• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Treating addiction with Psilocybin Mushrooms-one more thread?

Phase0)))

Bluelighter
Hello all,

now I know there are a lot of forums with this topic and much research into it as well. But I wanted to get a personal opinion for me and my intentions as well as some success stories with people like me.

So the first thing to mention is that I am 16 months clean, so it's not like I am detoxing or in early recovery. I've worked my 12 steps and am about to start working with sponsee's.

But I still somewhat desire a trip on mushrooms, this time with only positive intentions, of course in a controlled environment with my friends, who are experienced with psychedelics. I still suffer from some depression and a good amount of anxiety, and desire one big spiritual experience, so these are my main motivators. And if I somehow have a bad trip, then I will not do it again.

Is this a bad idea? I feel pretty confident that it would be a positive experience, but was wondering of other peoples opinions. As well as some success stories that I would like to hear.

Thank you

firstly you do know that psychedelics aren't miracle workers right? they're tools in my opinion. you can use them to help you overcome different mind sets as they sort of reset the brain. well this is how it's been for me.

i've used LSD to help me stop irresponsibly abusing coke. it wasn't any HUGE experience or anything. was just 1 tab. throughout the trip i'd contemplate my usage of cocaine. psychedelics can make other drugs seem pointless. they basically take me up on a high horse of thinking lowly of using other drugs and whether that mindset remains or not was ALWAYS up to me. only YOU can help yourself.

with that being said, the attempt worked and i was able to turn down cocaine when it presented itself. the main problem was resisting it when under the influence of alcohol.

you seem very confident that this attempt will work and be positive so this will help.

what you do learn and discover about yourself during that trip is what you gotta implement into your life. that's the only time it'll be effective imo. you can understand exactly why doing drugs again will be bad and etc but it's useless unless you implement the ideas.

good luck. mushrooms are a beast.

Yeah. Go ahead and do it. That's my opinion.

Ironically it was psilocybin that got me into using lots of drugs. That was my first illegal drug (besides marijuana) and I liked it a lot, and afterwards thought, "hmm, that was pretty fun, I wonder if all these other illegal drugs are also fun...I guess there's only one way to find out!" :)

But there's promising research to suggest that psychedelic drugs can aid in combatting addiction. In conjunction with a genuine desire to end an addiction, of course...I've seen heavy "hard drug" users take psychedelics, have a good time, and then go right back to their drug of choice. So obviously it's not a panacea but it can help.

You should not need to take mushrooms in order to realize that sobriety is for you, and that you cannot use drugs again including the ones you were addicted to.

You also run the risk of going back into your addiction/drug of choice as the person above me posted.