View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping age limit

Lackasham

Bluelighter
My friends dad wanted to drop lsd with us but was scared he was maybe too old and it would have bad effects on him. Is there such a thing as being too old to trip?

There is no such thing.
If he is in good health, no psychological disorders, and has the desire, he will be good to go.
How old is he out of curiosity?

There is no real age limit on tripping, but if he has any heart trouble or other diseases that comes with aging then he should reconsider if it's a good idea.

I have tripped with people decades older than me, people an age I can't imagine being, but maybe that's because I'm young. There's no age limit. Like everyone else said, physical and psychological health is what would really limit him, if at all.

He is nearing 70 I believe but I figured the same. As long as he's right of mind and body what's the difference from being 30 and tripping

Well LSD has very minimal body effects, as long as his blood pressure isn't high and he has normal heart health he should be good to go. Mentally he should be old enough to handle himself if he's that old, I mean you never know but he probably grew up on orange sunshine lol.

The only difference is that he's 70 and tripping instead of being 30 and tripping. The drug doesn't work any differently on a 70 year old brain than it does on a 30 year old brain. It's just a different person at that age, but we're all different from each other anyways.

Do you enjoy hanging out with the old guy? I hope that when I'm 70 some young punk can hook me up with some acid. You should totally do it, I think it would be pretty fun.

Yeah he is super cool we always smoke with him and he tells his drug stories from when he was young lol I think it would be awesome if I could convince him he'd be alright

Yeah he is super cool we always smoke with him and he tells his drug stories from when he was young lol I think it would be awesome if I could convince him he'd be alright

I love when my mom tells me her drug stories. She used to be a coke dealer and grew up during the 60's/70's and was a hippie university student. She once told me and my ex gf all about her times tripping on shrooms and acid and her stories about selling coke and stuff. I don't think I'd ever trip with her lol but it made for some interesting conversations. So I mean doing LSD with him would probably be really a really unique and interesting experience.

He might be intimidated remembering how big the typical doses were back in the old days. Now days we tend to dose a lot lighter (which I think is a good thing), so that might be worth mentioning. I think a typical acid tab in the 70s would render you into a puddle on the floor, whereas now days a typical tab is just about right for sitting with mom for an afternoon tea.

That is a good point I will mention that acid is a lot weaker these days. I think it would be weird if he was my own dad but he's not so it's not as bad he is so funny so I really think he would have us laughing our asses off ?

I statred tripping on LSD and Mushrooms when I was 14, I turned out just fine
I've seen and felt things the common huiman couldnt fathom
Since then Ive probably had close to 35-40 psychs and dissaciatives
And hundreds of over types of psychoactive drugs, not trying to dick size.

Buy not everyones intelligence is effected buy drugs, i took my college entance examine on 15mgs of 2c-e
I was in the zone =D<3<3

Last edited:
I hope there wasn't a spelling test on your entrance exam.
BURN! Sorry, couldn't resist :p

I love the hell out of psychedelics, and lower doses (maybe ~100ug range of LSD) can definitely open my mind to more scholarly heights, but when I get too spun, sometimes I can barely talk, or understand what the hell is going on. A few weeks ago I dropped 400 ugs, watched Tron Legacy, and try as I might, I literally couldn't even comprehend what they were saying to each other. I would never try to take any exam while spun xD

The only difference is that he's 70 and tripping instead of being 30 and tripping. The drug doesn't work any differently on a 70 year old brain than it does on a 30 year old brain. It's just a different person at that age, but we're all different from each other anyways.
That's not necessarily true. The brain is constantly adapting and developing, some brain areas grow/shrink and receptor distribution changes over age. It's believed that that's why people of older age tend to get more negative effects from cannabis and find it less enjoyable than people in their teens/early adulthood.

I'm not sure to what extent that'd translate to psychedelics but I'm certain the experience does change with age regardless of previous psychedelic experience or not. That said the few old people I have seen tripping at festivals and psytrance parties do seem to be have a perfectly good time :p.

Fair point. The cannabis example is a good one, that has been true for myself. I always thought it was more to do with smoking regularity and being out of practice, or maybe less carefree. I used to smoke a fair bit, then stopped for a long period, got older, and now I just can't smoke very much. But it could definitely be due to an actual change in brain chemistry/function.

I've never tripped with a 70 year old, but I have tripped (lsd) with a 50 year old and it seemed to work just the same as it did on me, as a 25 years old.

I like it fine at 62
70 is only 8 years away
there should be a fund so that we can keep doing acid into our 90's or 100's
maybe that's why they invented legal lsz.
for the kids that don't mix so well at raves and concerts etc.

Pupnik; is there anything different about the experience at your age? And yes I suppose that would be difficult as you got older

Pupnik: I'd also like to ask you questions. I noticed you mentioned your age in another post once. I've also noticed that you seem to dose psychedelics on a fairly regular basis. I'm curious if you would care to share an overview of your lifetime psychedelic usage. Have you always tripped a lot, or is it something you got into later in life? From your posts you seem very level headed and smart, but I'm wondering if you've noticed any negative cognitive effects that you could attribute to PDs? No probs if you don't want to answer these personal questions. I'm just really interested in learning from people who've been dosing for a long time, because its not so common.