• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tricks to prevent opiate rage?

IME odsmt is basically a speedball in of itself and most NDRI/NDRA's make me very irritable which is def more noticeable on odsmt compared to say morphine. Other factor could also be the influence of opioids on your sex hormones like surpressing the amount of testosterone in your body which can make you irritable (though I think thats more of a concern with long term use > 2 weeks)
Bro I swear I usually dose at afternoon and go out all day, when I get home late at night I NEED to make myself some calm tea or pop a benzo (I know, it's not ideal, I'm looking for a safer alternative) because I'm going nuts of the residual stimulation it leaves me with.
So yeah you are so right it's an speedball in of itself.

I didn't know that about testosterone and opioids... Thanks for the info, will have to be careful to not mess too much those things with my weekly indulges...

Ok so now that we are talking testosterone..does opiates hijack this shit or am I just getting older? I hear on radio all day "get your life back, do you have fatigue, belly fat, low libido, or ED? Testosterone replacement will bring back the energy and better mood" ....after hearing all this sometimes I can't help but wonder, am I using opioids just to get my testosterone flowing or whatever? Is this all I need, some testosterone script?
I doubt it.

Never thought of rage on them but I guess I kind of do but mostly because I am having a fit for doing more than planned or already contemplating about reaching for the next all while worried about tomorrow, therefore pisses me off.

Maybe it's the pain in the ass of scoring that creates these opi rages yall speak of?

Ok so now that we are talking testosterone..does opiates hijack this shit or am I just getting older? I hear on radio all day "get your life back, do you have fatigue, belly fat, low libido, or ED? Testosterone replacement will bring back the energy and better mood" ....after hearing all this sometimes I can't help but wonder, am I using opioids just to get my testosterone flowing or whatever? Is this all I need, some testosterone script?
I doubt it.

Never thought of rage on them but I guess I kind of do but mostly because I am having a fit for doing more than planned or already contemplating about reaching for the next all while worried about tomorrow, therefore pisses me off.

Maybe it's the pain in the ass of scoring that creates these opi rages yall speak of?
It's definitely not just the pain in the ass of scoring as I've experienced this even when I had ready access to an almost infinite supply of opioids and also while my T levels were indeed fine. I'm sure both of these things are definite factors though.

I have a problem with getting pissed off at people but I attributed it to my morphine not taking my pain away well enough. I hurt SO BAD and the meds aren't taking care of the pain. I think I'm a ultra metabolizer and the meds never get high enough in my blood stream to get rid of the pain. This is what I think according to all the research I've done. I've not heard of opiod anger but I don't know anyone who is addicted to opiods either. In fact I don't have any friends and my anger is part of the problem when I do find a friend. The other part is I just don't have the energy to go out.

Tell me more about opiods and rage

I doubt it.

Opiods affect calcium your sex drive and testosterone levels I have no idea how. I thout it was my ssri but wen I stopped them first things my Dr asked me was I still taking high doses of dhidrocoden soz for grammar and spelling dislexik using phone and autocorrect 😅

Folks,

This is related to the SNRI effects of the tramadol.(EDIT: Reading comments it sounds like dsmt might actually be an NDRI) Tramadol was the first drug i ever abused. My DOG got 300 50mg tabs a month. I used to stash handfuls and handfuls. Parents never noticed until one day my dad looked in the bottle and was reluctant to accuse me but asked me anyway. I told him thats absurd that i would take doggy medicine😂).

But it gave me the worst and scariest rage in the world. I mean i am talking, i had a problem folks..i was that one that exploded and yelled so hard my throat would get a bit torn. Thank God, me, whoever, the rage went away after i matured a bit more and focused on resolving my temperament issues(thank you dmt, lsd, mushrooms, ketamine). Tramadol is notorious for causing bad tempers, and in fact this is really common with any opiate, but it is much worse with tramadol because of all the excess noradrenaline that builds up in the synapses.

Well when I used to get it with kratom I'd take magnesium glycinate beforehand, it helped a lot. I don't usually get rage from kratom anymore but I can get agitated by small things sometimes. Maybe kratom rage is similar to tramadol as I believe it has some kind of SSRI activity, not sure. I just know it completely eliminates brain zaps from SSRI/SNRI withdrawal.

Well when I used to get it with kratom I'd take magnesium glycinate beforehand, it helped a lot. I don't usually get rage from kratom anymore but I can get agitated by small things sometimes. Maybe kratom rage is similar to tramadol as I believe it has some kind of SSRI activity, not sure. I just know it completely eliminates brain zaps from SSRI/SNRI withdrawal.
Yes, in fact some fancy shmancy scientist/doctor made an article about how he believes mitragynine(kratom) is just a shitty version of tramadol, and that kratom should be banned because, well, we already have tramadol. Very stupid and narrow sighted view, but he is kinda right only because yes, kratom's alkaloids have very strong adrenergic and noragrenergic properties, similar to trammys.

Interesting. It definitely shouldn't be banned, and I'm glad we've come so far in managing to not ban it (yet) but who knows, it can't stay this way forever. I'm grateful for kratom, it comes in handy whether I'm in physical or mental pain or just want to feel good. Safest opioid in the world for sure, especially since it's antagonism cancels out its own effects if you take too much, and also will totally cancel out the effects of other opiates. I experienced this while on Oxy after sinus surgery last May. If I took an Oxy with kratom, the Oxy would not work. If I took the Oxy first, and a very small like, 1g dose of kratom, then I'd get a little potentiation. I don't think tramadol has that quality of antagonism.

