• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trapped been fighting for years, hopeless near point of giving up, just reaching out

crisler

Bluelighter
As some of you know from mypost about a year ago I had a bad experience with coming off of tramadol. I had been taking it 1 and a half years at 300mg daily. I triedto quit lost my job, went through 4 days of absolute hell, my parents and friends had no contact with me everything was on airplane mode, I could not handle the withdrawals the constant agony and twitching (myclonic leg twitches) and the brain zaps. I took 50mg on day 4 and quickly not even an hour later started to feel so much better not high or anything just coming back to sanity. So I gave up and started using it once more.

Its now november 2017 and Im trying once again to get off, tough it thru and get to the other side but I didnt last 2 days I called off from work I have alot of annual leave saved just for this period to quit this drug and stay home but the clocks ticking im feeling hopeless depressed this is a weird cry for help i dont know what I wish to achieve typing this. Maybe writing this gives me some kind of comfort somehow. I have 5 days left to do this meaning tomorrow I cant use. How do you do this how does anyone get off a drug this hell is too much you guys are strong as hell mentally and physically i will applaud and commend anyone who has ever done this successfully. Im not trying to spark anything by this last remark Im ok im not seeking attention please Im not suicidal dont worry, but I have this weird consistent thought about 48 hours in when things get bad w/d, that I could end my life I have guns maybe I wrote about this before last year too. I always think man just shooting myself side of the head is easier than this 100 hours of agony counting hour by hour just curled up cant hold down a sip of juice running my a/c on full blast then turning the heater on because Im hot and im cold.

Sorry if this is abad post, it just felt really good to write I guess Im at a vulnerable time right now so just doing weird things that help me.

How much are you using each day now? Can you get yourself a doctor to help you detox? Gapabentin, clonidine and diazepam will make a hell of a lot of difference. An antidepressant like bupropion may also help, but the gabapentin, clonidine and diazepam are the most useful.

Also remember tramadol isn't just an opposite, but an anti depressant via SNRI effect. Maybe ask a doctor for an SNRI to take during the opiate withdrawals that you can stop after the withdrawals as there will be discontinuation effects from stopping the SNRI activity

I often see people recommend snris for tramadol WD, but it will take weeks for it to start working, and you generally can't take it while youre taking the tramadol. The only exception might be buproprion which has a pretty unique moa. If you want to use an antidepressant to get off tramadol, you have to come up with a very well-thought plan with your doctor. It's quite possible that getting on an SNRI immediately after stopping tramadol could make the depression much worse.

Have you tried tapering? That's probably your best bet

You also have to be careful with mixing an SSRI or SNRI with the tramadol. If you happen to get on some other medication and then proceed to relapse you could be at a risk of sezuires from mixing the two medications. Try tapering the tramadol and maybe use some immodium and other comfort meds like clonidine or gabapentin. You can try skipping days in dosing to lower your tolerance. If you can make it a few days then you could likely handle a taper.

You need to taper down to a low dose over time and not have any drug on hand when you cold Turkey

I was strung out on both Oxy and tramadol when I went on Suboxone. I also was already on an SNRI, which probably helped. It made the transition pretty smooth, but ten years on, I've been tapering off Sub for about 2 years and am still not completely off it.

My bad.... Good to know... Just ignore my advice, but acknowledge the extra difficulty I presented

How much are you using each day now? Can you get yourself a doctor to help you detox? Gapabentin, clonidine and diazepam will make a hell of a lot of difference. An antidepressant like bupropion may also help, but the gabapentin, clonidine and diazepam are the most useful.

stuff like this even diphehydramine and Cannabis Bud use is beyond helpful a lot more then you would believe. Ibuprofen or Naproxen/Aspirin and Acetaminophen all help the aches and pains surprisingly too.

That’s so weird I’m in such a similar position... I had to wait for November for the only time where I’ll have a week off which is now or during thanksgiving, but basically November.

I’m also reaching this helpless point... I’ve become addicted to benzos and gabapentin over the years trying to quit opiates. I managed to fully kick gabapentin, I’m trying to taper the benzos but I just need at least 20-30 mgs Valium Or 2 mgs klonopin to get through work and school.

