View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Traveling w/ LSD for multiple months

SKuM_mo

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight. First thread, first post.

I will be working at a wilderness camp in the United States this summer for multiple months, and will not have access to any public refrigerators / freezers / ice boxes / etc. for the entire duration. I plan on bringing with me a not insignificant quantity of LSD and MDMA. I am aware that the potency of LSD is significantly affected by direct sunlight, humidity, excessive exposure to air, and high temperatures; to my understanding, MDMA is significantly less sensitive to general exposure, although I'm not 100% sure about that (correct me if I'm wrong?) The wilderness camp I'm working at will be very warm, and I will be carrying the drugs with on my person throughout multiple week backpacking / MTB / rafting trips, etc.

Does anybody have any experience with how to transport the drugs without decreasing the potency? The obvious answers include keeping it dark and dry away from air in the bottom of my pack. I can imagine the summer heat permeating through about everything I own, though. At what temperature does LSD begin to break down over a long period of time? What would be the most efficient way to cool the stash without any actual access to coolants of any sort?

Cheers,
SKuM_mo

I've always kept my acid in the freezer. I won't allow it out of the freezer for a period longer than three hours (the time it takes me to drive from where I have to pick up to my residence). My guess is after a few weeks, you tabs would be useless. The MDMA I wouldn't be worried about though.

I've carried LSD for multiple months in conditions similar to what you describe. I believe that they did loose potency, but they certainly weren't useless by the end, and the potency loss could have been more a case of my own tolerance building. Fold the tabs into tinfoil, put them in an airtight ziplock along with tons of silica gel packets, then put that inside another ziplock. Keep it in a part of your backpack that will be as far from where the sun beats down as possible, and as far from your body heat as possible. I didn't even store it in conditions that good (my tabs got a bit humid) and my tabs did fine.

Just keep them bone dry, and out of the light, and I think you'll be very glad you brought them to all of the beautiful places.

using one of those metal water bottles might be pretty choice in your situation. Along with the all the precautions perpetualdawn took you should be totally fine.
31vtzixShvL._SY300_.jpg

Have fun :)

My brother borrowed a cd many years ago and travelled around the world, from Europe to SE Asia for a year. When he returned I informed him there was two tabs tucked deep into the sleeve of the booklet. They would have sat on hot tarmacs and all sorts of humidity but they worked plenty fine at the end. Direct sunlight and moisture are worse than elevated temps. Wrap them tight in foil and store in a water tight baggy and I'm sure they will last the few months of summer