• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

trigeminal neuralgia awareness?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
I know some people that have this. This led me to read about it a little on my own time privately. The reason is that, I'm not looking for a reaction or anything; I'm saying that specifically this seems like there is no like "thing" for. Nome sayn?

I wanted to just make a thread that can maybe be a source of links or just stories and things like that. And if it goes well maybe it will branch off into some cool stuff. Hopefully

Oh fuck i have this disease. I have had it since about 2004 i think when i had a tooth pulled out. I tried just about every medication in the book for it and every opiate in the book for it but now i am on morphine to control the pain as i can't afford better opioids like fentanyl patches as my insurance doesn't cover them. I gave up on taking gabapentin as i didn't like the side effects of it and it was not helping at all with the TN. Lyrica is too expensive and i don't find it to work great either. I have tried Carbamazepine, Divalproex, gabapentin and Lyrica for the pain and i couldn't tolerate the Tegretol and the rest didn't work. Clonazepam is also used for TN and i take that for anxiety but also for TN as well and it does help abit.

My mom has ATN and is constantly in pain. There is no cure for ATN, it's just trying to find the right cocktail of meds that work for that specific person.

I don't have this currently but I believe this nerve was compressed or something when I suffered facial swelling for years due to milk allergy that I was unaware I had- that was the cause. Some crazy facial pain. Constant swelling over my left ear/jaw, and the nerve goes through the TMJs. Its been called "suicide disease" because of the pain, and people can suffer quite as well mentally with it.

This was one of the diseases I thought I might have/that I tried treating myself for. Lots of GABA seemed to help manage it, some, and Omega 3. But the cause of my related pain was unique.

Last edited:
My mom has ATN and is constantly in pain. There is no cure for ATN, it's just trying to find the right cocktail of meds that work for that specific person.

Yeah that's the best you can hope for really. Thankfully due to morphine and a few other drugs like ketamine i have gotten my attacks of TN down tom a few a year. I also take clonazepam for anxiety which is supposed to help trigeminal neuralgia as well. I was om Gabapentin for it but it didn't seem to help at all and the side effects from long term use where driving me nut's. Not to mention it took me months to withdraw from that shit. Tricyclics have worked much better for me then gabapentin or pregabalin.

My friend has this and I was researching it today . . . she had a root canal, face is puffy on the side where the root canal was done on upper jaw. She is in pain all the time and is going to see doctor soon. I noticed that several lawyers offer to sue your dentist for doing this to you.