• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Research Trends in Drug Overdose Deaths Among US Adolescents, January 2010 to June 2021

jasperkent

Bluelighter
I'm getting really pissed off about the ubiquity of fentanyl. Here's the latest:

Edit: Sorry, you can't access the entire article unless you're with a JAMA-associated institution. The gist of it is that fent is in every goddamn thing. And while drug use among adolescents is actually down overall, OD deaths are up. I guess what bothers me the most is that it shows up in drugs that aren't even sold as opioids. It just makes no sense-- ethically, of course, but even from a purely business perspective.
WTF???

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't the US launching drone strikes on these mexican fent labs? What's mexico going to do about it? Nothing.

Why isn't the US launching drone strikes on these mexican fent labs? What's mexico going to do about it? Nothing.
i don't think this would make any difference

we tried to eradicate coca farming with aerial crop dusting. that didn't work. production just got squeezed into new areas.

supply side reduction is just typically not effective

I'm totally fed up with the entire fent thing. I've heard that it even occasionally pops up in weed, for fuck's sake!
Glad I grow my own. Mine's organic, too!

we tried to eradicate coca farming with aerial crop dusting. that didn't work. production just got squeezed into new areas.

Yeah, and I remember the paraquat fiasco.
Pretty sure I smoked some of that toxic Mexican weed in the 70s.
Thanks, feds, for poisoning my otherwise relatively harmless herb!
Fucking assholes.

Disagree

Look what happened when ISIS gained all that territory

There was lots of airstrikes on them which reduced them to an insurgency

Disagree

Look what happened when ISIS gained all that territory

There was lots of airstrikes on them which reduced them to an insurgency
Well the difference between ISIS and Mexican cartels is that one of them has a massive market demand to drive them

ISIS did not have the profit incentive that cartels do.

I'm totally fed up with the entire fent thing. I've heard that it even occasionally pops up in weed, for fuck's sake!
Glad I grow my own. Mine's organic, too!
I’ve heard of it in weed too but I’m still skeptical

Those claims tend to come from ill informed police chiefs

I can’t remember any case where lab testing actually found fent in marijuana

But yeah, homegrown is still way better

Even if it’s not fent, you still can avoid pesticides and what not