View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

trauma from acid trip? help

81roby

Greenlighter
Okkay so ama do acid on tuesday nightt for the first time and my friend told me that if I have a bad trip I could be in a insane trauma for life, and that i could be stuck thinking about my trip for life or have a insane different view of reality.

Does any one know what he meant by me bein stuck thinking about my trip and is that true? Thanks

Your friend obviously knows very little about psychedelics.

To answer question, no. You won't be think about one trip for your entire life, the trip might bring to light things you may have not realized or noticed before, and naturally that will carry on with you, but this is usually a positive rather than a negative.

Do your research my friend, everytime I tried something new in my youth I would research it throughout before I'd ingest it, I'd have some idea of what should and could happen. I will say if the dose is reasonable and the setting is comfy, the likelihood of you having a bad trip is low on LSD.

Welcome to Bluelight :) have fun and be safe

don't worry too much, but keep in mind that bad experiences can happen, most important is how one deals with the experience afterwards. if integrated right, a horrible experience can bring on something good as well.

keep your set and setting in check (if you don't know what that means, check it out), and you'll probably have a good experience :)

My bad-trips did more for me, than any of my 'happy'-trips. Sure it took me a while before I was able to figure out what they were about, and started 'transformation', but when I did I grew a lot.

Great friend you have. Running round spreading fear into you.

Let me tell you about my first trip. There was a moment, a single moment, where it began to set in what was about to happen to me. In this moment I had time to think, "OH GOD. PLEASE, NO." And then it tossed my consciousness against the wall of the universe so hard it shattered into ten trillion shards.

Years after it was over, shockwaves from that trip continue to reverberate through my life. The undulations became subtler with time, but even now, if I tune in, I can recognise it. There were times I wondered if I ever really did come back from it. I eventually found peace with that paranoia when I realised that I didn't.

And it's great. :)

EDIT: and to clarify, no you are not going to lose your mind if you take LSD in a responsible manner, which includes research, an appropriate beginner's dose and ideal set and setting. However, even then, during the experience itself ANYTHING could happen. There's really no telling for someone who's never tried it before. There are simply too many variables. It's a truly alien landscape. Others in the thread are saying not to stress which is fine; I simply want to add the caveat from my own experience, don't take it too lightly either.

Last edited: