• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trazodone Withdrawal??

markanders7

Bluelighter
I take up take 150 to 450mg of Trazodone a day/night.
I have just taken the last 100mg and cannot get access to more of them until my GP gets me another prescription on Monday.
Will I experience much withdrawal? There's little information out there about Trazodone abuse/addiction/withdrawal.
Once I went 32 hours; I felt sort-of empty, accompanied by a melancholy sadness. My hands and legs trembled pretty bad. However I cannot confirm whether these things were caused by the WD or if it was coincidental.

Anybody else gone through a similar experience?

You will probably experience some rebound depression/anxiety and not be able to sleep. Could become overly emotional. If I run out of my seroquel I become very sad and depressed....Cry about missing my ex, that sort of thing....It's nothing that's going to kill you, just suck.

You will probably experience some rebound depression/anxiety and not be able to sleep. Could become overly emotional. If I run out of my seroquel I become very sad and depressed....Cry about missing my ex, that sort of thing....It's nothing that's going to kill you, just suck.

I went through 6 weeks of hell when I cut out my methadone cold-turkey. And seizures etc while withdrawing from alcohol, If I made it through thenm, I guess I can do this too.

PS. I don not drink alcohol at all now.

PPS - I have Seroquel, Sertraline, Cyclizine, Tramadol, Keppra and Reglan if any of those would help.

Frankly this sounds more like it is related to your getting off methadone and than it does anything particularly inherent to trazadone use itself.

How long have you been using trazadone on a daily basis at those kinds of doses?

I have always found that when I slowly decrease my trazadone dosage (well, not necessarily that slowly, but spend a week at 150-300mg, the next week on 75mg, the following week 50mg, then nothing other than something like melatonin and/or propranolol) it isn't that hard to get back on track. Quality of sleep is kind shitty for a couple days and it can take longer to fall asleep, but it clearly up fairly quickly.

When I stopped taking trazadone all at once during methadone withdrawal it sucked infinitely more than when I stop taking it without also doing the whole withdrawal or tapering with anything else.

I went through 6 weeks of hell when I cut out my methadone cold-turkey. And seizures etc while withdrawing from alcohol, If I made it through thenm, I guess I can do this too.

PS. I don not drink alcohol at all now.

PPS - I have Seroquel, Sertraline, Cyclizine, Tramadol, Keppra and Reglan if any of those would help.

Seroquel will help

Why such a huge range 150-450mg? I'm not gunna lie your rapid withdrawal of powerful chemicals is kind of alarming. Just because you get sick if you stop a medication your taking large doses of doesn't make you addicted. If your taking it for depression stoping it may cause a depressive episode.

It's an anti-depressant and sleeping medication.

Anti-depressants do indeed come with withdrawal.. Not trying to scare you, but I hear bad horror stories from SSRI drug withdrawals.

I'm just trying to caution you.. Maybe the serequel will help.. if not.. I'd go with the TRAMADOL... Tramadol is also a anti-depressant.. also a Narcotic.

The Tramadol is a god send for you right now.. go with that!

Frankly this sounds more like it is related to your getting off methadone and than it does anything particularly inherent to trazadone use itself.

How long have you been using trazadone on a daily basis at those kinds of doses?

I have always found that when I slowly decrease my trazadone dosage (well, not necessarily that slowly, but spend a week at 150-300mg, the next week on 75mg, the following week 50mg, then nothing other than something like melatonin and/or propranolol) it isn't that hard to get back on track. Quality of sleep is kind shitty for a couple days and it can take longer to fall asleep, but it clearly up fairly quickly.

When I stopped taking trazadone all at once during methadone withdrawal it sucked infinitely more than when I stop taking it without also doing the whole withdrawal or tapering with anything else.

I came off Methadone 13 months ago so I can't imagine it would be related.

I've been on 300mg/day on average for about 4 months.
19 hours in and I don't feel too bad. I'm hoping my other meds (Sertraline, Quetiapine, Cyclizine, Tramadol) will help me not feel the withdrawal so soon.

Why such a huge range 150-450mg? I'm not gunna lie your rapid withdrawal of powerful chemicals is kind of alarming. Just because you get sick if you stop a medication your taking large doses of doesn't make you addicted. If your taking it for depression stoping it may cause a depressive episode.

