• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tremors induced by subst. Does Parkinson's play a role in future?

MtnHi92

Greenlighter
4 years ago I came off a hard opiod addiction that started at prescription but turned into heavy heroin dependancy that spanned a total of around 2 years. Once i had enough of bein the miserable sicko I had become, I took my stash of money and went on a high dollar cocaine spree to stay half way functionable from the WDs from the tar.
I was to sick to snort it so I smoked sheet after sheet after shee....etc. This lasted for about 10 days with no sleep and maybe some couple pieces of toast..and I'm talking sheets one after another. By the end of it I was so strung out that anytime I would take a hit from the foil, my arms, head, and a bit in my legs would start shaking..not quite seizing but definitely tremors that were uncontrollable and made me think i was done for. I laid off for a bit that night but even after a few hours went by i took two big rips and felt the shake coming again.. Needless to say I left my appt and went back to family to get straight after that night.

I've never consulted a doc about that night but conscience gets to me wondering if I didn't cause permanent damage? Or that Parkinson's is in my genes and whatever happened that night gave me a glimpse of that? Probably nothing I need to know but you know i still want to.
Any info or ideas would be nice thanks

A stim binge causes your body to release tons of noradrenaline, so it's only natural that you'll start shaking. Especially if the noradrenergic rush is compounded by having your nervous system be dysregulated by sleep deprivation.

But no, you didn't give yourself Parkinson's. Plenty of people start shaking after chugging one too many Redbulls while pulling an all-nighter, or when they're just highly anxious during an exam.

I mean... you could argue that all those neurotransmitters floating during a stim binge might cause *some* level of neurotoxicity (especially when you're on a "releasing agent"-type stim ? la meth), but certainly not enough to instantly give you Parkinson's. The main problem with stim binges is still that you'll have a high chance of fucking up your life due to acute paranoia, aggressive or reckless behavior and generally neglecting your social or professional responsibilities.

Shakes are one thing and still get them quite often whether using or not but what I felt that night was my best imagination of how Parkinson's would feel..totally lost control of my arms, my girlfriend had to hold them down to keep me from going full out seizure. Something about it was unique and will forever haunt me.
What worries me still, every now and then when I've been vegetable status on the couch and suddenly get up (we all know the headrush) things go black and i can sense that feeling coming on to where I have to take a knee because its completely disabling for just a moment. Only way to truly know is to take it to the docs, I understand that but I like to hear fellow hypothesis that may one day be the advice that someone else can take into consideration when going on a binder.. Stay safe folks

What worries me still, every now and then when I've been vegetable status on the couch and suddenly get up (we all know the headrush) things go black and i can sense that feeling coming on to where I have to take a knee because its completely disabling for just a moment. Only way to truly know is to take it to the docs, I understand that but I like to hear fellow hypothesis that may one day be the advice that someone else can take into consideration when going on a binder.. Stay safe folks
This sounds like low blood pressure from deconditioning, my advice is lots of cardio while eating plenty. Chronic deconditioning is really important to get through with cardio. Deconditioning is a common side effect of sleep deprivation and malnutrition. Nothing that can't be undone though.

Try to set aside those Parkinson's fears, the shakes you were experiencing were a very different matter. Stress/sleep deprivation/malnutrition/crack use and anyone can get shaking and whatnot, especially when you're kinda still in heroin withdrawal.

CY