Ugh it’s hour 12 just on my bed sniffling/eyes running, coming off .5-1 gram of blk tar a day, this sucks.

I always cave in at night before even hour 24...
Usually because it’ll be the first time I’m that sick in a while and you get a real rush during that time. Typically I slam every 4-6 hours so I could go months without feeling that sick, so I never could cleanse my receptors enough, even 24 hours, in order to get a real good nod/rush.

Idk what I’m ranting on about, but I got all the gabapentin, benzos, I got 32 mgs subuxone total 2 strips 2 pills (maybe less like 24 mgs), 450 mgs of oxy that I slowly saved up over the months in order to taper off h as well as 500 mgs of ER morphine.
I have tons of weed and wax but I’m a daily smoker and when I’m kicking opiates, coming down from weed makes it even worse.

I have no idea what I’m saying like OP I hope he/she are okay. I’ll stay posted even though I’ve said that on a few threads now and always fail.
I hate this shit.

have you checked out our recovery support forums?
perhaps OD isn't the safest or best place for someone struggling as much as you bro?
really wish you the best and hope you can fight through this terrible situation; and feel free to message me if you need anything else mate

As some of you know from mypost about a year ago I had a bad experience with coming off of tramadol. I had been taking it 1 and a half years at 300mg daily. I triedto quit lost my job, went through 4 days of absolute hell, my parents and friends had no contact with me everything was on airplane mode, I could not handle the withdrawals the constant agony and twitching (myclonic leg twitches) and the brain zaps. I took 50mg on day 4 and quickly not even an hour later started to feel so much better not high or anything just coming back to sanity. So I gave up and started using it once more.

Its now november 2017 and Im trying once again to get off, tough it thru and get to the other side but I didnt last 2 days I called off from work I have alot of annual leave saved just for this period to quit this drug and stay home but the clocks ticking im feeling hopeless depressed this is a weird cry for help i dont know what I wish to achieve typing this. Maybe writing this gives me some kind of comfort somehow. I have 5 days left to do this meaning tomorrow I cant use. How do you do this how does anyone get off a drug this hell is too much you guys are strong as hell mentally and physically i will applaud and commend anyone who has ever done this successfully. Im not trying to spark anything by this last remark Im ok im not seeking attention please Im not suicidal dont worry, but I have this weird consistent thought about 48 hours in when things get bad w/d, that I could end my life I have guns maybe I wrote about this before last year too. I always think man just shooting myself side of the head is easier than this 100 hours of agony counting hour by hour just curled up cant hold down a sip of juice running my a/c on full blast then turning the heater on because Im hot and im cold.

Sorry if this is abad post, it just felt really good to write I guess Im at a vulnerable time right now so just doing weird things that help me.

Hello,
Your problem took awhile to develop, and it will take awhile to get rid of. You need to be strong and you can do it. If 50 mg takes away your symptoms, then take 50 mg every 4 hrs for a week. Then take 50 mg every 5 hours for a week. Then take 50 mg every 6 hours for a week. See where I am going? If you slowly taper off it will be possible, but you have to have the willpower to stick to your plan and not take extra doses. It will be hard but you can do it!!

You can do it man. The journey will be rough, but you can make it. Just stick to a taper plan like what was aforementioned, I believe in ya'

I was right there with those fucked up thoughts. During the last few weeks of using and through my wd I would constantly fantasize about the barrel of a pistol pushed hard into the side of my head. I'd play it over and over in my mind to the point of obsession. In reality I had no gun and never made serious attempts on my life. But I suppose the helplessness of addiction makes checking out seem like an easy solution. You don't sound particularly suicidal so ill spare you the speech about how it all gets better. Take some of the advice regarding a medically assisted detox outlined in other posts on this thread. I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone with those feelings during this difficult time. Ok the bright side I have about 18 months clean thanks to suboxone and some life changes. What I can tell you is that it gets much easier with every day you start feeling like your old self and your biggest regret will probably be not doing this sooner. Good luck and God bless