View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Treating Psychedelic Nausea

StudebakerHawk

Bluelighter
Hi , I often get nausea after taking psychs , esp shrooms , but sometimes even with LSD ....

I have an anti - nausea medication , tablets containing something called APO - METOCLOPRAMIDE .

Wondering if this stuff might be helpful if pre - dosing before taking psychs ? Anyone know ? Thanks . 8(

Have you tried being sick? In my experience the people who have issues are the people who try to avoid being sick. I always just let it straight out, and I never have any problems.

have you tried taking the shrooms on a empty stomach.
swim have always been taking shrooms when i havent eaten for at least 6-8 hours and swim never had a problem.
have seen some friends get nausia and even vomiting, when they took them on an empty stomach :)

Last edited:
I get it with mushrooms, I can't be much help around the best medication, but for easy stomach mushrooms, make a tea. Mix in your ground up mushrooms, ginger root, and a tea of your choice. Then get some of those chewable papaya enzymes and have those as well. Take with your other medication if you want to be sure?

I find that during the come up I get almost like a motion sickness type of thing where if i am sitting i am fine but if I start moving around i feel sick. It lasts for like 30-45 minutes during the come up only. So like 30 minutes after i drop and then until i am done coming up once i am at the peak i no longer get it. Its almost like the come up is "too quick and makes my brain dizzy" When I first started taking acid my then g/fs mother was a doctor so she had a bag of prescription meds, nothing like opiates or benzos but functional items mainly zofran that stuff worked wonders but its a higher end chemo patient type anti nausea med.

I find if i plan for it I have no problems. Sure it can make thing difficult but to be honest i always loved arriving at the peak, so like going to the party or club already tripping. I am like 110% myself on acid so i have no problems behaving like i would if not with even more wit then usual except on the come up. I get confused easily and distracted and its best to sit around by myself until i am there.

But i would try OTC stuff like peptobismuth and dramamine they may really solve the issues

Thanks for the replies ...
It usually passes after a while , except with the LSZ and AL - LAD , neither of which i can tolerate at all it seems - with those I really suffer .
Once I purge though it is fine with all the others ; only I would prefer to avoid it entirely . May test those tablets someday , but kind of afraid thet may make it worse by preventing vomiting .

Zofran (ondansetron). Psychedelic nausea is caused by 5-ht3 agonism; Zofran's 5-ht3 antagonism directly counteracts it. I can say from experience that it works very well.

GINGER! Ginger is also a 5-ht3 partial agonist and it helps so so much with nausea from psychs. I used to puke every time I took acid, now it's maybe one in four or five times.