• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping age limit

I'm 53, about to turn 54 in a few months. The first time I tried mushrooms was when I was 27. The second through 200+ times I've tripped was after I was 51. As to why I find it much easier now to trip than when I was younger? It's not going to affect my life if I fuck up Don't have to worry about losing a job or calling in sick (I have 26 years seniority), have my own place, etc. A lot of what might have caused problems for me if I tripped when younger simply don't exist now.

Don't have to worry about health care bills and so on......

What I do have to be concerned about is how any individual drug I consume might affect my health; I tend to avoid drugs that will influence cardiovascular system/blood pressure. Psychs (mushrooms, most tryptamines, LSD/Z, AL-LAD) and marijuana are what I feel comfortable with.

Knowing that you can pass out and he only thing that will walk over you is your dogs and/or cats gives you a lot of freedom.

Tom

Pupnik: I'd also like to ask you questions. I noticed you mentioned your age in another post once. I've also noticed that you seem to dose psychedelics on a fairly regular basis. I'm curious if you would care to share an overview of your lifetime psychedelic usage. Have you always tripped a lot, or is it something you got into later in life? From your posts you seem very level headed and smart, but I'm wondering if you've noticed any negative cognitive effects that you could attribute to PDs? No probs if you don't want to answer these personal questions. I'm just really interested in learning from people who've been dosing for a long time, because its not so common.

since I was 15 I was interested in yoga, breathing meditation and science. maybe earlier if I think about it.
by 17 I had found lsd but used it infrequently.
by 35 I had sampled speed, coke, lsdd mushrooms, mda and marijuana, but I cut out all drugs for a while as I had a difficult marriage and wanted to be the custodial father after separation so needed everything impeccable in my habits.
by 40 I was doing lsd and coke moderately, 10 times per year. then stopped due to access problems
at 50 I rediscovered shrooms and soon after discovered salvia and with salvia got into higher frequency use.
some lovely people started sending me lsd or selling it to me,
in the last 10 years I have gone through about 200 tabs personally usually 1/2 or 1/4 so it is relatively frequent but not high dosing.
in the last year I have started experimenting with lsz and nboxx's.
I would say that my use has gone up and become more regular
I like to eat 1/2 tab of lsz/week, and 2x 1/4 tab of nboxx per week or less, and I don't find any health impacts from them or any mental problems with them. they suit my disposition. I work in tech, prototyping, and ghost busting - or debugging really wierd interface complexities.

I tend not to go for marijuana, but would not mind some speed or coke from time to time - though they make me very twisted feeling which is probably the cardiovascular and tension thing.
lsd/lsz is the best for me but the nboxx alternative is excellent too because it is a bit shorter duration - for weekday evenings.

Thank you Thomas and Pupnik, your posts are very informative and interesting.

If anyone else with really long term psychedelic use patterns would like to share their story, it would be really cool to hear.

Last edited:
too old never, too young is under 18 probably. i did all kinds of trippy drugs when i was a teenager and i'm fucked up.