• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tricks to prevent opiate rage?

ItsclearlyFake

Bluelighter
I usually take o-dsmt when I go out to hang out/party because it makes me social and easy-going. Works like a charm, however when it starts to comedown I start to get super angry, just at almost anything. Tonight when I was driving back home I started shouting my phone (well actually the music App of my phone) because it would not shuffle the songs I wanted to. yeah, that's how fucking insane the opi rage is.

At home when Im on my own its not such a big deal but when I'm still with people its kinda sucks because it can make me start behaving like an antisocial dick. (which is weird when first into the night I started like a chill-positive-joyful dude LOL).

Honestly, I found that opiate rage comes at par with how much relaxation/stimulating ratio is producing the drug. I find that the more stimulating % the most probable rage is going to happen.

With o-dsmt it's tricky because for me it's from beginning to end a purely stimulant opiate. So I guess my question is, is there any tricks, like foods, veberages, supplements, herbal stuff, plants...etc that can null this rage edge off?

Wow, I never heard of this phenomenon yet. Is this a common thing? It is with stimulants which cause a rebound specially for but not limited to ADHD people which is annoying and unnerving but opioids tend to be very smooth as long as one isn't physically addicted to them. Do you get the same with e.g. morphine as well or is it related to O-DSMT which is had additional activities beyond being a mu agonist?

Maybe a small dosage of some NMDA receptor antagonist (dissociative) like memantine or deschloroketamine taken together with the O-DSMT might aid. It will also limit tolerance development.

It is very common. I get pissed off of people on opis every now and then, too. I have read many people talking about opiate irritability. I don't know if causality is proven but I guess it is because of gaba inhibition. Mirtazapine irritability seems to have something common with opi irritability and that is gaba-inhibiting too.
So, as potentially dangerous as it is, doing some comprehensive pro-gaba-agent should ease it. In theory.

Wow, I never heard of this phenomenon yet. Is this a common thing?
Yeah, it really is. I used to get this. Its not even necessarily during the comedown, it can come right in the middle of the high. Somebody might just say something and you just get so irritated by it that it ruins your whole mood.

Don't know if I really have a trick for it... other than just avoid getting into situations that could set you off. It also depends a lot of the opioid. Like, for me, oxy does this more than the other types, which was one of the reasons why it wasn't exactly my DOC.

I had some weird side effects from strong mu agonists (auditory hallucinations which I thought might be due to GABA disinhibition), so this is proven that opioids lower GABA activity? Interesting. But I never got any rage or similar from any opioid, rather calming and depressive effects.

Are you antisocial in personality?.. I have only seen this once.

Edit: and my question is purely curiosity.. so obviously answer if you feel comfortable. I had a long, but shallow relationship with her. idk but I think fear plays a huge part and possibly the release of fear, due to opiates, could facilitate the rage. It appeared more than rage though.. it was like a demon was uncaged, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
yeah I know but is it relevant difference?
If not for it is obvious that I am personality disordered dick.

Are you antisocial in personality?.. I have only seen this once.

Edit: and my question is purely curiosity.. so obviously answer if you feel comfortable. I had a long, but shallow relationship with her. idk but I think fear plays a huge part and possibly the release of fear, due to opiates, could facilitate the rage. It appeared more than rage though.. it was like a demon was uncaged, if that makes sense.
I don't know exactly what does it mean antisocial personality.

If you mean difficulty in empathising with others and following the law, I would say pretty confidently that No.

If you mean having problems with connecting and trusting others, I would say yes.
. Do you get the same with e.g. morphine as well or is it related to O-DSMT which is had additional activities beyond being a mu agonist?

Maybe a small dosage of some NMDA receptor antagonist (dissociative) like memantine or deschloroketamine taken together with the O-DSMT might aid. It will also limit tolerance development.
I haven't tried morphine so I couldn't tell you. With oxycodone also happens but in a lesser way for sure.

Yeah, it really is. I used to get this. Its not even necessarily during the comedown, it can come right in the middle of the high. Somebody might just say something and you just get so irritated by it that it ruins your whole mood.

Don't know if I really have a trick for it... other than just avoid getting into situations that could set you off. It also depends a lot of the opioid. Like, for me, oxy does this more than the other types, which was one of the reasons why it wasn't exactly my DOC.
Yeap you right it doesn't have to happen at the comedown particularly it can also happens at the middle of the high...and indeed it can ruin the whole high lol 🤣

Do people still abuse opiates these days? I think the syringe days are long gone....at least for me.

tbf, lowering dosage. that is what decreses it for me. as i've gotten older in life, i FAR prefer a functional pain free/mentally together experience to being blasted and nodding. i never get truly pissed unless i am actually super high on opes, which i do not allow myself to do anymore.

…but taking them orally are here to stay :)
I liked to extract and snort my morphine. The capsules they have in the EU can be extracted very simply. Somehow I got less tolerance issues by snorting than when used orally. The high was a bit different as well, even though intranasal has a poor bioavailability which isn't higher than orally but as the nasal route prevents first pass metabolism it might still be stronger. Nasal had a pronounced stimulatory (histaminergic?) effect on me while oral was more sedating.

I liked to extract and snort my morphine. The capsules they have in the EU can be extracted very simply. Somehow I got less tolerance issues by snorting than when used orally. The high was a bit different as well, even though intranasal has a poor bioavailability which isn't higher than orally but as the nasal route prevents first pass metabolism it might still be stronger. Nasal had a pronounced stimulatory (histaminergic?) effect on me while oral was more sedating.

That was my experience too. I don’t believe the bioavailability bit despite what the literature says, it’s at least double the potency of oral for me. But yea nasal was always the way for me with morphine.

As for opiate rage, I used to get it. Not as bad as time went on but my first oxy experience I was screaming at people for no reason.

-GC

The NDRI activity of o-DSMT might have something to do with it, not sure. Did you try a diff opi?

The NDRI activity of o-DSMT might have something to do with it, not sure. Did you try a diff opi?
Yeah, I still can get opi-rage on others but on o-dsmt its definitely x10 easier to get it ... . It must be the NDRI activity then!

Yeah, I still can get opi-rage on others but on o-dsmt its definitely x10 easier to get it ... . It must be the NDRI activity then!
IME odsmt is basically a speedball in of itself and most NDRI/NDRA's make me very irritable which is def more noticeable on odsmt compared to say morphine. Other factor could also be the influence of opioids on your sex hormones like surpressing the amount of testosterone in your body which can make you irritable (though I think thats more of a concern with long term use > 2 weeks)