Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Travelling overseas need advice

Highbiatch

Greenlighter
Hi all, I’m travelling to Fiji with my partner tonight and need to take cold with me. I’m very aware that if caught I’d be toast. What is the amount of any drug that you carry that would be considered “own use” and not trafficking please. Thx heaps.

Mate, if you move any illicit substances over international borders there is no 'own use' that is called drug trafficking.

I very strongly suggest you do not engage in this behaviour, unless you are willing to risk some extremely serious consequences that you may not be entirely please with.

Own use refers to Australia's specific drug laws which vary state to state where small amounts of each drug have been decriminalised and you'll get a fine, a slap on the wrist and maybe some drug court as a result.

If you go through customs with anything illegal on you which is a drug, you are trafficking narcotics over international borders and that is not just a crime, but a federal crime.

Is bringing the drugs really worth the possible sentence?

I don't actually know what substance cold is, and for future reference please refrain from using slang on the forums as people use different terms all over the world so it can be hard to identify what you're talking about.

If you mean Coke or meth, just don't bring it with you. Be a big boy and wear the comedown as a consequences of your actions.

If it's heroin you're in for a shit time and to be honest a bit of planning for this trip wouldn't have gone awry as you definitely could have reduced your use and planned a withdrawal.

Ketamine again just don't bring it.

MDMA don't bring it.

I'm sorry, but literally none of the consequences from not bringing a small amount of drugs with you which probably won't even last you the duration of your holiday are worse than being charged with a federal level criminal offence and potentially looking at 8-10 years behind bars.

I'm almost an admitted lawyer though, so I guess what the fuck would I know about crimes, punishment, sentencing, and what your life may be like if you do something as senseless as this.

No one on this forum will give you legitimate advice about how to commit a federal crime. We do harm reduction.

If you are deadset on doing this I suggest putting some money aside before you go for the criminal defence lawyer you will inevitably require.

I wouldnt even try bring small amounts of anything into the country its just not worth the trouble.If you have prescrition medication make sure you have up to date scripts for them some of them can get you into trouble as well.Respect the laws of the country your visiting is the best policy.I know its tempting but these days you can also be guaranteed that your contraband will be found ...travelling isnt like the old days of the 70s.Be safe be smart mate ...enjoy the holiday.

Mate, if you move any illicit substances over international borders there is no 'own use' that is called drug trafficking.

I very strongly suggest you do not engage in this behaviour, unless you are willing to risk some extremely serious consequences that you may not be entirely please with.

Own use refers to Australia's specific drug laws which vary state to state where small amounts of each drug have been decriminalised and you'll get a fine, a slap on the wrist and maybe some drug court as a result.

If you go through customs with anything illegal on you which is a drug, you are trafficking narcotics over international borders and that is not just a crime, but a federal crime.

Is bringing the drugs really worth the possible sentence?

I don't actually know what substance cold is, and for future reference please refrain from using slang on the forums as people use different terms all over the world so it can be hard to identify what you're talking about.

If you mean Coke or meth, just don't bring it with you. Be a big boy and wear the comedown as a consequences of your actions.

If it's heroin you're in for a shit time and to be honest a bit of planning for this trip wouldn't have gone awry as you definitely could have reduced your use and planned a withdrawal.

Ketamine again just don't bring it.

MDMA don't bring it.

I'm sorry, but literally none of the consequences from not bringing a small amount of drugs with you which probably won't even last you the duration of your holiday are worse than being charged with a federal level criminal offence and potentially looking at 8-10 years behind bars.

I'm almost an admitted lawyer though, so I guess what the fuck would I know about crimes, punishment, sentencing, and what your life may be like if you do something as senseless as this.

No one on this forum will give you legitimate advice about how to commit a federal crime. We do harm reduction.

If you are deadset on doing this I suggest putting some money aside before you go for the criminal defence lawyer you will inevitably require.
Thanks for your sound advice. No it’s not heroine because I’m methadone and taking a script with my takeaways which I did plan.
I will be a big girl and leave the ice at home. Thx for the advice. It changed my mind.

Thanks for your sound advice. No it’s not heroine because I’m methadone and taking a script with my takeaways which I did plan.
I will be a big girl and leave the ice at home. Thx for the advice. It changed my mind

I wouldnt even try bring small amounts of anything into the country its just not worth the trouble.If you have prescrition medication make sure you have up to date scripts for them some of them can get you into trouble as well.Respect the laws of the country your visiting is the best policy.I know its tempting but these days you can also be guaranteed that your contraband will be found ...travelling isnt like the old days of the 70s.Be safe be smart mate ...enjoy the holiday.
Thanks a bunch for not being an arshole with your advice which is why I posted, to get advice not a smack in the head. As I’ve mentioned in another reply I won’t be taking the ice with me. Cheers.

Congrats @Eligiu for talking a member out of spending the next 50 years in a Foreign prison. Well done.

Sometimes the autistic bluntness gets the point across very well, I didn't see a reason to mince words and I figure this was an appropriate occasion to tout being a soon to be barrister to give my words the weight they needed to talk someone out of doing something so unfathomably short sighted.

Telling someone they may as well spend part of their holiday money retaining a QC or SC high paid criminal defence lawyer to get them out of the shit with not just drug trafficking but international drug trafficking may not be the most polite way of going about it but I needed it to be very clear exactly what the consequences of the decision to go ahead with smuggling the drugs would be and informing the OP that he may as well retain his barrister before he even steps through the custom gates seems to have really nailed the point.

If I can't be a practicing lawyer currently due to my disabilities while I finish off my admission course, I can at least answer questions where I am permitted to give *that* kind of legal advice and help the public and do something good with my expensive education.

I will be a big girl and leave the ice at home. Thx for the advice. It changed my mind.

I am incredibly glad to hear you have made a smart decision regarding this. The ice will be with you when you return. So will your freedom as a not federal criminal.

Thank you for taking my advice seriously and understanding that it came from a place of wanting the best for you. The reason I mentioned being a lawyer soon was so that you knew I understand the laws around this and can tell you with certainty that you would not like the outcome.

I was very blunt with you, but I really just needed you to really understand what you were risking with this which is your freedom to not rot in a jail cell.

Hi all, I’m travelling to Fiji with my partner tonight and need to take cold with me. I’m very aware that if caught I’d be toast. What is the amount of any drug that you carry that would be considered “own use” and not trafficking please. Thx heaps.
Bringing a prohibited substance accross in ANY ammount is a serious charge.

"Importation of a border controlled substance" - is almost guaranteed jail time in most countries even if its half a gram.

Dont risk it mate!

They have cold/ice in Fiji they call it P or Shard on account of the Kiwi influence on Pacific island nations. Don't even think of trying to cold cop/score off a local outside of the beach resorts. Fiji is a poor and dangerous place. Chances of getting assaulted and robbed is high.

As others said getting caught at the airport with a stash of meth no matter how small is a sure fire way to end up on banged up abroad season 2023.

Fijians are lovely people tho if you respect the local laws.

Perhaps a traditional Kava drinking session is more the go unless of course if that's been made illegal recently?? Anyone know?

Cold/meth is not a physically addictive drug, so i don't understand why you say you need to take it with you. If it was H and you had no methadone i could understand the need, but would still highly suggest delaying any trip until you can travel legally. Great to see you took the other members advice. A couple of nights high is not worth years in jail or death.

I canceled a trip to Japan about 12 hours before leaving because i checked the net and realized i couldn't take methadone into the country. I was thinking about slipping the physeptone pills into a couple of Panadol packs, but in the end, decided that would look even worse if caught. It was better to just not go unfortunately