View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tried dxm 4 times, little to no effect?

Notsteveyaqub

Greenlighter
Alright so im 5'9 160 lbs have never tried any other drugs and dont know what being high feels like.

Last month i tried dxm for the first time. I had eaten before dexing. I had robitussin with dxm only ingredient, put about 240 ml of dxm and put it in a big bottle of soda and drank it. No effects that time.

The week after that i bought some more robitussin with dxm only. I ate again before putting in about 200 ml of dxm in an energy drink mixed it and drank it. I felt a little slow and drowsy but thats it.

A week after that, i did it again this time eating 10 hours before dexing. I had about 300 ml of robitussin dxm only. This time it took about 2 hours to feel the effects when it usually takes me an hour. I felt slow and drowsy again and that was about it.

A week after that, which was yesterday, i made sure to eat exactly 5 hours before dexing and drink water 2 hours before dexing. I took around 200 ml of dxm in robitussin which had guafinesin. I didnt feel any naseau, but this time about 1 hour and 30 minutes after dexing, i felt slow and drowsy but i also felt these weird tingling waves around my body. I dont know if that was euphoria or just placebo but this only lasted about 2 minutes. After that it went away and i had no effects except the slowness.

I dont know what i am doing wrong, or if i am the type to metabolize fast/slow but i am planning on trying it one more time and if that doesnt work im off of it for a while.

You may not be dosing high enough.
Your doses are only gonna have a "plateau 1 trip." Which is in my experience just a slow motion and drunk feeling.
I recommend buying a bottle of 148ml delsym and drinking 2/3rds or maybe the whole thing depending on how strong you want your trip to be. It's an extended release of dxm so it will last longer and not be as strong. A whole bottle of 148ml deslym is 888mg of dxm extended release, which will be a 444mg dose, that will last twice as long. This is the only active ingredient.
And don't mix it in with a soda! Just be a man and drink it pure. Delsym will take a long time to kick in as well, as long as 3 hours.

You need to give your doses in mg of DXM, as not everyone knows the concentration.

I would steer clear of delsym or other extended release products until youre more comfortable with it. The extended release seems to make the comedown hell. It just lasts too long.
Its also a problem if you dose too high and youre stuck in an incredibly alien state for more than 8 hours. Fir a first timer, id definitely say extended release is best to be avoided.

Try to find the gelcaps, theyre the easiest in the stomach, IMO, and kick in better. The syrup seems to increase nausea ten fold.

If you want to get the feel of DXM, the best dose to start at is around 300 mg. This is one bottle of the robitussin cough gels. Walgreens has the same cough gels in their generic brand, which ive found to be less nauseating than the actual brand

good luck