• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Treating Opiate OD with cocaine or bupe?

Brutal BMW Driver

Bluelighter
Hi,

Just for future reference, assuming no help is available, would cocaine or buprenorphine be of any use as a last resort effort in treating an opiate OD? (Oxy, H, etc)

Thanks for your advice

Definitely definitely do not rely on coke to reverse an opiate OD. Bupe is better the only problem is that it'll take a little while to kick in and if you don't administer a high enough dose you won't know for at least 15 min. Meanwhile the person is dying, so maybe administering bupe on the way to the nearest emergency responder wouldn't be a bad idea, I wouldn't rely on bupe alone.

Firefighter/Paramedic here. If you are unable to get Narcan, you should by a BVM (bag valve mask) and an OPA/NPA (oropharyngeal/nasopharyngeal airway). If someone overdoses near you, like a friend... and you cant give Narcan. Get the OPA and/or NPA put in inside the person's mouth and/or nose and start breathing for them with the BVM. Buying a manual hand operated suction pump is good too, to help prevent aspiration if the person vomits (its cheap as well). ALWAYS call 911. We DONT care if drugs are on scene, we also DONT tell Law Enforcement either.

I think buying those few things would be better than cocaine or bupe. You can also reuse them if cleaned properly.

The bupe works. Its fucking brutal though. I would have rather gone to the hospital than be injected with IV bupe after a large dose of H. Utter horror

ALWAYS call 911. We DONT care if drugs are on scene, we also DONT tell Law Enforcement either.

the problem is that a law enforement officer also shows up due to the 911 call and then starts looking for drugs instead of helping the victim (yes i have seen this). The cop got to the scene before the ambulance. My friend was dying in front of us...the cop, instead of helping me with CPR, was searching the house illegally and questioning me and my friends wife and looking at our pupils while someone was on the floor dying.

I would still recommend calling the ambulance over the IV bupe. I have never had narcan, but if the fact that the bupe has a higher affinity for recpetors than naloxone, than I imagine it feels worse than the narcan. It was a nightmare. If someone is ODing and you have no narcan then call an ambulance please. This is not a "home remedy" topic. The only home remedy is a narcan injection. I advise against the bupe and DEFINITELY dont use coke for God's sake.

the problem is that a law enforement officer also shows up due to the 911 call and then starts looking for drugs instead of helping the victim (yes i have seen this). The cop got to the scene before the ambulance. My friend was dying in front of us...the cop, instead of helping me with CPR, was searching the house illegally and questioning me and my friends wife and looking at our pupils while someone was on the floor dying.

What do you mean they always show up? When we respond to calls, LEO only comes with us on very SPECIFIC types of calls. For example: gunshots, assaults, MVCs (for traffic control), cardiac arrests, etc.

So you're saying LEO always gets dispatched to medical calls with Fire/Rescue? Thats very weird if so. LOL