Hi, kinda late to the party but I can strongly relate to the topic ; and guess which compound is my Opi-of-choice? It’s ODmfSMT! Real Bingo ladies and gentlemen. So anyone found the antidote yet? Less is more works for me. It’s just that more is simply more than less and sometimes discipline has to go out the window

The antidote is magnesium, forreal. Glycinate is best as it's non-laxative and glycine itself is very relaxing. Helps potentiate effects for some/reduce tolerance as well. Potentiation never happened for me, I suppose a bit more sedation just from the glycine. Magnesium L-theronate is also good, not sedating, more of a nootropic type, but these are both the most bioavailable forms of it. Citrate is also good and relaxing I've found, especially on the muscles, but it can make you shit which honestly a lot of opioid users would benefit from. Opioids deplete your body of magnesium on top of that so everyone who uses opioids, kratom, oxy, whatever, should take citrate or something, IMO. Probably 70% of Americans are magnesium deficient to an extent and have no idea.

The ones that do find out, like myself years back, find that it can cause extreme psychosis. I remember getting magnesium citrate "calm" gummies because I heard it can reduce tolerance, and like, 30 minutes later, I felt the most normal I'd felt in months, I could not fucking believe it. Apparently THC can deplete magnesium as well. I don't know if this has been scientifically proven, but a lot of cannabis users reached a point where they felt paranoid a lot high or not. Some who'd get paranoid just high would take magnesium an hour or so before they smoked and they'd have a good high. This is something that actually a ton of people have anecdotally reported, so I think there's some truth that maybe excess THC can speed up an already low level of magnesium. Perhaps it's smoke in particular, or the anxiolytic effect of the magnesium was directly responsible.

But yea, seriously, magnesium. I haven't felt any type of agitation from kratom ever since I started using it. I use L-theronate usually during the day, glycinate at night since it's sedating and great for sleep and muscle relaxation. Although, the calm citrate gummies relax my muscles even more, which they shouldn't... Only the gummies too. I've gotten the calm brand in powder form and it didn't offer the same result.

The antidote is magnesium, forreal. Glycinate is best as it's non-laxative and glycine itself is very relaxing. Helps potentiate effects for some/reduce tolerance as well. Potentiation never happened for me, I suppose a bit more sedation just from the glycine. Magnesium L-theronate is also good, not sedating, more of a nootropic type, but these are both the most bioavailable forms of it. Citrate is also good and relaxing I've found, especially on the muscles, but it can make you shit which honestly a lot of opioid users would benefit from. Opioids deplete your body of magnesium on top of that so everyone who uses opioids, kratom, oxy, whatever, should take citrate or something, IMO. Probably 70% of Americans are magnesium deficient to an extent and have no idea.

The ones that do find out, like myself years back, find that it can cause extreme psychosis. I remember getting magnesium citrate "calm" gummies because I heard it can reduce tolerance, and like, 30 minutes later, I felt the most normal I'd felt in months, I could not fucking believe it. Apparently THC can deplete magnesium as well. I don't know if this has been scientifically proven, but a lot of cannabis users reached a point where they felt paranoid a lot high or not. Some who'd get paranoid just high would take magnesium an hour or so before they smoked and they'd have a good high. This is something that actually a ton of people have anecdotally reported, so I think there's some truth that maybe excess THC can speed up an already low level of magnesium. Perhaps it's smoke in particular, or the anxiolytic effect of the magnesium was directly responsible.

But yea, seriously, magnesium. I haven't felt any type of agitation from kratom ever since I started using it. I use L-theronate usually during the day, glycinate at night since it's sedating and great for sleep and muscle relaxation. Although, the calm citrate gummies relax my muscles even more, which they shouldn't... Only the gummies too. I've gotten the calm brand in powder form and it didn't offer the same result.
Hmm. I take magnesium due to stimulant use. And because i actively work out most days. i'll have to try to take note of this when I take it.

Found out that the rage really is a symptom of WD. Magnesiumoxide is in my stack and helps massively with opioid-constipation. Glycinate having calling effects has been discussed a lot on here and elsewhere so anecdotally it seems to work.

My way is to taper down over nine weeks and assisting the taper with kratom. Four weeks to go until zero mg of O-DSMT. It’s bearable but no walk in the park. Often MXP is my rescue when WD is too intense. For sleep it’s cannabis/ hhc combined with GHB or ECX. Have Gaboxadol in my stash but it‘s too precious to waste it on the taper.

Found out that the rage really is a symptom of WD. Magnesiumoxide is in my stack and helps massively with opioid-constipation. Glycinate having calling effects has been discussed a lot on here and elsewhere so anecdotally it seems to work.

My way is to taper down over nine weeks and assisting the taper with kratom. Four weeks to go until zero mg of O-DSMT. It’s bearable but no walk in the park. Often MXP is my rescue when WD is too intense. For sleep it’s cannabis/ hhc combined with GHB or ECX. Have Gaboxadol in my stash but it‘s too precious to waste it on the taper.
Magnesium oxide is a blessing for sure. Helps more with constipation that Magnesium citrate and similar formulations

Opioids tend to make me short tempered and irritable.

I take 400mg of magnesium glycinate every night but I still get symptoms of opiate rage with kratom. I was deficient in magnesium at one point but I don't get those symptoms now, just the anger when using kratom leaf. I don't seem to get the symptoms with extract though