• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Trapped in the Nightmare of Eternal Limbo

Its weird. I wouldn't really want to hitchhike in Australia (though I have) USA or UK but wouldn't really feel that way about your standard European hitchhiker-collector. Perhaps less serial killers?

I agree.

I have no interest in hitch-hiking in Australia or the USA (The UK is fine in my opinion). But i found in Europe, especially in the east.. it's a very common method of travel and there's a strong culture for it - people help each other out. I would guess that sense of friendliness and community among each other is maybe a remnant of the communist-era where everyone had to rely on each other. I hitch-hiked through Hungary, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia, Montengero and Albania. Never took more then five minutes of waiting.. - i even had a family with a ten year old son give me a ride, people are very open too it.

In fact in Albania, it's so common (their infrastructure is fucked) that it took me less then ten seconds for someone to pull over. And he went on to buy me and the friend i was hitching with a coffee and soft drink at a local cafe because we were 'guests' in his country, no hidden agenda.. really nice dude that spoke not a word of English.

Last edited: