• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Trip Report: A Remedy For Weed Paranoia

ManRider

Bluelighter
I commented about this in a thread on weed paranoia a while ago, but I decided I'd do a full write-up to share.

I started using weed when I was about 15, and still use it today, 13 years later. For a while it was the good, classic experience. Weed made me silly, sleepy, hungry. The worst thing was that my social skills around people I didn't know well were impaired somewhat, but nothing huge. Around the time I turned 24 things started to shift; I would get paranoid, anxious and uncomfortable a lot of the time, especially if I used more than the tiniest amounts. It would often lead to me overanalyzing my life in a really negative, pessimistic way, and I'd feel overwhelmed and dysfunctional. Other people I know who get uncomfortable from weed describe similar experiences.

Weed had been something that I really enjoyed, and brought a lot of pleasure and fun into my life. It was sad to think that I couldn't reliably enjoy it anymore. When I found out there was a nutritional supplement for anxiety that also can be helpful for the paranoia from weed, I was pretty intrigued, though somewhat skeptical. But it's not that expensive and I get some mild anxiety when I'm sober too, so I decided to try it out. You take two pills a day, and the site says the benefits build over a week or so.

I started taking the supplement and then a few days later I smoked some weed. I start off with one small hit out of a glass pipe; cautiously since I was used to getting uncomfortably high pretty easily. I give it a few minutes, start feeling a little, but without the rising discomfort level I'm used to getting. Twenty minutes later I have another small hit. I'm a little higher, still feeling comfortable. I carry on like this for a couple hours, getting pretty stoned, and I never feel very paranoid. Pretty cool.

I keep taking the supplement, and the benefits continue. If I overdo it and get way too high, like with an extra potent brownie, then I can start feeling some paranoia, but overall it's pretty good. Definitely a big improvement from before. Now I enjoy weed a lot again, plus I feel better when I'm sober too. Less anxiety, and a little more focused.

I don't know if it works this well for everyone, but I wanted to share my experience since I know there are other people with the same problem. The supplement is called Green Calm. www.green-calm.com.

Last edited:
Looks like some great ingredients. I take a lot of that stuff already, so I might have to pick some of this up. The l-theanine doesn't surprise me. This gives me a theory to why some people can't enjoy weed.

Just like meditation, l-theanine supports alpha and theta brain wave states, and so does weed. In fact, euphoric states achieved by stoners can be attributed mainly to alpha brain waves. Maybe in those who commonly get paranoia, it is more difficult to get to this calm, aware state of mind because their brain waves are at a higher frequency. Have you ever tried meditating during a paranoid episode to calm down?

Lot's of shit helps like Magnesium Weed depletes vitamins and shit hence munchies speeds up metabolism too my buddy never ever could loose fat over his abs till he smoked like an ounce a sour diesel a month daily like gram at least low on cash and young low tolerance and potent shit but he Magically got a six pack abs to show AND The Belly Fat dissapeared and no c hange to his healthy usual diet just more cannabis smoke Vaporizer i would assume be more ideal or Edibles but it takes more ganja and idk how i like the effects i may have messed up my batch but my friend got high so idk lo0l.... Probably because my tolerance was way higher then his though to much oil in brow nies and like 4 max could be eaten With only 5 grams of weed and like 15 grams fo leaf and stem of goood shit though.

Looks like some great ingredients. I take a lot of that stuff already, so I might have to pick some of this up. The l-theanine doesn't surprise me. This gives me a theory to why some people can't enjoy weed.

Just like meditation, l-theanine supports alpha and theta brain wave states, and so does weed. In fact, euphoric states achieved by stoners can be attributed mainly to alpha brain waves. Maybe in those who commonly get paranoia, it is more difficult to get to this calm, aware state of mind because their brain waves are at a higher frequency. Have you ever tried meditating during a paranoid episode to calm down?
Yeah, meditation is good stuff. That along with yoga and exercise more broadly help me feel calmer and more balanced in my energy levels. And they're free!

They go into more depth on their site about why the ingredients are supposed to be beneficial for anxiety, mostly it seems to be about GABA/glutamate balance, and then some of the other major neurotransmitters, too.

Lot's of shit helps like Magnesium Weed depletes vitamins and shit hence munchies speeds up metabolism too my buddy never ever could loose fat over his abs till he smoked like an ounce a sour diesel a month daily like gram at least low on cash and young low tolerance and potent shit but he Magically got a six pack abs to show AND The Belly Fat dissapeared and no c hange to his healthy usual diet just more cannabis smoke Vaporizer i would assume be more ideal or Edibles but it takes more ganja and idk how i like the effects i may have messed up my batch but my friend got high so idk lo0l.... Probably because my tolerance was way higher then his though to much oil in brow nies and like 4 max could be eaten With only 5 grams of weed and like 15 grams fo leaf and stem of goood shit though.
weird story about your friend. i know that weed can lower blood sugar and people who consume cannabis tend to have healthier amounts of body than people who don't, so i could see the connection. seems like a pretty intense version of that for him though.

I've been taking all those vitamins separately in an effort to mitigate the beginning phases of what I believe are cannabinoid hyperemesis. Along with a 2 month break, I hope it helps. I think CHS is partially due to how your body handles extreme paranoia/anxiety.

Yes Minerals Supplements ETC ALL help u get anixety for example Weed speeds metabolism and Magnesium will be used up and that lowers heart rate unkown how but also helps with anxiety and is known as the Anti-sTRESS mineral and L-Theanine Helps the Brain Produce GABA the Calming Chemical slows down body opposite of Stimulants and what alcoholf fills up your blood with and Benzodiazepines Potentiate the Effect of GABA that is Naturally already Produced in your Brain to have a Stronger Effect.