I'm prescribed 150mg but I often take a lot more. My cousin has a script but hates the sedation and often gves mehers too. S I usually takequite a bit more than I'm sipposed to. Most night I'd say I take 300mg.
I'm hoping the SSRI will keep away the depression.

Be careful getting up your taking large doses of drugs that block alpha adrenic receptors which regulate your blood pressure . Also if you have hypotension taking these may cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure. Like my BP 100\70 so if I took those doses and stood up I'd probably faint and fall on my face.

Be careful getting up your taking large doses of drugs that block alpha adrenic receptors which regulate your blood pressure . Also if you have hypotension taking these may cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure. Like my BP 100\70 so if I took those doses and stood up I'd probably faint and fall on my face.

I faint a lot actually. Once my BP was so low they kept injecting me with (something?)in the ambulances. like they BROUGHT IT UP to 56/28 or something insane. I think I'd OD'd on codeine at the time, but that's a good point.
It's so common I've just normalized it into my daily life and never give it a second thought but I have to stand up VERY, VERY slowly or when I stand up I black out (unless I have time to volountarily drop to the floor). I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without sitting half-way so the black fuzziness goes away and my vision stops swimming.

I'm glad you mentioned BP actually. I have a Dr app this morning; I'm definitely going to mention it.

Dude I'm no ER doctor but I am pretty sure a BP of 56/28 is dying. At that point they prob where giving you adrenaline and atropine in large excess because if you don't get it up fast you'll die and at those numbers I think I was watching discovery health and a girl was going into shock the drugs that press your veins constricting them pressors like adrenaline and atropine made her heart shoot up to 160 BPM but they didn't care because her BP went back into a safe range.

Wtf, anything below like 90/60 can be dangerous as your brain, kidneys, liver etc don't get enough blood/oxygen
You should never take drugs that can lower your BP, like quetiapine

Wtf, anything below like 90/60 can be dangerous as your brain, kidneys, liver etc don't get enough blood/oxygen
You should never take drugs that can lower your BP, like quetiapine

I take 200mg of seroquel every night and have passed out from standing up too fast. I hate that it lowers my BP like that but there's nothing else I can take for my crippling anxiety. I can't even be prescribed benzos because I'm on bupe maintenance. I've had to go a few days without my seroquel before and it was honestly the most depressed and sad and anxious I've ever felt in my life. I was actually suicidal basically. I just kept thinking I didn't want to live anymore and deal with my depression.

I think the issue with mark here though isn't simply low blood pressure I have that and feel dizzy and sometimes need to put my head below my head then slowly stand. If his BP was really 56/28 after they gave him drugs to boost it prob adrenaline IV I'm no doctor but I'm almost positive that is dying low if not immediately treated

I take 200mg of seroquel every night and have passed out from standing up too fast. I hate that it lowers my BP like that but there's nothing else I can take for my crippling anxiety. I can't even be prescribed benzos because I'm on bupe maintenance. I've had to go a few days without my seroquel before and it was honestly the most depressed and sad and anxious I've ever felt in my life. I was actually suicidal basically. I just kept thinking I didn't want to live anymore and deal with my depression.

THIS is exactly how I felt. I ended up running out of Seroquel as well as Trazodone. I was really anxious. I couldn't sleep but just curled up in my bed anyway, genuinely considering suicide. I only got through it by counting the hours until I get my refill.

I think the issue with mark here though isn't simply low blood pressure I have that and feel dizzy and sometimes need to put my head below my head then slowly stand. If his BP was really 56/28 after they gave him drugs to boost it prob adrenaline IV I'm no doctor but I'm almost positive that is dying low if not immediately treated

I couldn't even sit up. Just lay there feeling like I was dying (maybe I was). They kept me in hospital overnight and stuff.

Ya as far as what I know it sounds like you where dying. Btw the reason you couldn't get up is probably because your BP was so low that it couldn't constrict ur veins when you stand to overcome gravity . I think it's called posteral orthostatic hypotension. It's common when I use too much nicotine due to a massive dialated of veins