View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping alone in room for first time?

Nychill

Greenlighter
I got a tab of acid after hanging out at a bar last night. Woke up very hungover so ended up not taking the acid. It's 7pm now and it's sitting on my dresser next to two Coke baggies which I've abstained from taking with hopes of doing the acid ASAP. I'm hesitant because I've had little to no appetite today and am feeling a tad lightheaded. I also know that it's generally better to trip around nature with friends but I'm excited about the prospect of tripping alone my first time with video games, music, movies, books, chess...However I feel like I might be confined to my room for the trip. I live in Brooklyn and tripping outside late at night might not be good for me. Or it could be awesome. What do you guys think? I don't have a fridge to store it properly and I have work off tomorrow so I think I'm going to take it tonight but I'm not sure. My biggest concern is feeling physically ill during the trip or paranoid because I can't leave my room.

It would your first time tripping? If yes, I would say a pretty hard no on the first time being in your room. I've had trips where I am in one spot with my eyes closed the entire experience, and others where I roam, wander, and explore endlessly. It can't be predicted which way it'll go. But if it goes the latter, and you're stuck in your room, you are not going to be a happy camper. As exciting as it is - believe me, I know - the best option here is to wait.

It will be that much better when you have no restrictions or confinements :)

Feeling much better now after a lot of rest. I'm going to snort some coke to help wake up and I think I'll take the acid in an hour or two.

If I'm feeling adventurous I'll walk out and take the subway to the river. Gonna make a list of things to do now :)

If you have tomorrow off why not take it first thing in the morning?

I love watching the sunrise while coming up on lsd

Definitely don't do it if you've been doing coke, Jesus.

And you don't need a list o things to do. You obviously have no idea what you're in for, but good luck.

Tripping alone in room for first time?

No. This is one of the most notorious ways to have a bad or lackluster first trip. Wait for a better time when you're not alone and not confined. You don't need a fridge to store it, just a ziplock bag and a drawer.

I took the tab about an hour ago no effects so far. I didn't do the Coke.

I've had some amazing trips by myself in my room, including my first trip ever. But to each their own ymmv

And don't mix blow with acid,
Sounds unpleasant

It all depends on what kind of individual you are, I prefer to be by myself, as was my first time. I don't like people arround while I trip, but other people is just the opposite

successful trip. thanks everyone for the support

now on to the next

How do you define successful?

What you did was risky. You had the chance of being trapped in that room in a personal hell! I've lost count of the times I've tripped but I know after years of having only good trips they can turn bad and quick. I was only too glad to have quite a few under my belt before my first bad time on a trip, (not a bad trip per se) so I was able to deal with it and not flip out.

I now only trip alone and would hate to trip with anyone. That said I was glad to have people around me at the start so I could be free to not care/worry as I had someone to turn to.

Here's a good and humorous article on safe tripping:

Tripping guide

Safe journeys.

A successful trip would be one that is enjoyable or helpful to one's mentality. And they are under the right conditions.

Tripping alone is markedly different than with others. Experience is the best teacher, so I'd rather trip alone after seeing how the substance affects the individual mind. But having a positive mindset and staying within your element is more than enough to have a good trip, whether by yourself or with others.

A successful trip would be one that is enjoyable or helpful to one's mentality. And they are under the right conditions.

But why settle for successful as enjoyable when it may have been mind blowing? I tend to find a lot of the time that my first trip on a new substance can be the most enjoyable if done right.

But why settle for successful as enjoyable when it may have been mind blowing? I tend to find a lot of the time that my first trip on a new substance can be the most enjoyable if done right.

Hmm? They're close enough to be the same thing, or that fits into the enjoyable category.

Yeah, the novelty is fresh and it's fun to try new substances. You don't know what's gonna happen. :)