting for solo trips, though not recommended until you have a bit more experience with psychedelics. One can only find out how they react to solo tripping via first hand experience.

Try to have a benzodiazepine on hand, knowing that you can tone the trip down if needed tends to make a rough trip more comfortable, even without actually utilizing the benzo. Just knowing you have the option is a big comfort factor.

I agree. I’ve never had a bad trip alone and they tend to be the ones where I feel there was some lasting psychological benefit to the whole thing. I’ve had a few bad trips with other people though even though my solo ones are usually double or triple the dose for a shits and giggles trip with other people.

I think a solo trip allows for more introspection as compared to tripping in a group

However, a sober trip sitter definitely has it’s advantages, especially when venturing into uncharted territory or when you know the dose may require such.

If you have done it a few times before the best way no one to ruin your trip

I've tripped the most by myself that way it is more introspective like above said, and i like metal and punk when I trip so I'm usually by myself, everyone is diffrent

I've tripped the most by myself that way it is more introspective like above said, and i like metal and punk when I trip so I'm usually by myself, everyone is diffrent

Yeah, same here. My preference for punk, metal, and melodic hardcore definitely causes people who I occasionally trip with to be less than pleased. Jam bands want electronic music drive me nuts when I trip...

Yeah, same here. My preference for punk, metal, and melodic hardcore definitely causes people who I occasionally trip with to be less than pleased. Jam bands want electronic music drive me nuts when I trip...
so true last time I tripped I listened to grindcore / death metal ..... then wow after 20 min wait a min I need something more chill enter Electric wizard

I think I will do the solo trip then, no way im putting on that crazy music though :p, even rap is a bit to much when im on shrooms

the way I use to do it Id wait to dose days sometimes a week till I'm in the best mood, for optimal trip experience

Tripped solo on mushrooms for the first time this spring due to plague social restrictions. Found it to be significantly different from a group trip. I wouldn't say better or worse, just different. More introspective in general for sure, but I've had the same amount or more introspection on the come down in group settings as well simply by walking away for a bit to be alone.

Also, only did small doses which I had never experienced before and found that alone to be significantly different from my usual dosing.

Now that I've tried it after about 15 years of being scared to do so, I'll deffo be doing it again.